Member's locations

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
chris as mentioned above it does take a long time to load when you click on the link
also several members have multiple indicators regarding their location
wgcp and cory in dc are just 2 examples
overall i like the idea .....:)

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
We have European members too. Longitude and Latitude would work everywhere but who knows those lol.

There is a converter I can try to use in the code, but if it doesn't cut the load time down on that page, its pointless! :)

Will keep trying to tweak it!

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
There is a converter I can try to use in the code, but if it doesn't cut the load time down on that page, its pointless! :)

Will keep trying to tweak it!

Well the whole thing is a really cool idea -- thank you for pursuing it!!

I can also email members to let them know and encourage them to add their zipcodes

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
so just to clear up my location I have listed Oakland but zip code is for Placerville. I work in Oakland(near San Francisco) and live in Placerville thus the conflicting zip and location

JoeyA

Verified Member
From
Metairie, LA
Complaint

Complaint

I've added my zip code to the map but I have a complaint. Jtompilot's pin on the map covers my pin on the map just like he does all of my betting money (it disappears too). Pfffft.

JoeyA

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I've added my zip code to the map but I have a complaint. Jtompilot's pin on the map covers my pin on the map just like he does all of my betting money (it disappears too). Pfffft.

JoeyA

lol, good one Joey.. :)

Guess you have to zoom in closer to see the separation..just like in one pocket, you have to out move Jim because it's hard to out shoot him!

also taking longer than I thought to get this done, but I will have some time this weekend to get more into it...stay tuned!

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Good question!! I've been wondering about either under "About Us" or "Forums" ?? cincy has probably put more thought into it than I have :)

Not a lot of thought :)

But I think under About Us makes the most sense on the website and we could always throw it in a sticky in the "member's area" on the forums if that makes sense too!

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
So I just did my zip. Any lag time?

Nope!

I see you Bill, right in the middle of colorado hehe...

You will have to refresh the page to see it after you added yourself:

http://onepocket.org/forum/member-map-new.php

This still takes about 20 seconds to load for me, I am working on re-working the code to utilize some different functions...hopefully make it load a lot faster!

Nick B

Verified Member
From
Vancouver, Canada
Come on now...somebody hardcode me in. Only Canadian and coming to SFO to give you my dead money.

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 0

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Sorry for the delay, it's been kicking my butt trying to figure out some of the code stuff.

In any case, the good news is, I was able to write some code that converts the zip codes over to lat/lng coords. For those outside the US (like Nick) I added his code manually - but you are there now Nick! :)

Bad news is, sucker still takes 20 secs or so to load. I am wondering if it might be from querying the forum database..dunno..I will continue to tweak!

The link is now: http://onepocket.org/forum/member-map.php