members tournament September 2022 the Hague, Netherlands

Eengat

Verified Member
How many people will commit to flying across the pond with Covid rampaging? I would sign up today if I thought it would be safe, but its not. You can call me names or whatever but I made it thus far with only a few minor setbacks, broken neck, shattered pelvis, and chronic pain but no long term disease. I would be willing to join a group flying from the best coast. Direct to London, Euro rail from there. A euro pass will take you everywhere. What is an average bet for action? 100euros a game?
Definitely straight to Amsterdam
No reason to go to London i think
100eu a game average haha no sorry
There are 2,3 players that would bet that, or more

evergruven

Verified Member
shooting stick in europe with good people from all over sounds like a hoot
a bit pricey plus covid still a thing now..what's the deadline for signing up?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
shooting stick in europe with good people from all over sounds like a hoot
a bit pricey plus covid still a thing now..what's the deadline for signing up?
This is scheduled for next September, so there is plenty of time to see what happens with Covid, and make plans accordingly (or have the CDC or whatever governments are involved dictate rules to us lol). Deadline would be if it filled up I would think, so not too many worries yet.

We still have to iron out what we want for OnePocket.org membership criteria for our Euro players. Only a few qualify now by our MOT standard (recently impressed on me by numerous members ;)) -- but we might need to set a different criteria for our Euro members. They should all join, because there is nothing that is strictly American about onepocket.org, and in fact we already have a number of international members. Not sure about how many would meet a 20 post minimum at this time though. I don't think our member map accommodates international postal codes yet.

We are also getting questions on our Facebook page -- does activity on our Facebook page play any role at all towards MOT?? Or should it???

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
This is scheduled for next September, so there is plenty of time to see what happens with Covid, and make plans accordingly (or have the CDC or whatever governments are involved dictate rules to us lol). Deadline would be if it filled up I would think, so not too many worries yet.

We still have to iron out what we want for OnePocket.org membership criteria for our Euro players. Only a few qualify now by our MOT standard (recently impressed on my by numerous members ;)) -- but we might need to set a different criteria for our Euro members. They should all join, because there is nothing that is strictly American about onepocket.org, and in fact we already have a number of international members. Not sure about how many would meet a 20 post minimum at this time though. I don't think our member map accommodates international postal codes yet.

We are also getting questions on our Facebook page -- does activity on our Facebook page play any role at all towards MOT?? Or should it???
Not to derail the thread but I think we should add that as an MOT requirement. You should have to post an intro thread even if it's short. If part of the process is to get to know one another, an introduction sounds like a great way to start! :)

As far as the euro tourney, great idea!

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
My wife and I are thinking about it, maybe tying that into a river cruise that we cancelled 3 times due to Covid. If we cant schedule all of that together we won't be going so let's hopw it works. We would plan on flying in and out of Amsterdam. From there it's like 45 minutes to the Hague.
I would love to go also. I’ve asked my wife if she would like to go, but she’s not so keen. I’ve had my Moderna booster, I’m personally not worried about Covid.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I would love to go also. I’ve asked my wife if she would like to go, but she’s not so keen. I’ve had my Moderna booster, I’m personally not worried about Covid.
Great to have you go -- another indefatigable player that is willing to match up with about anybody!

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Definitely straight to Amsterdam
No reason to go to London i think
100eu a game average haha no sorry
There are 2,3 players that would bet that, or more
There are plenty of reasons to fly into London. One, if I am going to Europe it will be for a few weeks so a trip from London to Paris to Brussels and so on. That’s great news, I’m a monster for ten dollars, a little boy with wet pants for a hunnert

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
If ten of us go then that means we will have an extra 11 of our partners going with us? We should be able to find a person in the travel industry that could help us manage the trip. We fly out of Seattle to London and then it’s Euro Pass time, yee haw

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
If ten of us go then that means we will have an extra 11 of our partners going with us? We should be able to find a person in the travel industry that could help us manage the trip. We fly out of Seattle to London and then it’s Euro Pass time, yee haw
My wife is planning to come also. I believe we will go to The Hague early and then afterwards come back with a detour to visit my sis and her family in England. We haven’t been since her youngest son got married about 10 years ago.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Looks like I'm in, Covid permitted. Sign me up!

I just learned that my wife, Diane, booked the river cruise and our travel agent is looking at rooms in the Hague. Very excited!

Dave Gross

Last edited:

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Looks like I'm in Covid permitted. Sign me up!

I just learned that my wife, Diane, booked the river cruise and our travel agent is looking at rooms in the Hague. Very excited!

Dave Gross
Lets go on a real cruise to St Petersburg and mother Russia that starts/ends in London. Covid permitting. I was reading that Europe is the center of the latest, biggest, breakout.