Members tourney

Members tourney

• Total voters

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
looks like I messed up. there is no way for me to edit an existing poll, that I know of. maybe we can get steve to delete it, or maybe just delete the thread, copying the latest room info, and member list that is compiled and we'll start a new thread.

Maybe the poll should just have city's in the poll. Chicago, Philly, New Orleans, Memphis all have two rooms that could hold a tournament

Cory in dc

Verified Member
John, if the lack of 1 table turns out to be the only disqualification for Lacy's, then I wouldn't be surprised if the owner (Frank) would add another table. They used to have 17, so there's plenty of space. Just a thought...

~Doc

They have 16th table, but it's a 10' table. So we could also seek out volunteers to play on that if we did it at Lacy's again. Even though I enjoyed and appreciated Lacy's, moving around the country seems like a good idea to me.

I'm not voting in the poll because flying one place is about the same to me as flying another. I prefer non-smoking, but if we agree that the tourney is to be non-smoking then it probably wouldn't be too bad.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
They have 16th table, but it's a 10' table. So we could also seek out volunteers to play on that if we did it at Lacy's again. Even though I enjoyed and appreciated Lacy's, moving around the country seems like a good idea to me.

I'm not voting in the poll because flying one place is about the same to me as flying another. I prefer non-smoking, but if we agree that the tourney is to be non-smoking then it probably wouldn't be too bad.

The poll is multiple choice -- so if you would go to any or all, then please vote so we can better gauge interest! For the Lacy event we had a FULL FIELD of 32, so the bar has been set kind of high!!

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I am not sure how many tables Michael's even has but I don't think they have 16 of the 9' diamonds, I am trying to picture it and I want to say they have around 12 but I could be wrong...I will try to find out because that may DQ it from the beginning.

youngstown

Verified Member
Big Surprise to me. I thought it had 16.

I'm for 16 only, unless we start play at noon Friday.

I got that from the website. I just looked again to double check. they have 12 9' GCs... and 2 9' Diamonds, so they have 14. I'm wrong again...sigh

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Non smoking, having a city/airport/rail system that's easy to get in/out and being in Beard country is all for me. Also, many can get there by
Amtrak.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Just so people aren't calling Red Shoes again...lol 14 GC3's non smoking. They are well know for their tournaments and i know they have 14.1 leagues there.

Me and Col Billie played 11 hours at High Pockets a few months ago... 5 GC's with bigger pockets, 5 with smaller pockets a pro cut diamond and a 4-1/8" diamond. Smoking but has high ceilings so it isn't too bad. Tracey comped our time:)

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
red shoes is no smoking. last time i was there, it was ok to burn one outside. not sure about the other rooms on the list other than lacy's (which for those that don't know - ok to smoke outside and a designated small room/smoking pen inside that is separated from the rest of the building)

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
If its nonsmoking then that leaves Lacy's, Chicago rooms, and California. Lacy's is the best room. All Diamond Blues with 4 tighter tables. No way to get better than that

youngstown

Verified Member
Members tourney

Gold Crown is nonsmoking, there are balconies outside where you can sit, eat, smoke...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OldSchool

Verified Member
As regards Chicago, I don't understand why you guys are talking about and voting on Red Shoes and not Chris's Billiard's. Chris's Billiard's is a great old school poolroom, it's non-smoking, and has all the tables you could want. About 25 9ft. tables, Gold Crowns and Diamonds. And it's only about a 4 hour drive for me, so maybe I'd come and play myself :eek:. And when guys don't have tournament matches going on and want to gamble, they can probably get about 12-7 from Chris Gentile or Ike Runnels :heh.

Old School

Last edited:

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
As regards Chicago, I don't understand why you guys are talking about and voting on Red Shoes and not Chris's Billiard's. Chris's Billiard's is a great historic old school poolroom, it's non-smoking, and has all the tables you could want. About 25 9ft. tables, Gold Crowns and Diamonds. And it's only about a 4 hour drive for me, so maybe I'd come and play myself :eek:. And when guys don't have tournament matches going on and want to gamble, they can probably get about 12-7 from Chris Gentile or Ike Runnels :heh.

Old School

And since we just had one in NO why not try another area? Transportation in Chi Town has many facets. Bus service is also great, and the pizza. I too like Chris's.

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
I Am All In !

I Am All In !

Please count me as a participant wherever the tournament is held. California, Arizona, North Carolina. I sure like Highpockets in Memphis. Tracy is very good to the pool community.

YoungSchool

As regards Chicago, I don't understand why you guys are talking about and voting on Red Shoes and not Chris's Billiard's. Chris's Billiard's is a great historic old school poolroom, it's non-smoking, and has all the tables you could want. About 25 9ft. tables, Gold Crowns and Diamonds. And it's only about a 4 hour drive for me, so maybe I'd come and play myself :eek:. And when guys don't have tournament matches going on and want to gamble, they can probably get about 12-7 from Chris Gentile or Ike Runnels :heh.

Old School

yeah, whatever you say oldschool......:sorry no bar. no food. nowhere to stay nearby. let alone the whacky temperature extremes in that place..... street regulars/locals would be receptive and cooperative to that as well, i'm sure.....:rolleyes:

great, historic room that everyone should get to - yes.
good spot for a 1p.org members tourney - no.

however, i do hear from my main man, miller, that it's ghost's home room.....;)

OldSchool

Verified Member
And since we just had one in NO why not try another area? Transportation in Chi Town has many facets. Bus service is also great, and the pizza. I too like Chris's.

Yes, I forgot about transportation. Chris's is only about 4 exits down the freeway from the airport, at low traffic times you can get there in 10 minutes.

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
The Nicest Pool Room

The Nicest Pool Room

The poll is multiple choice -- so if you would go to any or all, then please vote so we can better gauge interest! For the Lacy event we had a FULL FIELD of 32, so the bar has been set kind of high!!

Non-smoking, full bar, full menu, the finest equipment. I would bet Frank would add another 9 footer.

If you remember, most players arrived on Thursday. My wife and I checked into our rooms Wed evening, went down to Lacy's - action city already.
Thursday 6-10 tables going between members matching up. I played Tom-Tom all day.

I think that a Thurs night Calcutta is very doable, with matches starting on Fri with exceptions for the ones that justn can't make it til Fri P.M. or Sat A.M.