Mobile action mini update

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Sat. evening: Billy Incardona getting 11-7 from Cliff Joyner, 5 ahead for 10 bags. Billy was up 4 at one point. When I left for dinner he was only 1 up. Billy is playing very well; however Joyner seems capable of running out at any time.

Lil Jon vs. Tony "T-Rex" Chohan. LJ's getting 10-7. John was up 2 when I left. I don't know the stakes.

John got 10 bags for winning the ring game last night, so I assume he's ready to go off (if necessary of course); although I doubt John's end was more than 4 bags-- and that may have been cut up.

The other ring game finishers were Jeremy Jones for 4K, and Cliff Joyner for 2K. Out of the money were John Schmidt, Tony Watson , Scotty Townsend, Hillbilly, and Larry Nevel.

There's been a ton of 1P action!

Doc

Smorgass Bored

Verified Member
From
Tampa
Inquiring Minds and all that !!!

Inquiring Minds and all that !!!

Doc, Is Buddy there ? Joey A. ? Jamie F. ? Any of the 'foreign' contingent ?
:cool:

roo7227

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas..
Somebody's Gonna Get Outta Line..

Somebody's Gonna Get Outta Line..

Some inside dope from the rooster..

Tony Chohan offered to play Double J some even onepocket, but Double J wants to play the filipino (take a guess as to which)..

By the way, Tony's not gonna like it if Jones accepts (IMO)..

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
roo7227 said:
Some inside dope from the rooster..

Tony Chohan offered to play Double J some even onepocket, but Double J wants to play the filipino (take a guess as to which)..

By the way, Tony's not gonna like it if Jones accepts (IMO)..
I don't know which, but is Orcollo there? I am real excited for the game of One Pocket that he seems to be plunging right into learning the game! You guys also must have found it interesting that in Olathe he matched up at the game with another great player, but one not so much known for his One Pocket (Deuel), rather than someone who is better known for the game -- testing the waters before going straight to the deep end :)

Keep us informed if JJ gets something going!

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Smorgass Bored said:
Doc, Is Buddy there ? Joey A. ? Jamie F. ? Any of the 'foreign' contingent ?
:cool:
Yes, JoeyA is there, focusing strictly on the toy table tournament. No Red Rifle. Casey quipped that Jamie was "too scared" to attend, but I'm sure he was joking. No Buddy. No JayBird. No Humphrey. Tons of others.

Billy Incardona is ruling the action side of the room. He's playing well, beating Cliff Joyner yesterday (as above), and leading 3-1 in a race to 6 for 2500 (I think) when I left last night.

Tony Chohan was at 3 (of 5) ahead for 3 bags, giving Eddie Brown 9-6. I got the impression that the Nawlins contingent didn't believe Eddie would lose with that weight. They may not realize how strong T-rex has got at 1P. Eddie was pulling all the move tricks out of his considerable trove of experience, but mostly Tony was just rolling his eyes.

Earlier Chohan prevailed over LJ for medium sand. I think it was 10-7, but I don't know the set design.

BTW Cal, Incardona and I had a nice little chat about the old days in Pittsburgh. I guess he was originally from Monroeville. He recalls McGans, and he told the name of the upstairs room on 5th Ave above Bonds clothing. But of course I promptly forgot...:mad:

Doc

Cal

Verified Member
From
Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
Mobile action mini update

Great Job Doc keep up the good work ask Billy if he remembers the "FIREMAN" those were the days. sorry that they are gone,but not forgotten .Stay well my friend see you at the DCC

yobagua

Actually Steve, Corey's one pocket game is highly underated. He did come in second to Efren at the DCC. I forget what year.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Cal said:
Great Job Doc keep up the good work ask Billy if he remembers the "FIREMAN" those were the days. sorry that they are gone,but not forgotten .Stay well my friend see you at the DCC
Billy hadn't yet made an appearance by the time I left today at 5 PM, CST. The Red Rifle did blow in, and promptly match up with Cliff Joyner. Jamie is getting 11-7, 5 ahead for 2 bags. When I left they were dead even. Some of us felt that Jamie and Billy I. would be a good matchup, since they both got the same weight from Cliff...:cool: Chohan arrived, and started chirping, so I imagine he'll get something going. Most would like to see Cliff/Chohan. The venerable Biloxi Mike also showed, but was content to just watch. Since he's a working man, he's not competed in one year. And so am I....

Doc

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Update

Update

gulfportdoc said:
The Red Rifle did blow in, and promptly match up with Cliff Joyner. Jamie is getting 11-7, 5 ahead for 2 bags. When I left they were dead even.
Just found out that Jamie and Cliff ended up dead even after 12 hours play. They got back to even at 1:30 Monday morning, and --since they were both tired-- decided to quit.

Doc

I1PL

Verified Member
From
Novato, CA
Thanks Doc

Thanks Doc

I feel like I'm there reading Doc's commentary. So is this thing an annual event? bigger than Derby City?

fg

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I1PL said:
I feel like I'm there reading Doc's commentary. So is this thing an annual event? bigger than Derby City?

fg
Yes, it's an annual event. I refer to it as the Mobile Annual Barbox Marathon and Endurance Contest, because it's played 'round the clock for two days. There's actually more money to be made on the 9-footers in the action side of the room for certain players. Some play the tournament, some just come to gamble; and the action is non stop. I sat on my butt for 2-1/2 days observing the action. I never watched one tournament match. But no, nothing currently is bigger than the DCC.

Doc

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
Billy and LJ

Billy and LJ

Billy Incardona showed up and matched up with John 'LilJohn' Macias playing one pocket. I watched them play for over 3 hours. I know LJ won the first race in straight games for a dime and a half. I heard they raised the stakes and made a weight adjustment for the second race but I left before it was over and Billy had yet to win a game, in either set.

Pel