My Shot Revised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
I accepted your challenge to play - I didn't see any reply to that.

- Ghost
I wiLL pLAY YOU hOW MUCH dO yOU want tO put up .I WILL pLAY yOU 5 Ahead How Much Do You Want To Play For. I Know You are in stoke thats all ok. Tell me how Much You Want To Play For. And Then We will make the arangmets were and when.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Inside is needed,

Inside is needed,

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@2APTx4BOcM1CApL2DXOE1EUey4FVuL4GLJM2HbSe1INBR3JVVL3KPJL4LSDM2MDwg4NHRM3OSLL4PBJr4QdGs2UPTx2UceK2UHGh4kBJr2kNwu2kJdp2kAxezc@[/CUETABLE]
Dudley said:
Something like this Artie? Might be hard to dodge the kiss?

SD
<iframe src="http://CueTable.com/P/Player/?@2APTx4BOcM1CApL2DXOE1EUey4FVuL4GLJM2HbSe1INBR3JVVL3KPJL4LSDM2MDwg4NHRM3OSLL4PBJr4QdGs2UPTx2UbGQ1UbYR4kBJr2kMyu2kKbk3kDpk@" noresize="noresize" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" frameborder="no" width="600" height="400" ></iframe>

Dudley, I agree that this shot is very close to a kiss, hard to tell on the WEI table, but Arties shot ,rolling the ball with a half ball hit, would look something like the layout above.
Rod.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I wiLL pLAY YOU hOW MUCH dO yOU want tO put up .I WILL pLAY yOU 5 Ahead How Much Do You Want To Play For. I Know You are in stoke thats all ok. Tell me how Much You Want To Play For. And Then We will make the arangmets were and when.

Artie,

I believe all the answers to your questions, were in his original message... Just click the link below and look near the bottom.

http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showpost.php?p=23014&postcount=36

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
Well, since you don't want to play nice - on my thread...I'm going to prove, without a doubt (actually you proved it for me with your own posts) that you don't always know and shoot the CORRECT shot....In my table layout, on this thread, in post #15, here is what you said you would shoot >>>

45 Minutes later, in post 19, you changed your mind and posted this >>>

Well, you know what, in a real One Pocket game, you don't get to wait 45 minutes before you shoot....So if you had been in a game, you would have had to have shot your first choice......But now you say that your second choice is the, "only CORRECT shot"......Well since there can't be 2 CORRECT shots, then that means that in the real game, having shot your initial choice, you would have shot the INCORRECT shot.....You proved that you shoot INCORRECT shots, with your own words....Case Closed.

PS, And this is not the first time you've changed what you've said the 'CORRECT' shot was....:rolleyes:

Now as for this last post of yours >>>

As I already said, your shot is wrong, not because of a kiss on the 1 ball - I never said that - somebody else did.....I said: "you would have to dangerously cut the 1 ball paper thin to bounce back between the 1 and the 3/13 without running into the 13 or the 3".....That's why your shot is way too risky and incorrect.....And as for your challenge....

YOU'VE GOT A BET....:eek:.....I'll play you with my safety against yours, with this table layout, for $100 a game - we can either play just one inning after our safety's and see who sells out a ball, or play out the rest of the games - and please don't try and highroll me as a way to get out of the challenge......I don't get out to Vegas, but we can do this in Chicago anytime starting tomorrow, or we can do it at the next DCC in front of all of the forum members....:).....And, I'd be more than happy to post up $100 show-up money with Steve Booth.

- Ghost.....:cool:
You sound like a little kid My Tread Nothing is youres it all belongs to THe Site. Nothing is youres. on this site. Be Happy that you get to post and reply.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
You sound like a little kid My Tread Nothing is youres it all belongs to THe Site. Nothing is youres. on this site. Be Happy that you get to post and reply.
Her is How We Do it If I come To Chicago Or You Come To Las Vagas.We CAn Play this For # hundred dollars a game. And We put Up For 6 game Frezze out. And thats not much money in todays world. So you cant say I am High Rooling you. And We will Complete the whole game. And WE will get some one to set up the balls like in the dieagram. And we can play it tell someone wins the 6 games. And we can put up the money who you feel coftrable with. And I guess the can make the exacte printe thats on the site.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Her is How We Do it If I come To Chicago Or You Come To Las Vagas.We CAn Play this For # hundred dollars a game. And We put Up For 6 game Frezze out. And thats not much money in todays world. So you cant say I am High Rooling you. And We will Complete the whole game. And WE will get some one to set up the balls like in the dieagram. And we can play it tell someone wins the 6 games. And we can put up the money who you feel coftrable with. And I guess the can make the exacte printe thats on the site.
We will be playing each game who gets 4 balls first in thier pocket. We will flip to see who shots first. And From Thier we will take turns shooting the first shot. Sounds Ok to Me.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Artie Bodendorfer said:
We will be playing each game who gets 4 balls first in thier pocket. We will flip to see who shots first. And From Thier we will take turns shooting the first shot. Sounds Ok to Me.

Sounds good to me, a long as the balls get placed correctly.

Artie Bodendorfer said:
Her is How We Do it If I come To Chicago Or You Come To Las Vagas.We CAn Play this For # hundred dollars a game. And We put Up For 6 game Frezze out. And We will Complete the whole game.

Well now, I'm not going to let you dictate/manage the whole game/terms.....I said I'd play you with this table setup for $100 a game, I didn't say anything about ahead games or a freeze out......But I'll tell you what...I want to play, so I'll compromise with you and put up for four games - $400.00.

- Ghost

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
CaliRed said:
No problem, I was betting 7 to 3, that would be 100% the CORRECT thing to do in that situation;)
If I come To Chicago to visit My Daughter or on Buisness I will call you a week ahead of time and I will play you a 4 hundred dollaer frezze out.I dont want to high role you. But I dont want to spened 5 hundred dollares to fly 2 thousand miles to play for 4 hundred dollares But we will get to geather some were or maybe when you come to las vagas.Make sure you keep the diagram of the balls position. But when we get together we will have some fun. Evnen if I loose its still the best shot. AB

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Artie Bodendorfer said:
If I come To Chicago to visit My Daughter or on Buisness I will call you a week ahead of time and I will play you a 4 hundred dollaer frezze out.I dont want to high role you. But I dont want to spened 5 hundred dollares to fly 2 thousand miles to play for 4 hundred dollares But we will get to geather some were or maybe when you come to las vagas.Make sure you keep the diagram of the balls position. But when we get together we will have some fun. Evnen if I loose its still the best shot. AB

Sounds good....I wouldn't expect you to fly somewhere just to play for $400 either.

- Ghost

PS, And even if I happen to lose...my safety is still the correct shot.....:)

Last edited:

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
Sounds good....I wouldn't expect you to fly somewhere just to play for $400 either.

- Ghost

PS, And even if I happen to lose...my safety is still the correct shot.....:)[/QUOT

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:

- Ghost

PS, And even if I happen to lose...my safety is still the correct shot.....:)[/QUOT I am Glad THat You Are SAying Correct Shot Instead of right shot.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
Well, since you don't want to play nice - on my thread...I'm going to prove, without a doubt (actually you proved it for me with your own posts) that you don't always know and shoot the CORRECT shot....In my table layout, on this thread, in post #15, here is what you said you would shoot >>>

45 Minutes later, in post 19, you changed your mind and posted this >>>

Well, you know what, in a real One Pocket game, you don't get to wait 45 minutes before you shoot....So if you had been in a game, you would have had to have shot your first choice......But now you say that your second choice is the, "only CORRECT shot"......Well since there can't be 2 CORRECT shots, then that means that in the real game, having shot your initial choice, you would have shot the INCORRECT shot.....You proved that you shoot INCORRECT shots, with your own words....Case Closed.

PS, And this is not the first time you've changed what you've said the 'CORRECT' shot was....:rolleyes:

Now as for this last post of yours >>>

As I already said, your shot is wrong, not because of a kiss on the 1 ball - I never said that - somebody else did.....I said: "you would have to dangerously cut the 1 ball paper thin to bounce back between the 1 and the 3/13 without running into the 13 or the 3".....That's why your shot is way too risky and incorrect.....And as for your challenge....

YOU'VE GOT A BET....:eek:.....I'll play you with my safety against yours, with this table layout, for $100 a game - we can either play just one inning after our safety's and see who sells out a ball, or play out the rest of the games - and please don't try and highroll me as a way to get out of the challenge......I don't get out to Vegas, but we can do this in Chicago anytime starting tomorrow, or we can do it at the next DCC in front of all of the forum members....:).....And, I'd be more than happy to post up $100 show-up money with Steve Booth.

- Ghost.....:cool:
I dont have know second and third choice . Thier Is Only One simple shot Banking The One ball Accross the Table And Poting the cue ball on the first dimond. A Player Playing 6 months could do it. But A player playing Six Months could not do your shot. And Every Time You Shot It The Cue Ball And Object ball Will Be In A different place. Your Shot Is A sucker Shot. Not A one pocket shot.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
which shot

which shot

androd said:
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@2APTx4BOcM1CApL2DXOE1EUey4FVuL4GLJM2HbSe1INBR3JVVL3KPJL4LSDM2MDwg4NHRM3OSLL4PBJr4QdGs2UPTx2UceK2UHGh4kBJr2kNwu2kJdp2kAxezc@[/CUETABLE]

Dudley, I agree that this shot is very close to a kiss, hard to tell on the WEI table, but Arties shot ,rolling the ball with a half ball hit, would look something like the layout above.
Rod.
Gentlemen, and Artie, the shot is very close to a kiss and between the 2 shots the Ghost shot is less risky and probably a better shot from the positioned diagramed. I usually agree with Artie on shot selection, but this time it's all Ghost. An A for the Ghost;) ;) ;)

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
2x2 many obstacles

2x2 many obstacles

wincardona said:
Gentlemen, and Artie, the shot is very close to a kiss and between the 2 shots the Ghost shot is less risky and probably a better shot from the positioned diagramed. I usually agree with Artie on shot selection, but this time it's all Ghost. An A for the Ghost;) ;) ;)

There are 4 reasons why I wouldn't shoot Arties shot.
#1 after contacting the 1 ball you must avoid the 13 ball
#2 then avoid the kiss on the 1 ball
#3 to avoid the kiss inside english should be used to avoid running into the 3.
#4 with inside english if you avoid the collision with the 13 ball and the 3 ball you have to avoid the straight back scratch.

You can vary your hit on the 1 ball to alter the angle, but if you strike the 1 ball too thinly, than you run the risk of the return kiss. :( :eek:

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
wincardona said:
I said that you bank the ball accross the table to my side of the table and put the cue ball on the other end off the table by the first dimond on the other side of the players pocket. And he said bank the three ball up and down the table and draw the cue ball back to the end rail. And if you go thrugh the posts you will see his shot or somebody that knowes how to do that can bring the shot up to the latest post. And My shot the cue ball will end up by the first dimond. And if you want to you can even get the cue ball by the corner pocket if you want to risk scratching. But you have to line the balls up correctly.And thier is nothing to shooting the 1 ball across the table and the cue ball will come down to the end rail natuarly. And A biginner could never execuite the other shot with control.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I said that you bank the ball accross the table to my side of the table and put the cue ball on the other end off the table by the first dimond on the other side of the players pocket. And he said bank the three ball up and down the table and draw the cue ball back to the end rail. And if you go thrugh the posts you will see his shot or somebody that knowes how to do that can bring the shot up to the latest post. And My shot the cue ball will end up by the first dimond. And if you want to you can even get the cue ball by the corner pocket if you want to risk scratching. But you have to line the balls up correctly.And thier is nothing to shooting the 1 ball across the table and the cue ball will come down to the end rail natuarly. And A biginner could never execuite the other shot with control.

I tried to position the balls the way I saw them, but there's no guarantee that our positioning of the balls are alike. Sometimes an inch differen't can be the difference. But once again, that's the way I saw it.

Have to go to work, see ya later.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
wincardona said:
I tried to position the balls the way I saw them, but there's no guarantee that our positioning of the balls are alike. Sometimes an inch differen't can be the difference. But once again, that's the way I saw it.

Do you walk to work or carry your lunch? Wittch shot would you shoot or would you shoot a different shot all together?

SJDinPHX

Suspended
wincardona said:

Work, the curse of the gambling class... WEI tables are a tough way to get a point across. I'm quite sure, if we were all looking at a real pool table, there would be a lot more agreement, than disagreement. (or it might lead to bloodshed)

Speaking of work, where has Cowboy Dennis been ?

Certainly hope he and Fanatic aren't too busy PMing each other to share their WEI gems with us.

Dick <---has missed the WEI master's insightful posts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.