No live Derby City

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
I contacted the Billiards Club Network today to find out when we could sign up for the DCC broadcast. Was advised there will not be a live broadcast. At a later date you will be able to purchase matches/events you want to see. I know they had some tech problems but I think is was a great value. In fact, I think it was under priced at 9.95. I expected the price to go up this year as a live broadcast feed is quite expensive. I would pay 50 bucks if they would offer the programing live. I just hate watching something later knowing the outcome.

JMO, Pel

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
Great package last year, good feed if you had DSL or Cable connections.

There was a live chat room also. At one time there were 44 chatters in the room, commenting about the matches and pool in general.

It was the only way I could see Billy Palmer defeat Efrin Reyes in One Pocket. Great Match and worth the price of the Accustats video with Danny and Jimmy Mataya commentating.

I will miss it this year... maybe next year :(

hemicudas

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Miss.
I agree, Tom. The DCC last year was a steal at $9.95 and having, Road Runner, the feed was nice. The problems they had at the Open and the many $39.95s they had to return, I believe, made their decision for them. I don't think you will see another BCN live feed until they are totally sure of the coverage quality. They couldn't have made money at $9.95 and the poor quality at $39.95 cost them their profits.

twister

Verified Member
From
Boston, MA
Not live, but close...

Not live, but close...

From a recent email from billiardclub.net (i personally like the comment about viewing the matches from the comfort of your office):

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE :
DERBY CITY CLASSIC ON DEMAND
Pool’s #1 Gambling Event will be Broadcast Online at www.billiardclub.net

ST. LOUIS, MO (1-11-05) – Billiard Club Network (BCn) will broadcast the Derby City Classic (DCC) from the Executive West Hotel, in Louisville, KY online at www.billiardclub.net. The tournament begins Friday, January 14th with a 6-Player, 10-Ball Ring Game and a 6-Player Bank Pool Ring Game on Saturday, January 15th. The weeklong tournament, which also features one-pocket and bank pool, concludes with the finals of the 9-Ball division on Saturday, January 22 nd.

All matches on the feature table will be available for viewing On-Demand at www.billiardclub.net, shortly after the completion of the match. Online viewers will have up to 3 days to watch each match or show of their choice from the menu of available event programs.

The Ring Games are organized and hosted by “The Professor” Grady Mathews and Greg Sullivan, president of Diamond Billiards, the host sponsor and promoter of the tournament.

The expected 6-player 10-Ball Ring Game includes last year’s DCC Ring Game winners Johnny Archer and Corey Deuel, along with Efren Reyes, John Schmidt, Shannon Daulton, and Alex Pagulayan. The entry fee is $3000 for this winner-take-all match up.

The Bank Pool Ring Game, another Grady Mathews event, will begin Saturday evening January 15 and feature Shannon Daulton, Truman Hogue, Ike Runnels, Tony Coleman, Brian Gregg, as well as Grady Mathews.

The Derby City Classic is a unique 9-day billiard competition that showcases three distinct games, Bank Pool, One Pocket and traditional 9-Ball. Each event features over 300 competitors annually and is open to all players. The event's rare combination of low entry fees and high prize money offers the ultimate in competition for the players and spectators.

Online viewers worldwide will be treated to matches, interviews and expert commentary all from the comfort of their home or office. The cost to watch online and the necessary system requirements will be posted online at www.billiardclub.net just prior to the start of the event.

All matches taped on the TV table, including the Ring Game, will be edited for cable TV broadcast later in 2005 through BCn’s broadcast partners Empire Sports Network, Altitude Sport Network, Comcast Sports Chicago, Comcast Sports West and Comcast Local Detroit. BCn is negotiating with other sports network interested in carrying the weekly production Billiard Club television as part of their weekly lineup. Stay tuned to www.billiardclub.net for breaking news.

For more detailed information about the Derby City Classic and potential sponsorship opportunities, contact BCn at 1-866-774-8770. Information and updates can also be found at www.billiardclub.net.