One Pocket in Austin, TX

BackPocket9Ball

Verified Member
From
Philadelphia
Can anyone tell me where the best pool rooms to play/gamble in Austin, TX are? Also, how much one pocket is played there? I'm going there for 8 days over the week of Thanksgiving with time and money to spare. I only match up at one pocket.

Thanks.

vagabond

Verified Member
From
Interstate 40/or Interstate 10
BackPocket9Ball said:
Can anyone tell me where the best pool rooms to play/gamble in Austin, TX are? Also, how much one pocket is played there? I'm going there for 8 days over the week of Thanksgiving with time and money to spare. I only match up at one pocket.

Thanks.

Erics on airport Blvd.U will have action-Ask for Bastrop or his son, David hansen and many others.

misterpoole

Verified Member
From
ok
BackPocket9Ball said:

Thanks.

I may be there as well for Thanksgiving...Last time I was there I played in Round Rock at GQ's, I think was the name, north of Austin.

1pRoscoe

Verified Member
misterpoole said:
I may be there as well for Thanksgiving...Last time I was there I played in Round Rock at GQ's, I think was the name, north of Austin.

avoid that place like the plague.... much nicer/better places to play in Austin.

stillhustlin

I went thru Austin once and stoped in this place called the side pocket i beleive....Motto on there shirts...shoot pool not people...Guys car got stolen while we were there..No action...Since the cats out the bag now,I guess ur best bet would be Erics or G-cues..Bastrop jr,Senior,David Henson or possibly Kenny Greer.You will be able to win something to if u really want to bet.If you dont like to bet real high and just like to play for a small wager you will get that to.Maybe Corey Dordek for that....Good luck.

misterpoole

Verified Member
From
ok
Roscoe said:
avoid that place like the plague.... much nicer/better places to play in Austin.

Well then name them. Eric's is not better than GQ, so what is?

ironman

Verified Member
Austin Tx.

Austin Tx.

Actually, we were in Austin this past summer for a 9-ball tournament and the place had been cleaned quite a bit.One pocket would be much better than G-Cue because the pockets are much tighter. At G-Cue, they are like buckets and roll horribly.
David Henson would probably come out and play some, though he doesn't get out as much as he used to. Bastrop says he doesn't play the game, but, he does! His son, James Davis "JR" plays the game a little. The smart play is to start with a fellow named Josh Dordek and then work your way up the list. How often though does that work out?

1pRoscoe

Verified Member
ironman said:
Actually, we were in Austin this past summer for a 9-ball tournament and the place had been cleaned quite a bit.One pocket would be much better than G-Cue because the pockets are much tighter. At G-Cue, they are like buckets and roll horribly.
David Henson would probably come out and play some, though he doesn't get out as much as he used to. Bastrop says he doesn't play the game, but, he does! His son, James Davis "JR" plays the game a little. The smart play is to start with a fellow named Josh Dordek and then work your way up the list. How often though does that work out?

Who is Josh Dordek and where does he play?

GCue has the biggest asshole of an owner and is just in general a cock to everyone that doesn't spend hundreds in there a day.

I used to go there for years and at $10-$20+/day x5 days a week, I have spent thousands in there.... he's still just a cock who is trying to save a sinking ship, but the way he treats the "regulars" (which there aren't hardly any there anymore), he will be out of business soon.....

ironman

Verified Member
Austin TX

Austin TX

Actually in my post or respnse, I was referring to Eric's as being the better place to play as they have the better tables and tighter pockets. I just forgot to mention the name.
Josh is Coreys brother.
My apologies as I didn't realized G-Ques ownership and you were so tight.