One-pocket in Chicago

twister

Verified Member
From
Boston, MA
A quick question from a newcomer to onepocket.org. Where is your favorite place (and time) to see some one-pocket action in the Chicago area? I have been to Chris's several times, but there wasn't much action. I'm looking for a place where there's some games to watch and some action if one's interested. Thanks in advance.

twister

Verified Member
From
Boston, MA
I just wanted to say that this is a great board, and I have really enjoyed reading all the discussions regarding shot selection and also the stories people post. Keep it up, this board is an oasis. Following up on my previous post, is anybody on the board from Chicago? I'm looking for a "sparring" partner for some one-pocket. I have been playing one-pocket for a few years now (and 3-cushion and banks for a little longer) and I want to improve my game through some serious regular sessions. Let me know if you're interested.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
One Pocket Ghost is from Chicago, but he's in NY this week. I'm shocked you didn't find a game at Chris's. I head there every time I get to Chicago and have always found One Pocket, in fact I would rate it one of the top One Pocket rooms in the country. Featuring top pro Marco Marquez and patriarch Freddy Bentivegna and a slew of other strong players, I found that even the 9-ball bangers would play some One Pocket :)

Maybe some of the action has spread to other rooms a little, but I can't believe it has deserted such a great One Pocket town completely!

How about Red Shoes -- have you tried there? That might be a little farther out of town depending on where you are in Chicago -- I've never been there, but have heard it is one of the top suburb rooms...

twister

Verified Member
From
Boston, MA
Thanks for the reply. Maybe I just had bad timing with Chris's; I will try there again. I've also heard about Red Shoes, but I've never been there. I know that Red Shoes used to hold one-pocket tournaments once in a while, but I'm not sure if they're still doing that. If anyone has any info to share on one-pocket tournaments in the Chicagoland area, it would be greatly appreciated.