One Pocket instructors Where are they?

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
I don’t think Lou was trying to be a jerk, what he said holds water. You get better/learn by playing, and usually by playing better players. If you play a fair game, where you’re getting weight, you might lose a little over the course of several hours. It is almost always less that what you’d pay an instructor for a fair hourly rate.

exactly. then the other guy inexplicably got offended (after getting the best advice there is) and popped off some wise ass thought....

😜

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
If I've offended any of you nits....just kiddin' I've been that route trying to get a fair gamble with a reasonable bet against these better players and had little luck with that. So that's why I want to find a strong player who knows how to teach the game so I can sneak up on all you eggs.
Can't wait to join the crowd at the next members tournament. I'll be bringing lots of cabbage.
BTW I'm not Tom Wirth. I've watch his videos and have his book and he's out of my league, but maybe I can hook up with him for lessons. Thanks for the tip.
see steve
thats the whole point
GTR wants help to take us off but wants to stay under cover
and doesnt want to do it the old fashion way like lou suggested (i dont think he was out of line with that post either)

GoldCrown

Verified Member
This thread went to What’s my Line? Will the real GTR please get the rack. Please stand up. Ok I confess ... I figured out who it is. Do not ask. Do not pm. However I’m fairly flexible and compromising for cash. I have PayPal if interested.

GoldCrown

Verified Member
Quote "i am not beatle"....and I am not Spatacus. And the check is in the mail. Hi Five!!

GoldCrown

Verified Member
I love it when people quote Classic Rap. Here's the music video, but don't watch if you're offended by nine ball players......... Thanks for posting. My new AudioEngine speakers just blew up.

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
You can play Johnny Ferber aka chicken man in Gainesville for some good laughs. They have an occasional one pocket tournament in Ocala.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Gettherack,

I hired Tom Wirth last year to give me some lessons. Even though I have a good understanding of the game, he still showed me some things that made the instruction worthwhile. He has a table at his home and you stay in his guest room and have four hour sessions each day. I strongly recommend Tom as an instructor for one pocket.

Gettherack

Now that’s good to know I’ve heard there are a lot of tournaments in central Florida thanks

1 HOLE NUT

Verified Member
From
Biloxi, Ms.
There are 1pocket instructors in every pool room.

You can usually get lessons for as cheap as $10-$20 a game. When I moved to St. Louis in the 90's and had never played the game I found that everyone in town was more than willing to teach me how to play 1pocket. It took me a couple of years to get through the undergraduate program before I was able to move on to the graduate program.

Lou Figueroa

yep, that is how I learned

1 HOLE NUT

Verified Member
From
Biloxi, Ms.
Man this thread was getting a little AZ Billiardish, all we need is a Barton comment, or 1000, haha, jk, sounds like everyone is ready for a get together I know I am.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
I'll chime in here with just one statement.

"However a player searches for an instructor, stick with that person, don't flop around from one to another!" "Don't think you're are going to find that, 'Magic bullet!" "That lies within each players own natural zenith!"