OnePocket.org Member's Tournament Lodging Information

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
As I stated in my earlier post...unlike the majority of poolrooms that are on the outskirts or suburbs of cities, and are often times located in strip malls, Chris's Billiards is located in a mid-city residential neighborhood...

Chris's is not on or near any franchise road type of location, where you would find chain restaurants, motels, etc...

That being the case, the closest motels/hotels to Chris's are a few miles away - and about two miles further away, is O'hare the major airport, and there are many other motels around there....I did some research, and the two closest motels (approx. 3 miles away) that seem to me to be the best choices, one budget, and one nicer (although I've never been to either one), are these two ----->

https://www.orbitz.com/Chicago-Hotels-Rodeway-Inn.h8245844.Hotel-Information

https://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hote...ldetail? cm_mmc=GoogleMaps-_-HI-_-USA-_-CHISK

The first one listed is a basic budget type motel - like a Super 8, etc. - and the location where it is, is residential and safe - price maybe about $75-$80, not sure.

The second one listed, obviously is a Holiday Inn, and is more upscale - price maybe about $90-$95, not sure.

For those wanting to research other motel options, the neighborhood that Chris's Billiards is located in is called Jefferson Park - this is approx. 6 miles from downtown Chicago - on a diagonal.

Lastly, there's one more interesting lodging option - for those who who would find it workable...and that is by using Airbnb - I'm assuming most all of you are familiar with Airbnb - if not ask......my friend/One Pocket student/onepocket.org member Blake, comes here once a year from South Carolina to get together with me, and he uses Airbnb - he stayed at a house last year that was only 4 blocks away from Chris's, for just $45 a night :eek: he walked through the city park and over to the poolroom everyday...:)...and for those who will plan to research Airbnb locations..the neighborhood that's next closest to Chris's Billiards (approx. 1-1/2 mls. away) is called Portage Park - Blake told me that there are several Airbnb lodgings available there.

Feel free to ask me anything else.

- Ghost

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Thanks for the info Ghost!

As far as Airbnb, I have never personally used it but know a lot of friends who have and they really enjoyed it and at a better price to boot. Its becoming more and more popular every day too..

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
I can say.....

I can say.....

.......the time I used it in Hawaii,it worked as advertised,excellent.Definately an option,cheers,B