Our friend and co member Jakie

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
I am saddened to inform the OP.org members that our friend Nick P. AKA Jakie has suffered a heart attack this past Saturday. He was operated on Monday and is currently in the hospital recovering. The good news is that he is expected to make a full recovery and it is anticipated that he will be released this Sunday.

Jakie is signed up to play in the OP.org tournament this June but it doesn't take much insight to realize he will not be contending this time around. Jakie is hopeful that someone will step up and take his place in the lineup.

He is profoundly disappointed that he can't be in Chicago to compete and mingle with all you straight shooting rascals. I think he had his sights on returning home to Naples with several C-notes from the pocket books of some of you. Nice escape guys. You know who you are!

In the next few days Nick will be checking in from time to time, so if you wish to share your thoughts with Nick this is a good place to do it.

Let's all wish Nick a quick and complete recovery. He is without any doubt one of the best we have at OP.org

Get well Nick!!!

Tom

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Damn, sounds like a close call!! Glad to hear that he is on the mend, but I know from others that I am close to that when something like that happens, your life changes -- and that often means lifestyle changes too, to reduce stress and improve certain health metrics.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Dammit!

I'll be thinking of you often, podnah.

We can't spare any of our migliore goombahs, so cut that shit out.

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
Nick,

I am very sorry to hear this news. I have only just met you at the tournament in Philadelphia where we played only four games together (wherein you thrashed me), but I so enjoyed your stories of road trips and road warriors of old.

You are a very nice man who has obviously experienced many adventures. I hope your recovery is fast and complete, and you get back to playing and enjoying all that life still has to offer you.

Good luck & get well.

Darrell

GoldCrown

Verified Member
Nick...easy does it and get back on your feet real soon. Two feet on the floor.

chicagomike

Verified Member
Sorry to hear it Nick...feel free to steer me into any of your dirty work and we'll split it in the back room. Heal up and get back to the good stuff! Hopefully you'll be able to at least check in via the stream.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Nick, my very best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery...I'm gonna miss hanging out and playing some with you at the tournament.

- Ghost

Bill

Verified Member
From
Washington DC
I am saddened to inform the OP.org members that our friend Nick P. AKA Jakie has suffered a heart attack this past Saturday. He was operated on Monday and is currently in the hospital recovering. The good news is that he is expected to make a full recovery and it is anticipated that he will be released this Sunday.

Jakie is signed up to play in the OP.org tournament this June but it doesn't take much insight to realize he will not be contending this time around. Jakie is hopeful that someone will step up and take his place in the lineup.

He is profoundly disappointed that he can't be in Chicago to compete and mingle with all you straight shooting rascals. I think he had his sights on returning home to Naples with several C-notes from the pocket books of some of you. Nice escape guys. You know who you are!

In the next few days Nick will be checking in from time to time, so if you wish to share your thoughts with Nick this is a good place to do it.

Let's all wish Nick a quick and complete recovery. He is without any doubt one of the best we have at OP.org

Get well Nick!!!

Tom

What a shocker! Guess we ain't getting any younger. Obviously this can happen to anyone of us older guys and be completely unexpected

So sorry to hear of your condition Nick. Hope they caught it sooner than later

I know first hand you're a warrior so take it easy, listen to the docs, and get well soon my friend. No heavy lifting over 19oz okay?

Certainly thinking of you sir. So good that Tommy sounded optimistic

See you soon ... BE WELL sir

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Terrible news. Well, except for the expected to make a full recovery part.

I'm glad I got to know you a little better so recently in Philly, where you were a pleasure to play, watch, and talk to. We'll have to do it all again next year.

Speedy recovery, buddy!

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Our friend and co member Jakie

Aww sh1t. Nick I am sorry to hear this news. Glad to hear you are in a better spot and can now focus on healing. Hanging with you was one of the things I was looking forward to most in Chicago but we'll just do it another time. I know you're a grinder so I'm sure you'll do the right things to get back in fighting shape. Be well Brother. Your friend, Mitch.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Get well Nick... Come October, I want a shot at that $60.00 you beat me out of at the last members tournament... See you in Houston... :)