Pick Em Spots in Chicago?

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
one hit and the pick.... it means that you play 87... you get the breaks and after you break you pick any ball and put it in your hole.

chicagomike

Verified Member
Lots of time the spot would be 1, hit, and the pick. The hit is the break. 1or more is the amount of balls your opponent gets to pick off the table and keep. The pick is simply the fact that he is picking/choosing the balls he wishes to keep for himself.
...try it...you might like it.

Great way of handicapping a game with a lesser opponent.

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
There are unlimited versions of this way of handicapping. You could pick any number of balls to put on the spot (instead of for you to keep). You could give up the break and get a ball(s) in return, or a ball(s) to spot in return.

Players in Maryland have never heard of any of this, and wouldn't try it with a gun to their head. :rolleyes:

chicagomike

Verified Member
There are unlimited versions of this way of handicapping. You could pick any number of balls to put on the spot (instead of for you to keep). You could give up the break and get a ball(s) in return, or a ball(s) to spot in return.

Players in Maryland have never heard of any of this, and wouldn't try it with a gun to their head. :rolleyes:
Another spot might be 3 and stop or 4 and stop where your opponent cannot run more than the agreed number of balls.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Another spot might be 3 and stop or 4 and stop where your opponent cannot run more than the agreed number of balls.

they play that here also. Or “two and safe”, where your number is limited but you do get another shot to play safe. “X and stop” being tougher.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
does that mean you have to run 4 or none of them count? Like if he ran 3 and missed he would have to spot those 3 he made after his miss?

That's pretty strong,especially 1 handed :)

mhilton777

Verified Member
From
Rosemount, MN
does that mean you have to run 4 or none of them count? Like if he ran 3 and missed he would have to spot those 3 he made after his miss?

That's pretty strong,especially 1 handed :)

That is exactly what that spot is. When I moved here from Chicago, nobody knew the hit and pick spots or no counts and that was all I ever grew up on! Here in MN it is just the ball count adjustments like 10-7, 12-8, etc.

johnnytronic

Verified Member
I've noticed that outside of Chicago me saying I need 1pik-n-tha-hit gets a strange response from the 1p hobbyist.
The pro's know these spots IME, Ocollo gave me 3 pik and the hit and went to 10--proceeded to drill me. However, I was in awe at his shooting ability, low on funds and nervous.
In simple terms 1pik-n-tha-hit is stronger than the breaks and a ball-can be dramatically stronger if the weaker player takes the aproach I suggest in my handicap rating and comparison system and or is able to pick a ball that increases his position.
http://www.onepocket.org/forum/inde...ket-handi-cap-rating-comparison-system.15648/

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
I've noticed that outside of Chicago me saying I need 1pik-n-tha-hit gets a strange response from the 1p hobbyist.
The pro's know these spots IME, Ocollo gave me 3 pik and the hit and went to 10--proceeded to drill me. However, I was in awe at his shooting ability, low on funds and nervous.
In simple terms 1pik-n-tha-hit is stronger than the breaks and a ball-can be dramatically stronger if the weaker player takes the aproach I suggest in my handicap rating and comparison system and or is able to pick a ball that increases his position.
http://www.onepocket.org/forum/inde...ket-handi-cap-rating-comparison-system.15648/

When I was growing up around Chicago and more recently when I lived there in the late 80's it was known as 1-hit-and the pick. Has the common term for it become 1-pick-and the hit?

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
all I know is that ghost is gonna give this 22% straight back lag banker.....9/7, hit n pick, and the "hand span" in June.....
😇

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
When I was growing up around Chicago and more recently when I lived there in the late 80's it was known as 1-hit-and the pick. Has the common term for it become 1-pick-and the hit?
Still called 1 hit and the pick

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I like your handicap spread sheet
nice job Johnny(y)