Pocket A whaddya say?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
wincardona said:
And if The Ghost still has supporters, don't forget about my proposal about bringing whatever you want to bet .....old clothes...gift cards....Banking With The Beard tapes....or Kroger coupons;) /QUOTE]

Freddy......I'm assuming that you didn't see this post of Billy's....he's putting your DVD'S in the same category of worth/value, as old clothes and Kroger coupons!...:eek:...:eek:...:mad:....you gonna let him get away with that insult?.....:D

- Ghosty

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Thnking about matching up

Thnking about matching up

One Pocket Ghost said:
wincardona said:
And if The Ghost still has supporters, don't forget about my proposal about bringing whatever you want to bet .....old clothes...gift cards....Banking With The Beard tapes....or Kroger coupons;) /QUOTE]

Freddy......I'm assuming that you didn't see this post of Billy's....he's putting your DVD'S in the same category of worth/value, as old clothes and Kroger coupons!...:eek:...:eek:...:mad:....you gonna let him get away with that insult?.....:D

- Ghosty

The worst insult I could heap on him would be tell him that I'm thinking about matching up with him. He is rapidly deteriorating to "Artie" speed.
Pretty soon he will start to pass with cue ball in hand.

Beard

SJDinPHX

Suspended
lll said:
whats a kroger coupon???:eek:

lll, Kroger's is a northern version of Walmart...only with groceries. Their coupon's hold NO value in the civilized world...:rolleyes: :cool: :eek:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
what a sucker

what a sucker

fred bentivegna said:
One Pocket Ghost said:
The worst insult I could heap on him would be tell him that I'm thinking about matching up with him. He is rapidly deteriorating to "Artie" speed.
Pretty soon he will start to pass with cue ball in hand.

Beard
Be nice Fred, if you look at my post you should of noticed that I preceded Banking With The Beard tapes with diamond rings.:D But The Ghost omitted that because he wanted to pick you up as one of his 2 supporters. I'm thinking Larry is the other one because he proclaimed him the winner. He's trying to recruit The Duck, but I think Dick is too smart to join up with him, unlike you. You just can't seem to be on the winning side, SJD is right about you. And then you betray Artie your life long friend. And that threat about you asking me to play, well you asked John H. to play too, but he accepted and you played the disappearing act, like you know who.But maybe The Ghost was right when he omitted diamond rings.:p

Your good friend, Billy I.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
wincardona said:
fred bentivegna said:
Be nice Fred, if you look at my post you should of noticed that I preceded Banking With The Beard tapes with diamond rings.:D But The Ghost omitted that because he wanted to pick you up as one of his 2 supporters. I'm thinking Larry is the other one because he proclaimed him the winner. He's trying to recruit The Duck, but I think Dick is too smart to join up with him, unlike you. You just can't seem to be on the winning side, SJD is right about you. And then you betray Artie your life long friend. And that threat about you asking me to play, well you asked John H. to play too, but he accepted and you played the disappearing act, like you know who.But maybe The Ghost was right when he omitted diamond rings.:p

CNN News Update.......

A very sad situation has been reported...A multiple suicide has been alledged to have occured, at the Red Shoe's Billiard Parlor, in Chicago, Ill. It has also been reported, that their hero, and idol,... may have taken the same Kool-Aid.

Among the notables, are one Fred Bentivegna, Bruce Perry, and Artie Bodendorfer... We shall mourn the loss of the greatest [sic] minds in the billiard world.

In their memory...please send all donations to "SJDinPHX" or "Wincardona"...We will see that your offerings are put to good use..:cool:

PS..Please Note;...Minimum donation...$40.00...Maximum donation...$30,000.00........Thank you vewy much..:D

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

Verified Member
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3APom3BCqJ3CXAR4DAMd3ETde2FWla4GBjO3HDfT4IAkw4JOsN4KVEX2LaWr4MSDL3NVNN3OLYb3PBjH3Qcxt4Rcxr4SenB@[/CUETABLE]

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3APom3BCqJ3CXAR4DSpn3ETde2FWla4GBjO3HDfT4IAkw4JOsN4KVEX2LaWr4MSDL3NVNN3OLYb3PBjH3Qcxt4Rcxr4SenB@[/CUETABLE]

Great thread.

1st table:
Here is the result of Billy's (and and other's shot) in the first table. I moved the 8 and 9 a tiny bit, because I figured the cue ball would rub them slightly. I also moved the 15 because the 3 ball caromed thin off of it, to land in front of the hole.

2nd table:
This was not by design, but after I put the balls the way I thought they would turn out, I noticed a counter move by Pocket B Player: Move the 4 in front of pocket B, and put the cue ball exactly where it is now. Now, both players are in the same trap.

What does the play now become? Both players take 2 fouls to extend the game, then leave a long shot and hope for the best?

SJDinPHX

Suspended
iusedtoberich said:
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3APom3BCqJ3CXAR4DAMd3ETde2FWla4GBjO3HDfT4IAkw4JOsN4KVEX2LaWr4MSDL3NVNN3OLYb3PBjH3Qcxt4Rcxr4SenB@[/CUETABLE]

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3APom3BCqJ3CXAR4DSpn3ETde2FWla4GBjO3HDfT4IAkw4JOsN4KVEX2LaWr4MSDL3NVNN3OLYb3PBjH3Qcxt4Rcxr4SenB@[/CUETABLE]

Great thread.

1st table:
Here is the result of Billy's (and and other's shot) in the first table. I moved the 8 and 9 a tiny bit, because I figured the cue ball would rub them slightly. I also moved the 15 because the 3 ball caromed thin off of it, to land in front of the ?.

2nd table:
This was not by design, but after I put the balls the way I thought they would turn out, I noticed a counter move by Pocket B Player: Move the 4 in front of pocket B, and put the cue ball exactly where it is now. Now, both players are in the same trap.

What does the play now become? Both players take 2 fouls to extend the game, then leave a long shot and hope for the best?

IUTBR,

It is considered sacrilage to move balls around to suit your intended purpose...Only the Beard and the Ghost, are allowed to do that..:rolleyes:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
iusedtoberich said:

Great thread.

1st table:
Here is the result of Billy's (and and other's shot) in the first table. I moved the 8 and 9 a tiny bit, because I figured the cue ball would rub them slightly. I also moved the 15 because the 3 ball caromed thin off of it, to land in front of the hole.

2nd table:

If player A and B takes an intentional, then player A can shoot off the spotted ball that player B spotted , putting player B back in trouble.:cool:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
PS..Please Note;...Minimum donation...$40.00...Maximum donation...$30,000.00........

I suppose that you can consider yourself a full-fledged member if you know why this comment is funny:rolleyes: . I must have spent too much time here in '09.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Cowboy Dennis said:
See how easily that rolls off of the tongue.

I only have one nerve left...and you're on it !!!!...I do not feel like sparring with a $4 an hour snowblower operator, So I'm going night, night.

PS..I do feel for you, having to work 7-12's a week, to scratch out your meager exsistence. :D :D :D

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
I only have one nerve left...and you're on it !!!!...I do not feel like sparring with a $4 an hour snowblower operator, So I'm going night, night.

PS..I do feel for you, having to work 7-12's a week, to scratch out your meager exsistence. :D :D :D

I'm off thursday thru sunday so watch out. I plan on boozing it up and betting it up (with Quad). I'm sure that at some point I'll post a tumor-growing shot for Skin to peruse and comment on and maybe you'll learn something from it as well:eek: .

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
Pain Meds Allow Me Greater Clarity

Pain Meds Allow Me Greater Clarity

Not To Cast Aspersions I Have To Note How Long This Thread Has Persisted.

Having Recently Acquired A Forearm Cast I Am Typing 1 Handed And So Just Leave The Caps On.... I Am Not Yelling. HMMMMM ... THE SOFTWARE SEMI-FIXES THIS ..... THANK YOU V-BULLETIN.

Equally Amazing Is That The Discussion Has Continued Far Past The 'answer' [post #14... played gently].

In Amongst The 'jump This' And 'partial Masse That' I Suspect That Only Physical Giants Indulge In This Sport.....only The 11, 5, Or 6 Balls May Be Shot At Directly Without Being Stretched Out Past The Point Of Controlability [for One With A Normal Frame].

And Frizz To The Inside Of The 11 may Not win ... But It Will Help IMMEASURABLY In That Cause.

Oh ... On Jumping .... Cannot Say I Care For It But It Is A Part Of The Sport And Must Be Dealt With. To Me If One Cannot Do It With A Playing Cue One Should Just Give Me All Your Money Now: No Point In Sharing It With The House For Table-time.

And For Those Who Wish For A 'no Jump-shot Rule', Take Up Snooker. And Heaven Forbid One Ever Elevates The Butt Of The Cue More Than Eight Degrees.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Tricked again!

Tricked again!

wincardona said:
fred bentivegna said:

Yeah, that fricken Ghost baited and tricked me. After the diamond rings, eh? Ok, you are forgiven.

Beard
Incidentally, as far as John H and me not playing, that was probably a case of the "double duck." He wasnt beating on my hotel room door.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
NH Steve said:
I like the idea, Calired, but you would really have to be sure you weren't going to bump open the balls between the cue and your opponent's pocket, because if one got loose, they would get a bunch (if your shot didn't fall).

Along the same lines, you could shoot the 3-ball directly in to the 15 and double kiss the three toward your pocket. But the problem with your shot and my shot is that if you happen to make the 3-ball, you are in a trap. If you don't make it, you and your opponent are both potentially trapped, depending on who wiggles out first -- or not. I like these type of shots a lot better:
#1 when I really am already in a trap, and this gives me a chance to get my opponent in one too

or #2 when I can play it as a two way shot, with position to run balls if it happens to fall, and I leave that same two-way trap situation if it doesn't fall.

However, in this case, the 11-ball being so close to the opponent's pocket, and the 7-4 kiss carom angle looking so close to being "on", but otherwise you being the player with the better overall position, then I think I would opt for the simple safety on the 11.

The double kiss shot[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3APom3BCqI3CGQJ4DAMd3ETde2FWla4GBjO3HDfT4IAMA4JOsN4KVEX2LaWr4MSDL3NVNN3ONEj3PEKr3Qcxt4Rcxr4SenB3WGQJ3WNER3WXAS3kEKr3kFJu3kCgy@[/CUETABLE]
Uh-oh -- Steve enters the "quoting yourself club" :D
But the above was post #9 in this nearly 100 post thread

Because this kind of shot (the 3-ball carom towards your pocket while burying the cue ball in the cluster) potentially traps both your opponent, and you, this might not be the right situation to employ it -- unless you can potentially make it and get another shot. The reason being, you already have a nice advantage in the lie of the balls -- the only ball (well, maybe the 7-ball carom, too) that is a threat for your opponent is the 11 -- which you have a clear path to kick behind. With regard to the kick on the 11, I am in the soft kick camp -- to leave the cue ball behind the 11. I would be very happy to nudge the cue ball just a wee bit further from the pocket along the foot rail, which would open up a bigger safety area for future cue ball positioning on that whole side of the table in the event of a kicking battle.

Getting in to the "double trap" situation by caroming the three ball does "force the issue" because either player A or B is very likely to come out of it with a few balls or more -- and soon. For a player (like Billy) that figures they have a big advantage in their moving skills in tight quarters, that would be another reason to go ahead and play it.

by the way -- did anyone ask if the 15 ball was frozen -- before the shot? :)

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
Did it REALLY take this long to figure out why the first shot shown is no good?

Is this onepocket.org or "AZbilli...." ???

iusedtoberich said:

Great thread.

1st table:

2nd table:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
post #91

post #91

newfosgatesucks said:
Did it REALLY take this long to figure out why the first shot shown is no good?

Is this onepocket.org or "AZbilli...." ???

I understand your thinking about the possible double trap, but I explained in post #91 how player A will keep his advantage, regardless of the result of the initial shot. (in terms of positioning the cue ball)

If player A takes an intentional he will spot a ball on the foot spot then if player B takes an intentional he will be forced to spot a ball in a position where player A can shoot legally and put player B back in the trap.:eek: