Question on Varner

lucky13

I've heard from several people that Nick Varner was in China at the time of the DCC, and from what I hear it was for a good cause.
My question is concerning his health. Last year at the DCC he became very ill and had to leave the tournament. I'm sure everyone has heard about that as well as the surgery that followed.
Although I'm aware that he's odviously back on his feet, what I haven't been able to find out is how his recovery is going in relation to pool.
Has he played in any tournaments lately?
If you've heard anything please post.
I'm also curious about Jeanette Lee. While she did make an appearance or two this year it was rumored that the WPBA refused to let her play in any of the events. Any truth to that and if so what were their reasons??
It could only help the womens tour. She would be playing with the best pool has to offer and at the same time generating new fans. Her personality makes her a favorite. She talks to everyone and the kids seem to love her. I just can't understand why the WPBA wouldn't want to increase their following.
I know theirs no one pocket chat in this post, but I figure if anybody can answer these questions it will be someone on this site!

Last edited:

underdog

Verified Member
Wpba

Wpba

I am not privvy to WPBA edicts, but their reasons probably have to do with control. They have done a good job keeping the women together with a good tour stops and reasonable prize funds. Men have had mixed records keeping their tours together for long periods.
Allowing their top players to play with the men seems to assist the men's tour more than the womens' tour. I enjoyed seeing her match up with short stops at night last year'a DCC. She is certainly an attraction.

t-dog

Verified Member
Varner

Varner

Nick was in chicago in October at the Midwest open. He beat shannon out of the one-pocket.

will8834

He was in indiana for the last weekend of the dcc. It was a arthritis foundation tournament he was doing challenge matches.