R.I.P Chuck

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Those of you who frequent AZbilliards may have heard, but Chuck Markulis
passed away, June 26,2008. Chuck was revered as both a great person and one of the best Pool room owners ever. The billiard community has just suffered a tremendous loss. When Sactown Tom recovers from the sudden loss of his boss and good friend, he said he will post pertinant funeral details. Chuck seemed to be recovering slowly, from traumatic injuries recieved 2 years ago. He died of a digestive tract infection. Chuck, (and his son Mike) owned Hard Time Billiards in Bellflower and then moved to open Hard Times in Sacremento several years ago. He was 70 years old. R.I.P Chuck.

Dick

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Dick Mc Morran said:
Those of you who frequent AZbilliards may have heard, but Chuck Markulis
passed away, June 26,2008. Chuck was revered as both a great person and one of the best Pool room owners ever. The billiard community has just suffered a tremendous loss. When Sactown Tom recovers from the sudden loss of his boss and good friend, he said he will post pertinant funeral details. Chuck seemed to be recovering slowly, from traumatic injuries recieved 2 years ago. He died of a digestive tract infection. Chuck, (and his son Mike) owned Hard Time Billiards in Bellflower and then moved to open Hard Times in Sacremento several years ago. He was 70 years old. R.I.P Chuck.

Dick

I got to be friends with Chuck at Hard Times in Bellflower when we had many all night games on Big Bertha, the 6 x 12 snooker table. Chuck loved the pool players and the action and was always a soft touch for any over the hill pool champion down on their luck. I was happy to be around him again at Hard Times in Sacramento when I moved up here a few years ago. We were all hoping he would be back soon. This is very sad news for our pool community up here and condolences to Chuck's family and many friends.