Remembering Freddie Lochamy from San Antonio.

TWO PICKS

Verified Member
Some of you older road players may remember my late partner of Doyles Billiards here in San Antonio, Texas. After Doyles closed in late seventies Freddie started playing at Bananas Billiards. He played a lot of top one pocket players with weight as high as they wanted to play. I watched him play Jack Cooney, Flyboy, Rodney Stevens, Frank Bananas Rodriguez, John Hauger Senior, Larry Woods, Craig Stevens , Sammie Jones just to name a few. Freddie The Bear as I named him after Eddie Taylor was a class act. He passed Oct 11, 2014 at the age of 76. He will be missed by all who knew and loved him. If you knew him please post stories.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Some of you older road players may remember my late partner of Doyles Billiards here in San Antonio, Texas. After Doyles closed in late seventies Freddie started playing at Bananas Billiards. He played a lot of top one pocket players with weight as high as they wanted to play. I watched him play Jack Cooney, Flyboy, Rodney Stevens, Frank Bananas Rodriguez, John Hauger Senior, Larry Woods, Craig Stevens , Sammie Jones just to name a few. Freddie The Bear as I named him after Eddie Taylor was a class act. He passed Oct 11, 2014 at the age of 76. He will be missed by all who knew and loved him. If you knew him please post stories.

Freddie was a class act for sure. Duffy just called and told me the sad news the other day.
Freddie and I were playing, drinking wine, and buying all the rail wanted.
About midnight we couldn't get waited on. we had tipped the girls so much they took off early and went where ever. No help left, we had to go to the bar to get more drinks.

We played a lot of high dollar pool for a few years. From $500 to $5000 a game. I'm pretty sure I was loser to it, but I loved it.
I played Freddie one ball one pocket from 2PM Till closing, around 3AM. The longest and hardest session I ever Played. I've played many 30,40 and one 70 hour session.
The one ball is so tough because it's your shot or your rack every other shot.
I happen to win that one, we started playing cheap and raised it as we went along. We finished at $500 a game.

I remember hearing about Dr. Billy playing Freddie in about 1980. I wasn't around, John Hager and I had gone somewhere to play pool. They played in John Hagers bar the "No Limit" I heard Billy gave him a big spot and won.

Jack Cooney came there many times and played Freddie. Many different scratches don't count props.
Rod.
P.S. It's been a hell of a trip. I believe Freddie was ready to go, he'd been in poor health for a while.