Ronnie and Danny D.

billinboston

After watching the videos of the 1988 challenge match, a couple of questions come to mind.

1. Was this a true challenge with 20k out of pocket, or just the finals of a one pocket event ?
2. Where was Ronnie at at this point in his life as far as his playing ability ?
3. what was up with that woman giving Danny a hard time telling him his luck was running out ? friend of Ronnie's or betting on Ronnie and had a few to many ?

After playing straight pool off and on for years, i'm certainly no one pocket genius to say the least, but I thought Danny played pretty good.
As far as Ronnie goes, I'm told mid seventies he demolished anyone for serious cash

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
billinboston said:
After watching the videos of the 1988 challenge match, a couple of questions come to mind.

1. Was this a true challenge with 20k out of pocket, or just the finals of a one pocket event ?
2. Where was Ronnie at at this point in his life as far as his playing ability ?
3. what was up with that woman giving Danny a hard time telling him his luck was running out ? friend of Ronnie's or betting on Ronnie and had a few to many ?

After playing straight pool off and on for years, i'm certainly no one pocket genius to say the least, but I thought Danny played pretty good.
As far as Ronnie goes, I'm told mid seventies he demolished anyone for serious cash
It was a $20G challenge match. Jay Helfert produced it -- right Jay?

Poolfan

Ronnie and Danny D.

1. The match was $20k winner take all. Each party put up $10k apiece.

2. In 1988, Ronnie would be 50 years old. I guess that means he was at
the end of his career. I believe he came out of retirement for this one
match.

3. With regard to the woman, I have no clue? As I wasn't there I cannot
give you a truthful reply.