Rooms that want to be in the final poll for the OnePocket.org tournament

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Okay, one last chance if any other rooms want to be included besides Chris's in Chicago and California Billiards? I would like to post the final poll in the next couple of days.

Just curious Mr. Booth...

Who will be allowed to vote in this poll? Are you polling only the members who will be participants, or can any member cast a vote? If only the players are allowed to cast a vote, are you requiring a posted entry fee as proof of their intention to play, or will their word be sufficient? I'm cool with it either way...

The reason I'm asking this is because I would like to attend, but not knowing when it's going to be held kinda makes it difficult to say for sure if I can make it...if I knew when, then if the date fit for me, I could in all good conscience, cast a vote for the room of my choice..

When are we going to have the 2nd Annual Onepocket.Org members only tournament?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Just curious Mr. Booth...

Who will be allowed to vote in this poll? Are you polling only the members who will be participants, or can any member cast a vote? If only the players are allowed to cast a vote, are you requiring a posted entry fee as proof of their intention to play, or will their word be sufficient? I'm cool with it either way...

The reason I'm asking this is because I would like to attend, but not knowing when it's going to be held kinda makes it difficult to say for sure if I can make it...if I knew when, then if the date fit for me, I could in all good conscience, cast a vote for the room of my choice..

When are we going to have the 2nd Annual Onepocket.Org members only tournament?

Yes, any member can vote. I don't think we can know if someone really is going to attend or not for sure...

As for when the tournament will be, it might depend on where it is, because CA Billiards has offered to host it adjacent to their $5000 added One Pocket tournament so we would get to sweat some if we want.

Most of us might have certain dates that would be a conflict for us, that might prevent us from attending, but my opinion about that is we pretty much have to just let the cards fall where they fall because it would be impossible to work around 32 different schedules.

And finally, we all sure hope you can attend to defend your title!!

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Rooms that want to be in the final poll for the OnePocket.org tournament

It doesn't look like I will be getting down to Drexeline in the next few days for pics/etc so don't wait on me. I'll get it in for next year's options.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I dont think anyone is waiting on me but just in case,I never did catch up with Michael. Plus I kind of stopped trying after someone brought up the number of tables among some other things. And Chicago won in the vote anyways over Michaels, so keep the ball rolling... :)

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Dates and Location

Dates and Location

Yes, any member can vote. I don't think we can know if someone really is going to attend or not for sure...

As for when the tournament will be, it might depend on where it is, because CA Billiards has offered to host it adjacent to their $5000 added One Pocket tournament so we would get to sweat some if we want.

Most of us might have certain dates that would be a conflict for us, that might prevent us from attending, but my opinion about that is we pretty much have to just let the cards fall where they fall because it would be impossible to work around 32 different schedules.

And finally, we all sure hope you can attend to defend your title!!

Soooooo ! Maybe May at California Billiards, especially if owner Chris could get us that $100 a night rate at the Hilton as Jerry mentioned. Non-smoking.

I forget, is Chris's non smoking ? Just my .02 cents. So much to do in Northern California area. :):rolleyes::rolleyes::confused::)

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
steve in the spirit of saving time, maybe when the vote for where the event will be held we should also vote for when it should be held. i don't think you need to know where before you decide when.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
N/S means North/South and Non Smoking :)

N/S means North/South and Non Smoking :)

Northern April thru Sept....Southern during the months of Oct thru March.

There's NO reason why gentlemen of our age, after decades of smoke filled, room, restaurants/bars and Planes....should expose our final years to more. We got enough crap going on to stay alive, don't want interference if I can definitely Avoid it. They should make all Grandpa Events Smoke free, where ever they play, to also help the image of pool....especially if the grandkids are watchin' or wanna come watch.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Soooooo ! Maybe May at California Billiards, especially if owner Chris could get us that $100 a night rate at the Hilton as Jerry mentioned. Non-smoking.

I forget, is Chris's non smoking ? Just my .02 cents. So much to do in Northern California area. :):rolleyes::rolleyes::confused::)

May is too early

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Northern April thru Sept....Southern during the months of Oct thru March.

There's NO reason why gentlemen of our age, after decades of smoke filled, room, restaurants/bars and Planes....should expose our final years to more. We got enough crap going on to stay alive, don't want interference if I can definitely Avoid it. They should make all Grandpa Events Smoke free, where ever they play, to also help the image of pool....especially if the grandkids are watchin' or wanna come watch.

... and non-alcohlic, and closed all day Sunday, and NO FRIED FOOD! right?

And just in case you know anyone over 6'3", lets ban them too. Five minutes of talking to one of those freaks and I'm up all night with a splitting neck-ache. :D

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
What has come of this? Do we have a proposed date and venue?

Still working on the details Nick. I think the next step is Steve posting a final poll between Chicago and California. Not sure if the dates will be included in that poll or decided separately.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
... and non-alcohlic, and closed all day Sunday, and NO FRIED FOOD! right?

And just in case you know anyone over 6'3", lets ban them too. Five minutes of talking to one of those freaks and I'm up all night with a splitting neck-ache. :D
John, you left out...Baptists only..:D

~Doc

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
While we are at it, if its Chicago we might want to schedule it in early June. The ADGA nationals are going to be in Madison, Wisc. then. I'm sure lots of us will want to go up there to see some world class teats :lol

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I believe in order to win,

The campaign speeches must begin...:)

The Windy City has great pizza and it's haunted by a Ghost...

But...

California's got the sunshine and I hear they'd love to host...

Chicago is historic and legends there abound,

California is sometimes shaky, not always solid ground...

Chicago "STYLE" is squeezy, choking out all easy shots,

Californians play it fast and loose and tie you up in knots..

This poll will be the answer to the question of the spot,

California or Chicago, it matters to me not...:)

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Let Chicago have the Super Seniors and Ca have the members only tournament. Or the other way around. Who ever has the Super Seniors should also get the Seniors tournament.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Let Chicago have the Super Seniors and Ca have the members only tournament. Or the other way around. Who ever has the Super Seniors should also get the Seniors tournament.

I think the super seniors is "no more" and I also think that's always hosted in Houston but icbw. I know that you (and some others) are really pulling for California and I don't blame you, I would be too if I lived out west (or was retired with plenty of money and free time) :)

Either way, I would guess if we don't do CA this year, it should be at the top of the list of candidates for 2018.

poolisboring

Verified Member
From
toledo
cali would be out for me, but chicago i would be in if it doesnt conflict with a big fishing trip to canada......

Attachments

• hawg1.jpg
    hawg1.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I think the super seniors is "no more" and I also think that's always hosted in Houston but icbw. I know that you (and some others) are really pulling for California and I don't blame you, I would be too if I lived out west (or was retired with plenty of money and free time) :)

Either way, I would guess if we don't do CA this year, it should be at the top of the list of candidates for 2018.

Bogies in Houston will be hosting one tournament a year, 65 and over in October. Super Seniors (70 & over) is cancelled. They may combine the added moneys instead of 2k added to each and would add 4K to the 65 and over.