San Antonio WWYD

kanzzo

Verified Member
You are leading 3:0, your pocket is marked with X and your opponent just put you in this spot...

fun wwyd.JPG

WWYD?

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I will take a scratch, ala doc, but not all the way to the center of the head rail. I will push just far enough to protect the 8 ball with the 12.

baby huey

Verified Member
Thin the nine or fifteen ball and come back up where you are. Should be able to miss the other object balls and whala!!!!

Reactions: lll

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I'm gonna shoot at the 8 cut shot and put whitey back on the head rail. This is a shot that's easy to control, and we all know how easy it is to undercut/miss that ball and leave the 8 near the pocket.

rich htx

Verified Member
From
Houston TX
i might shoot the 5 hard into the 2
move stuff my way and get to where he cant make one

i might take a foul and push the cb 2 inches out of the pocket

i might come off the inside of the 9 with spin and get up in that zone above his pocket where he cant do anything

depends on how well you know who your playing

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Looks like you are corner hooked?
That’s what I see too. If so, can you even see the 12 ball? If you are corner hooked I like rolling about a diamond. I don’t think I’d take a foul to leave my opponent hooked, because I’d have to come off first, and I see nothing to gain from that. I’d like to roll out to where he could take a foul if he wants, but it would be tough to leave me hooked, so I feel like my position has improved.

Even as things are, so many balls in my opponent’s side look tied up. That gives me options as long as I’m not corner-hooked 😁😁

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
You are leading 3:0, your pocket is marked with X and your opponent just put you in this spot...

View attachment 442726

WWYD?
Assuming you can see the 12 and the 8, I like Bill's plan to cut the 8 and leave the cue ball back on the head rail. I don't like the stop shot on the 12 because it is too hard to stick the cue ball perfectly...maybe you could pull that off consistently Chris, but I can't. I might even try to hang up the 8 rather than make it because the follow on shot after making it is tough.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
If the cue ball is touching that facing, then I'm going to cut the 12 into the 2 spotted balls and roll whitey over and back to the other long rail. It's possible that the 12 could carom off the head ball and pocket in my hole.
Might also get a carom off that 8 ball if the 12 hits the head ball thin.
I like the natural cue ball track coming off that 1st long rail cut of the 12.
Cue ball will hit just below the side and then back over and down towards the second diamond on the opposite long rail.

Last edited:

kanzzo

Verified Member
Intentional foul near headrail was how it got into this situation. Opponent took foul also pushing the CB in the jaws of the pocket. I think right side (from our view) of the 3 playable. Cornerhooked on everything, that is closer to the left side rail.

So both players are on 1 foul already...