Savannah Easton One Pocket WWYD

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I would need to be at the table but first glance I like either...

High karate in between 14 and 3. If the 3 isn't a double kiss, it gets them both out. 3 takes out 9 too..cb stays near foot rail.
That's the shot I like. Ya gotta get some of those balls outta there. Until you do, the opponent is just going to keep making it worse for you.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
High Karate Chop between the 14 - 3 and hold the cb there. Not sure it will work because the cb might get kicked out of there, If someone else picked this then excuse me, for I have not read the other posts.
Thanks for the wwyd!

I now see that Cincy Kid picked this shot. Great selection! Have you tried it on your table? My table is tied up being used as a parts table, lol !!!
Whitey
Mine has been repurposed into a fallout shelter

• Haha
Reactions: lll

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I tried the high karate about 5 times shooting to split the two balls. I got kisses every time because of the two balls being close together -- the cue ball almost immediately hits the 2nd ball of course, before the first one has a chance to clear. So in my 5 tries only once did the cue ball stick there and the other balls left for a good result. But always at least one ball cleared the area. But on net, I decided I did not like this shot, because 4 out of 5 times, they had a nice bunny either on that 9 or the 3 ball ( when the 3 got double kissed).

So I would go back to taking a foul by rolling toward, or even just above, that far right corner pocket, and let him shoot at the combination from there. By leaving the combination straight in, at least there will be a definite penalty in the event of a miss. When you roll to take the foul, you'd like to get as close to that corner pocket as you safely think you can -- but definitely not in it enough to pocket scratch!

unoperro

Verified Member
Can't see about the 3 and stripe but I believe bank the 9 towards the deuce and that thick of hit with some top whitey should hit the 3 clearing it out and whitey stays there.
I think about a 1/3 ball hit on the left side of the 3 accomplishes this nicely. Leftside of the 3 from Savanna's viewpoint.
I went back and found this video 2:03 is the time stamp. I believe she saw what I saw just poor execution. She hit that 9 way to thick.

She mimics Alex in her getting down and aiming shots dismissing that option and on to the next assessment. She probably won't get a chalk sponsor.😄

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
I went back and found this video 2:03 is the time stamp. I believe she saw what I saw just poor execution. She hit that 9 way to thick.

She mimics Alex in her getting down and aiming shots dismissing that option and on to the next assessment. She probably won't get a chalk sponsor.😄
Link?

1P Student

I tried the high karate about 5 times shooting to split the two balls. I got kisses every time because of the two balls being close together -- the cue ball almost immediately hits the 2nd ball of course, before the first one has a chance to clear. So in my 5 tries only once did the cue ball stick there and the other balls left for a good result. But always at least one ball cleared the area. But on net, I decided I did not like this shot, because 4 out of 5 times, they had a nice bunny either on that 9 or the 3 ball ( when the 3 got double kissed).

So I would go back to taking a foul by rolling toward, or even just above, that far right corner pocket, and let him shoot at the combination from there. By leaving the combination straight in, at least there will be a definite penalty in the event of a miss. When you roll to take the foul, you'd like to get as close to that corner pocket as you safely think you can -- but definitely not in it enough to pocket scratch!
It looks like the 14-3 combo would be in play from up table too. But as long as the CB stays lagged at that right pocket that should be okay.

I kinda like rolling onto the 3 at soft speed and very slightly toward the pocket. Shouldn't get a scratch because there will be a double kiss. Hit at the right speed the CB should lay right there or at least stay below the 9. And, now the dead 14-3 is broken up too.

treeMan

Verified Member
Or hit the 14 first/split hit with high right, overspin cue ball, allowing the cueball to overspin stick on the foot rail. I might move all the balls away, with jo/jo frozen.
I also like this high karate, hitting slightly to right of the 14 with a touch of left. Either makes the 3 or gets both out of there, and cue ball hugs the foot rail and the 2 keeps it from getting away.
(If that's what you mean IslandDrive - reading your post again, my shot is not a split hit, which is the problem with hitting the left side of the 14)

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I also like this high karate, hitting slightly to right of the 14 with a touch of left. Either makes the 3 or gets both out of there, and cue ball hugs the foot rail and the 2 keeps it from getting away.
(If that's what you mean IslandDrive - reading your post again, my shot is not a split hit, which is the problem with hitting the left side of the 14)
If the stripe is off the rail, and you hit it with high right first, with overspin still on cueball when it arrives at contact, the slight collision rebound, then hitting the 3 second, will/can/does depending on spacing, allows the cue ball to still have forward spin, helping it to ''stick'' to the foot rail because of overspin. The high karate phrasing in this situation sounds like a shot hit about 80% or so of a full swing.
Not being over the shot and seeing the spacing, it's a guess, but if there is spacing, hitting the stripe first, slows the cue ball forward speed when to then contact the second ball. It helps allot at this distance, if it was just one ball, can't do it from 9' away.

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
High Karate Chop between the 14 - 3 and hold the cb there. Not sure it will work because the cb might get kicked out of there, If someone else picked this then excuse me, for I have not read the other posts.
Thanks for the wwyd!

I now see that Cincy Kid picked this shot. Great selection! Have you tried it on your table? My table is tied up being used as a parts table, lol !!!
Whitey
TTtTruth, Whitey, this appealed to me when I first read his post..
I may try it if I can get to my buddy's table today.

"So in my 5 tries only once did the cue ball stick there and the other balls left for a good result." -NH Steve

Ooops.

Last edited:

HowardK

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
I watched this match at Griff's. Savannah looked good at the table. She had an even temperament and didn't get upset over anything. She'll be a force to be reckoned with in the future. Interestingly, everyone was pulling for Savannah in her matches.