Sylver Ochoa

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Been saying that...

Been saying that...

Weatherman said:
I would describe Sylver's game the same way I describe Buddy Hall's 1p game.
and before you have a mental miscue, I love how buddy plays all games and consider him a friend. Now...

I have said: "Buddy plays great not because of how much one pocket knowledge he has...but because he can DO what he knows."..............

I have been saying that for years. Whatever Buddy does playing 1pkt, he usually executes perfectly.

Beard

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
fred bentivegna said:
I have been saying that for years. Whatever Buddy does playing 1pkt, he usually executes perfectly.

Beard
Speaking of Buddy... Haven't heard much about him in the last year or two. I don't think he was at the DCC, which is his old stomping grounds. Has he retired, or does his ill health not permit him to play?

Doc

senor

Verified Member
Weatherman said:
I would describe Sylver's game the same way I describe Buddy Hall's 1p game.
and before you have a mental miscue, I love how buddy plays all games and consider him a friend. Now...

I have said: "Buddy plays great not because of how much one pocket knowledge he has...but because he can DO what he knows."

this is also how I feel about Sylver's game. He plays within himself. If he maintains his composure and ability to execute, AND continues to study the game... he will be at or near the top for a couple of decades.

know what else? He's a nice guy! Imagine that!

Very good analogy, but like you were getting at, it seems he may be turning a corner right about now. Since he has moved to Houston he has had the opportunity to play better players a few times a week instead of once or twice a month.

P00lh0li0

Verified Member
Didn't Sylver go on the road for over a year a few years back? I noticed he really started getting up there in tournament play after that road trip/trips.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
P00lh0li0 said:
Didn't Sylver go on the road for over a year a few years back? I noticed he really started getting up there in tournament play after that road trip/trips.
I don't know how extensive his road trip was, but he played a Pechauer 9ball event in Gulfport. I believe it was the one where Scotty Townsend rolled over Jesse Bowman in the finals. I played Ochoa in the 3rd or 4th round. Of course I lost, but I did get the distinct impression that Ochoa was an insufferable smartass. Since then I've heard from others that he's a fairly nice guy. He certainly is an up-and-coming force in one-pocket.

Doc

SJDinPHX

Suspended
gulfportdoc said:
I don't know how extensive his road trip was, but he played a Pechauer 9ball event in Gulfport. I believe it was the one where Scotty Townsend rolled over Jesse Bowman in the finals. I played Ochoa in the 3rd or 4th round. Of course I lost, but I did get the distinct impression that Ochoa was an insufferable smartass. Since then I've heard from others that he's a fairly nice guy. He certainly is an up-and-coming force in one-pocket.

Doc

I've caught a little of the "holier than thou" attitude in some of his commentary and interviews. It could just be the exuberence of youth though. I'll give him a pass for now, on his somewhat lacking social graces. Nothing wrong with a healthy ego.

Let's just hope he doesn't mature into an insufferable, overbearing braggert, as Lord knows we have ENOUGH (2) of those...:D :D ;)

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
demeanor

demeanor

When I played him I thought he was a nice polite, quiet, unassuming guy. It wasn't a tournament and we were gambling, but he did nothing out of line.
Rod.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
I've noticed that....

I've noticed that....

androd said:
When I played him I thought he was a nice polite, quiet, unassuming guy. It wasn't a tournament and we were gambling, but he did nothing out of line.
Rod.

....Nobody ever got out of line with me either...when they were beating my brains out. Heh,heh..:D (JK Rod)

senor

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
....Nobody ever got out of line with me either...when they were beating my brains out. Heh,heh..:D (JK Rod)

Being someone who is (and will remain I might add) healthily to the good side when playing Sylver, he has always been as Rod described...nice, polite, unassuming. And if he happens to say something a little arrogant every once in a while, I've found that he listens if you call him on it :) Been a while since I seen him though.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
SJDinPHX said:

Duck, I had to go out after I posted that and while gone I realized nobody is ever impolite to a sucker. :p :) :D
Rod.

Bigtruck

Verified Member
Fast Lenny said:
I would very much like to stream it for FREE because I doubt if I do not do it that it will be, we shall see what happens. I think it will be a good match and I hope it comes together. :)

This match would deserve a FULL production. One camera and a laptop are fine for weekly events, but not something this special.

Also....Sylver has called out Scott to play in a long race challenge match just after Valley Forge in Philadelphia. Scott agreed at first, but backed out shortly after.

Gabe Owen has stepped up to play Sylver. The details will be released soon.

Ray

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
Bigtruck said:
This match would deserve a FULL production. One camera and a laptop are fine for weekly events, but not something this special.

Also....Sylver has called out Scott to play in a long race challenge match just after Valley Forge in Philadelphia. Scott agreed at first, but backed out shortly after.

Gabe Owen has stepped up to play Sylver. The details will be released soon.

Ray
Full production?, I could get a 2nd camera and there would not be much difference other then some fancy graphic overlays from a tricaster. :rolleyes:

Bigtruck

Verified Member
Fast Lenny said:
Full production?, I could get a 2nd camera and there would not be much difference other then some fancy graphic overlays from a tricaster. :rolleyes:

OK..............................

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
Bigtruck said:
OK..............................
I have been personable to you even letting you come on my stream and try to sell shafts or whatever it was. I have dealt with your arrogant BS for long enough with your potshots. Your way of doing things behind the scenes has not gone unnoticed by me and I just chose to let it be. I am a very busy guy with no time for negative stuff like this right here which I should not even be typing but I have had enough of it.

I do what I do for the game because I love it and want to give something back and if I wanted to do what your doing I could but since I do it 100% FREE and staying mainly in AZ by choice I do not see the need to get a tricaster and another camera at this time but if I do stream something big I will make sure to have a 2nd camera.

I have no problem with what your trying to do, I work with all other streamers including TAR to promote their streams and the game. I know you want to do this match just like me and Scott talked about us doing this match, I even offered a proposal for them to play there and here in AZ as I am sure that whoever loses the first one will want a rematch.

For you this all might be competition in business but for me this is not a business, its my hobby and interest. If you want to make a special match with Scott and Sylver come off then you do your PPV with them and we will see what they make off it and then I will do it FREE and make sure the players are taken care of by DVD sales, gate and sponsorship money, everyone would be happy then. Remember Ray I did not start all these antics and BS, never did a damn thing to you but I wont take your shit. :cool:

Bigtruck

Verified Member
Fast Lenny said:
I have been personable to you even letting you come on my stream and try to sell shafts or whatever it was. I have dealt with your arrogant BS for long enough with your potshots. Your way of doing things behind the scenes has not gone unnoticed by me and I just chose to let it be. I am a very busy guy with no time for negative stuff like this right here which I should not even be typing but I have had enough of it.

I do what I do for the game because I love it and want to give something back and if I wanted to do what your doing I could but since I do it 100% FREE and staying mainly in AZ by choice I do not see the need to get a tricaster and another camera at this time but if I do stream something big I will make sure to have a 2nd camera.

I have no problem with what your trying to do, I work with all other streamers including TAR to promote their streams and the game. I know you want to do this match just like me and Scott talked about us doing this match, I even offered a proposal for them to play there and here in AZ as I am sure that whoever loses the first one will want a rematch.

For you this all might be competition in business but for me this is not a business, its my hobby and interest. If you want to make a special match with Scott and Sylver come off then you do your PPV with them and we will see what they make off it and then I will do it FREE and make sure the players are taken care of by DVD sales, gate and sponsorship money, everyone would be happy then. Remember Ray I did not start all these antics and BS, never did a damn thing to you but I wont take your shit. :cool:

Interesting response.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
big truck, fast lenny has been an up front poster and someone based on his posting i believe. your non response casts aspersions on yourself .since you deferred to deny the allegations.

Bigtruck

Verified Member
lll said:
big truck, fast lenny has been an up front poster and someone based on his posting i believe. your non response casts aspersions on yourself .since you deferred to deny the allegations.

Well. I see your point.

I didn't think it deserved addressing.

Lenny does a great job streaming the Kolby's event and I have been a supporter since it's inception. We may disagree about making money but we both love pool.

Obviously Lenny was offended by something and so was I. I really like the OTR show and I hope he does it for a long time.

Ray

Last edited:

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
Bigtruck said:
Well. I see your point.

I didn't think it deserved addressing.

Lenny does a great job streaming the Kolby's event and I have been a supporter since it's inception. We may disagree about making money but we both love pool.

Obviously Lenny was offended by something and so was I. I really like the OTR show and I hope he does it for a long time.

Ray
I have no problem with you making money or whatever, I have a problem with negativity and arrogance. I am a really laid back guy who tries to look out for those I feel are good people. You have came to my stream numerous times and have been negative, myself and viewers have noticed it along with the negative comments about Scott.

He is not ducking Sylver at all, he would love to play him, Scott is the best one pocket player right now and the man to beat. If you were to ask Efren who is the best he would say Scott, he already has to numerous people and Scott was blown away by that. I know your trying to make something big happen and get them in the box, sorry it did not work out and hopefully that will change so the fans can enjoy it but you are going about it wrong IMO.

I do this for the love of the game, if I happen to make a couple bucks then great but its not my livelihood. I know you and your partner have invested a good deal and hope it bares fruit but IMO there is no real money in streaming and certainly not enough to be cut throat about stuff. I see one too many times in the game of pool people working against one another and not together, big reason the game has suffered and is in the state its in sadly.

I am not stopping Scott from playing Sylver and you having control of it, I gave him the nod and said go for it, he makes his choices. I did say I would like to do it and we talked about you doing one and us doing the rematch because he wants to support me as I have him and also his home room. We spoke months back about him playing Efren, Sylver, Corey or Gabe, it will be awesome to watch any of these top one pocket players match up. You say Scott backed out of VF well I never heard of him going there before so maybe he is thinking of another venue to do it. Good luck with what your trying to do.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Just ask him

Just ask him

Fast Lenny said:
I have no problem with you making money or whatever, I have a problem with negativity and arrogance. I am a really laid back guy who tries to look out for those I feel are good people. You have came to my stream numerous times and have been negative, myself and viewers have noticed it along with the negative comments about Scott.

He is not ducking Sylver at all, he would love to play him, Scott is the best one pocket player right now and the man to beat. If you were to ask Efren who is the best he would say Scott, he already has to numerous people and Scott was blown away by that. I know your trying to make something big happen and get them in the box, sorry it did not work out and hopefully that will change so the fans can enjoy it but you are going about it wrong IMO.

I do this for the love of the game, if I happen to make a couple bucks then great but its not my livelihood. I know you and your partner have invested a good deal and hope it bares fruit but IMO there is no real money in streaming and certainly not enough to be cut throat about stuff. I see one too many times in the game of pool people working against one another and not together, big reason the game has suffered and is in the state its in sadly.

I am not stopping Scott from playing Sylver and you having control of it, I gave him the nod and said go for it, he makes his choices. I did say I would like to do it and we talked about you doing one and us doing the rematch because he wants to support me as I have him and also his home room. We spoke months back about him playing Efren, Sylver, Corey or Gabe, it will be awesome to watch any of these top one pocket players match up. You say Scott backed out of VF well I never heard of him going there before so maybe he is thinking of another venue to do it. Good luck with what your trying to do.

I would like you to ask Scott about what I told him, and about who I think he should duck.

Beard