Tactics For Take Outs?

Tennessee Joe6

Verified Member
From
Middle Tennessee
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AYvT4BYOj1PAAD4QdOw3RcYs@[/CUETABLE]

There are two examples on this WEI table.

1. How would you take out the 1 ball:
What english?
Where would the cue ball end up?
Where would the 1 ball end up?

2. How would you take out the 2 ball:
What english?
Where would the 2 ball end up?

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
Really hard to say unless you know the table , double or triple shimed makes alot of differance in your shot selection. But try to spin the balls out of the pockets. On number 1 you don't want to hit it hard as you may scratch all you need to do is move the ball from where it is to a place on the rail below the first diamond.---Smitty[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AYvT4BYOj1PAAD4QdOw3RcYs3UYvT3UbjF3Uakp1kAAD1kAIC3kWKo3kXQc@3AYvT4BYGj1PAAD4QdOw3RcYs3UYvT3UbjF3Uakp4VXxj4VYfi4VYGq4VdOU3VGSd1kAAD4kcpM4kaEW3kbon2kExa@[/CUETABLE]

jazznpool

Verified Member
From
Orange, CA
For ball 1 rail first, right draw, medium speed. Looking to hit more than half the ball but less than full ball. 1 Ball should end up on your side of the table, probably above the side.

With Ball 2 it is way more difficult to control outcome from that angle. I'd probably go rail first, left hand side English sort of a punch stroke. Trying to graze enough of the ball to have it rebound out 8-10 inches above the pocket and have the cueball die very shallow on the back rail.

Martin

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AYvT4BYOj1PAAD4QdOw3RcYs1kAAD4kcYI4kXQm@[/CUETABLE]

There are two examples on this WEI table.

1. How would you take out the 1 ball:
What english?
Where would the 1 ball end up?

2. How would you take out the 2 ball:
What english?
Where would the 2 ball end up?[/QUOTE]

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
great question... I"ve always wondered about these too, just never got around to really getting into it. I've seen many great takeout's that I would have never thought possible. After you see the 1st great one, it sets the bar even higher for the next one to impress you. But it certainly is a art and should be in every persons bag.

I think on the 1, I see people make this kind of shot or do very well at getting it over to their hole and leaving them downtable. I would like to know by the pros, exactly where their hitting the cueball too and what speed on this shot, because I sheepishly admit I dont' even practice the anymore. I'm just trying to get some kind of stroke to make straight in balls right now after a 10 plus year layoff:D

On the 2 ball, I've see those get bumped out too. On some of those deep in the jaws, I see it hit with speed too on some of them. Some of these guys really know what their doing in those situations and it would be great to hear from them and see more examples.

Like which ones can be taken out and how, and which ones are just a no-go.. dont' even mess with it.

Here is what I would try and do, just coming from my head. You got me going to practice these abit on Sunday, my day to get to hit balls.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AYvT4BYOj1PAAD4QdOw3RcYs3UYvT3UbbS4UJMc1kAAD3kSjp3kXAS3kblm2kQvf1uCEN@[/CUETABLE]

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Martin,

Your doing great at getting the hang of the WIE so quickly. To show the hit on the cueball, when your done doing your lines and all, just click on the Wrench looking icon on the rail over there by Pocket A. It's the one just to the left of the ?. That will make a whole bunch of icons show up on the rail, that you can use to do different things. The icon just to the right of the ? is the cueball, Click that and then click anywhere on the cueball to show where you would hit the ball. Wherever you click, it will be the chalk on it to show, if you mess up , just click somewhere else on it, it will follow with you.

Thanks!!

jazznpool said:
For ball 1 rail first, right draw, medium speed. Looking to hit more than half the ball but less than full ball. 1 Ball should end up on your side of the table, probably above the side.

With Ball 2 it is way more difficult to control outcome from that angle. I'd probably go rail first, left hand side English sort of a punch stroke. Trying to graze enough of the ball to have it rebound out 8-10 inches above the pocket and have the cueball die very shallow on the back rail.

Martin

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
CaliRed said:
great question... I"ve always wondered about these too, just never got around to really getting into it. I've seen many great takeout's that I would have never thought possible. After you see the 1st great one, it sets the bar even higher for the next one to impress you. But it certainly is a art and should be in every persons bag.

I think on the 1, I see people make this kind of shot or do very well at getting it over to their hole and leaving them downtable. I would like to know by the pros, exactly where their hitting the cueball too and what speed on this shot,

Greg, I'm certainly not a pro, but a good rule of thumb is to mirror the 1 ball
(see CB B) and try to drag the 1 ball part way across so as to not leave a bank. When you see this shot made the 1 ball catches the point and comes across. it can be played on some tables but it's dangerous.
Rod.
PS, I've never had much luck spinning into the 1 ball.
PPS, the 2 ball is another story altogether.
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AYvT4BYOj1PAAD4QdOw3RYwR3UYvT3UbjP4UBsj1kAAD3kWjq3kXhT2kQMu3uAxK@[/CUETABLE]

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
Androd bought up a good point. On the one ball I would not try to spin into it. Spinning into the one would make a scratch a real possiblity. I would shoot the one with just enough speed to come off the rail and hit the one. Now the 2 I'm going to spin.---Smitty

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Hard for me to judge exactly on these. For the 1-ball, it looks like it is out of the pocket enough to kick bank it sort of toward the side pocket on my own side -- that's a real good place for it, and the kick angle towards the side is rarely a scratch if you can kick it in that direction. That is, kicking too far under the 1-ball pretty much dooms you to a scratch; if you kick the one toward the side, to do that, you have to kick it just a tad into the rail, so there is no scratch.

For the 2-ball, I might try to kick firmly, one rail into the side of the 2-ball, hoping for a double kiss to remove the 2. Where they end up is a bit of a crap shoot when I do it.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AYvT4BYOj1PAAD4QdOw3RcYs3UYvT3UbCI4URHr1kAAD3kWKk3kWre3kVEM2uBOH@3AYvT4BYOj1PAAD4QdOw3RcYs4VYOj3VayU2VFGH1kAAD4kbiq4kadW4kbrK4kPgd4uBvL@[/CUETABLE]

Skin

Verified Member
NH Steve said:
Hard for me to judge exactly on these. For the 1-ball, it looks like it is out of the pocket enough to kick bank it sort of toward the side pocket on my own side -- that's a real good place for it, and the kick angle towards the side is rarely a scratch if you can kick it in that direction. That is, kicking too far under the 1-ball pretty much dooms you to a scratch; if you kick the one toward the side, to do that, you have to kick it just a tad into the rail, so there is no scratch.

For the 2-ball, I might try to kick firmly, one rail into the side of the 2-ball, hoping for a double kiss to remove the 2. Where they end up is a bit of a crap shoot when I do it.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AYvT4BYOj1PAAD4QdOw3RcYs3UYvT3UbCI4URHr1kAAD3kWKk3kWre3kVEM2uBOH@3AYvT4BYOj1PAAD4QdOw3RcYs4VYOj3VayU2VFGH1kAAD4kbiq4kadW4kbrK4kPgd4uBvL@[/CUETABLE]

Steve, there is a shot on a ball near to where the 2 ball is where you go in with draw and pull it and the cb out of there. It was shown to me once but I haven't spent any time practicing to figure it out. Do you know it and can you (or anybody else) describe it? I think the pocket has to be pretty tight.

Skin

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Skin said:
Steve, there is a shot on a ball near to where the 2 ball is where you go in with draw and pull it and the cb out of there. It was shown to me once but I haven't spent any time practicing to figure it out. Do you know it and can you (or anybody else) describe it? I think the pocket has to be pretty tight.

Skin

You hit the 2 ball as thin as possible with a firm stroke (no english) and the balls double kiss and come out.

Looks like a scratch and only works on a very tight table.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
jrhendy said:
You hit the 2 ball as thin as possible with a firm stroke (no english) and the balls double kiss and come out.

You can also hit rail first into the 2-ball, which will double kiss both balls away: ~Doc
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AYvT4BYWi1PAAD4QdOw3RcYs4VYWi4VXYo4VXYf4VXIp4VWjk4VVls4VOrQ1kAAD4kcpL4kada4kTPT2uBOH@3AYvT4BYOj1PAAD4QdOw3RcYs4VYOj3VayU2VFGH1kAAD4kbiq4kadW4kbrK4kPgd4uBvL@[/CUETABLE]

Skin

Verified Member
jrhendy said:

Thanks for the info, Mr. Henderson.

Skin

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Skin said:
Thanks for the info, Mr. Henderson.

Skin
i like rod if you are coming from the left side of the 1 ball running english made me more likely to scatcxh and i tended to use reverse english.same for if you can get to the 1 off the long rail i like reverse english to hold the q . running english only got me in trouble. curipous form opinions on how would you hit the 1 ball if you could get toit from the long rail.
as fot the 2 ball . i like skin somewhere learned ( or thought so) that draw trying to double kiss both balls was the way to play this even tho it was hard to predict where they would end up.
i want to ask when do you decide to A) make it for him or B make it and jump the q off the table???

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Please All The Living Members Of The Hof. This Shot What To Do With The Balls In The Jaws Or Close . If You Could Explain What You Think And How Do You Hit It Would Probaby Help 95 % On The Site. My Personal Thanks ,larry