"The Goose"

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
Just watching one of my old accu-stats tapes commentated my Benny Conway. Is he still living? Know any good stories about him?

CaptainHook

Verified Member
From
Flamingo,St.Pete FL.
He hung out at Bakers in Tampa with us, he always had some kind of action going on.

Here is a pic from the old days.

I have not been to Bakers in years, so I do not know if he is still around.
His son came through the Flamingo a while ago, but I was not around to talk to him.

JoeSantos

The last time I saw Goose was in Sun City Center, which uncharacteristically, is a retirement community in southern Hillsborough County. He was at a local grocery store. He said that he wasn't playing much and that Little Goose was starting to hit the ball pretty good. That was about three years ago.

Joe

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Jr.

Jr.

His son, Benny Conway, Jr., lives on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, and frequently plays at Skeeter's in Gulfport. He travels around the Southeast for action and tournaments.

Doc

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
gulfportdoc said:
His son, Benny Conway, Jr., lives on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, and frequently plays at Skeeter's in Gulfport. He travels around the Southeast for action and tournaments.

Doc
Doc, what do they call Jr. -- is it Little Goose? he's not so little, though!

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
NH Steve said:
Doc, what do they call Jr. -- is it Little Goose? he's not so little, though!
Yeah, technically it's "Little Goose", but most everyone just calls him Benny. Yesterday I asked him how his dad is. He's currently living in Pascagoula, Miss., but he's fixin' to move back to Missouri (I believe), where he's from. I think he's had some health problems, but Benny said he's doing okay.

Parenthetically, Benny knocked me out of the Pechauer event yesterday at Skeeter's in Gulfport. What a draw for my 3rd and 4th matches: Tommy Kenneday, then Benny.:( I guess I had it coming, since I was lucky enough to knock Benny out of a small local tournament last week, and went on to win it. I still think 9-ball using Texas Express type rules is an idiotic game. It was nice to see that --after the tournament broke for the evening-- all the action match-ups (3) were one-pocket!

Doc