The Lions and the Lambs

RileysDad

Verified Member
What a cool old book!

First half devoted to the "Lions" with biographical sketches of guys like Ronnie Allen, Don Willis, and other money winners

Second half devoted to Balsis and other "tourney winners" who were not viewed as "money winners" by author Fensch.

Even harder to find than Winning One pocket, but worth the search (at least for me).

Published in 1970 by Barnes, Written by Fensch (from Sports Illustrated) and has some players I have not heard of before and a lot of new stories about players I have heard of like Ronnie Allen -- boy does he look YOUNG in the photos, even a little innocent. LOL

Keep an eye peeled at old book stores, library sales and the like.

Cheers,

RD

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
RileysDad said:
What a cool old book!

First half devoted to the "Lions" with biographical sketches of guys like Ronnie Allen, Don Willis, and other money winners

Second half devoted to Balsis and other "tourney winners" who were not viewed as "money winners" by author Fensch.

Even harder to find than Winning One pocket, but worth the search (at least for me).

Published in 1970 by Barnes, Written by Fensch (from Sports Illustrated) and has some players I have not heard of before and a lot of new stories about players I have heard of like Ronnie Allen -- boy does he look YOUNG in the photos, even a little innocent. LOL

Keep an eye peeled at old book stores, library sales and the like.

Cheers,

RD
Another one of the 'lions' he featured was the late Sonny Springer, rest in peace.