The opposite of over thinking?

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
It's all about timing, timing is crucial to get the most out of your accuracy. Whenever your timing is off your accuracy is the first to go. In regard to shooting quickly the question is ..are you more accurate because you have less negative things to think about? I would say you would be more accurate because you have developed the rhythm to be confident with your decision making and then there are fewer negativities to be concerned with. However, not everyone can shoot quickly, especially those who have poor eyesight. IMO. another thing that is all-important is your ability to line up. As you walk to your next shot that's when you begin your lining up process. The quicker you play the more instinctive you are in the lining up process which is often with spontaneous people/players. However, everything stems from how well you are prepared, prepared players are what we call players that are "in stroke" Here's an interesting fact that I observed. Whenever I am in stroke I play much quicker because I am more confident with my instincts and decision making, which is basically what this discussion is about. Jimmy Reid wrote a book that was called "No time for negativity" Jimmy was a great player that played flawlessly often, but there were other things that hijacked his game and then he became human. Of course, everything that I mentioned is just my observations based on 60 years of observing. IMO.

Dr. Bill

baby huey

Verified Member
Rocket Rodney never saw a shot he wasted time on. Hawaiian Brian told me that's why he got that nickname. Brian also told me Rodney shot quickly because he didn't like contemplating shots and preferred to shoot out of trouble and quickly. Pace in One Pocket is important. Try to keep the same pace on every shot to develop consistency and accuracy. Sadly, I never could live up to what I preach.