The years go by and life gets shorter.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
What did you learn about onepocket in 2009? And what will you learn in 2010? And think about what you want to learn and do it. Dont waite for 2011.

oldspurguy

Verified Member
From
Beaumont, Texas
I watched the pros streamed at Galveston and learned alot listening to Jeremy Jones commentary. He was very accurate in calling the players moves. He studied under Jersey Red in Houston.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
my eyes were opened to shots and positions i didnt see before. my concepts on how to play were reinforced by the discussion on shot selection and why. in 2010 i hope to improve on execution and expand what is an "easy shot"

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
oldspurguy said:
I watched the pros streamed at Galveston and learned alot listening to Jeremy Jones commentary. He was very accurate in calling the players moves. He studied under Jersey Red in Houston.

osg, I agree....I thought double J did an excellent job analyzing in the booth.

- Ghost

Tramp Steamer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
What did you learn about onepocket in 2009? And what will you learn in 2010? And think about what you want to learn and do it. Dont waite for 2011.

I came back to One Pocket.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
My game of one pocket has moved up atleast 2 balls in 2009, I would give myself of a year ago 9-7 and love it. I learned things here but what most help me was my sparring partner who I would play perhaps just once a month for a little bit here and there and boy did I learn a ton of little things that make a big difference, its all about execution now. :)

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Fast Lenny said:
My game of one pocket has moved up atleast 2 balls in 2009, I would give myself of a year ago 9-7 and love it. I learned things here but what most help me was my sparring partner who I would play perhaps just once a month for a little bit here and there and boy did I learn a ton of little things that make a big difference, its all about execution now. :)
Thats great I love to her about succes and improvment. If you can improve your game every year. Soon you will be a champion. And you can only get thier through learning playing and practicing and ecicution. THats hreat and I love your positive attitude. Her is 3 things to do when playing and practicing. And if yiu start doing this your game will improve a lot. 1. Think before every shot. 2. Improve your position. 3. Improve on your mistakes. 4. Miss less shots. 5. Shoot better shots and better choices. so If you execuite better play better position and make less mistakes your game will improve. And one more thing if you can do these things better then your opponent you will win. BUt keep improving thier is nothing greater in life then self satisfaction. Excepte HEALTH being number one. I hope I get to meet you at the Dcc if not you have been a great help and asset on one pocket .org. And I have never herd you say anything negitive. You have a great and winning attitude. Good luck too whatever you do. You are a winner in life.

carscotty

I've improved alot, many thanks

I've improved alot, many thanks

I've only been playing one pocket for year and a half or so, in that time I booked some winners and some losers but I have improved dramactically! Booking 90% winner so far last couple of months and where guys that were giving me say 10-6 and beating me like a red headed step child, I'm returning the favor playing the same guys even! Its because of this site that has brought up shots that I wouldn't seen when they came up. And that I give ya'll THANKS! Of course I put alot of hours into it and play a lot of straight pool at my house which helps out alot. Again I say thanks to all that post shots on the WEI, I can't figure it out (THE WEI). And I will be posting more on this forum. I enjoy it so much!

u12armresl

Verified Member
Hey Lenny,

If you can stream you giving yourself 9-7 and change clothes in between shots so we know which Lenny is shooting, I could rustle up some action for ya.

Fast Lenny said:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
carscotty said:
I've only been playing one pocket for year and a half or so, in that time I booked some winners and some losers but I have improved dramactically! Booking 90% winner so far last couple of months and where guys that were giving me say 10-6 and beating me like a red headed step child, I'm returning the favor playing the same guys even! Its because of this site that has brought up shots that I wouldn't seen when they came up. And that I give ya'll THANKS! Of course I put alot of hours into it and play a lot of straight pool at my house which helps out alot. Again I say thanks to all that post shots on the WEI, I can't figure it out (THE WEI). And I will be posting more on this forum. I enjoy it so much!

Glad you're improving. Keep up the good work. As for the WEI Cowboy Dennis may be able to send you laymans instructions for free ( he helped me learn how)or SanJose Dick may send the same ones for $39.95 "Autographed of course". Feel free to PM me with any questions and I'll try to help.
Rod.
PS, Keep posting.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
androd said:
Glad you're improving. Keep up the good work. As for the WEI Cowboy Dennis may be able to send you laymans instructions for free ( he helped me learn how)or SanJose Dick may send the same ones for $39.95 "Autographed of course". Feel free to PM me with any questions and I'll try to help.
Rod.
PS, Keep posting.

Correction...Thats 3 easy payments of $39.95....sheeesh, I'm not giving my stuff away like you and Bar Rag Breath..:rolleyes:

ChicagoRJ

Verified Member
From
St. Charles, IL
Hey

Hey

Artie Bodendorfer said:

Hey Artie, I'm still learning. I just started playing one pocket again and recently played at Red Shoes. Got my ass kicked but learned a ton. My first match was 4 hours and it was a race to three. I was ducking and running because he never left me a freaking shot. Some stuff I had forgotten, and other stuff I just never knew. I was lucky to play Ike Runnells who knocked me out. Learned a lot in that one set.

Hopefully we can meet up while I'm there. I''ll take a few tips before playing in the 1P tourney. You staying at Horse Shoe or somewhere else. The wife and I are gonna be in Vegas end of February. Hope we can all go out for dinner while we are there !! see ya, Robert "RJ"

PS: Michele says Hello !!

Tramp Steamer

Verified Member
The years go by and life gets shorter, and shorter.
True enough, but life ain't the only thing that keeps getting shorter as the years go by.
It's my attention span. What did you think I meant?

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Thats great I love to her about succes and improvment. If you can improve your game every year. Soon you will be a champion. And you can only get thier through learning playing and practicing and ecicution. THats hreat and I love your positive attitude. Her is 3 things to do when playing and practicing. And if yiu start doing this your game will improve a lot. 1. Think before every shot. 2. Improve your position. 3. Improve on your mistakes. 4. Miss less shots. 5. Shoot better shots and better choices. so If you execuite better play better position and make less mistakes your game will improve. And one more thing if you can do these things better then your opponent you will win. BUt keep improving thier is nothing greater in life then self satisfaction. Excepte HEALTH being number one. I hope I get to meet you at the Dcc if not you have been a great help and asset on one pocket .org. And I have never herd you say anything negitive. You have a great and winning attitude. Good luck too whatever you do. You are a winner in life.
Thanks Artie, I hope I improve 2 balls in this game every year if not more but I know its a quick up in this game and then it levels off or progress is very small. I know this year I will work on my execution as much as possible, make the balls I am supposed to make and most of all be patient and concentrate.

Skin

Verified Member
Tramp Steamer said:
The years go by and life gets shorter, and shorter.
True enough, but life ain't the only thing that keeps getting shorter as the years go by.
It's my attention span. What did you think I meant?

Tramp, I've found that as the years go by, I think more about the here after. For example, I went into the kitchen this morning, had to stop and think, "What am I in here after?" :rolleyes:

Skin

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
The hereafter . . . hmmm, that reminds me of a line we used to use on the girls when we were parking the jalopy. "Hereafter, Sweetie, if you're not here after what I'm here after, you gonna be here after I'm gone."