Top Two One Pocket Players in the World

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
We have done this before naming the top so many players but things can change. Name the two best One Pocket players in the world today. Feel free to give any amount of reasoning or background information. Top two only. I have mine firmly in mind but won't post them just yet so as not to taint the input from others. When we get a few opinions, we can argue about it if you want to.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
I cannot pick only two. I would say top 4 in no order are Efren, Frost, Alex, and SVB. Imagine a game of flip up with these guys or partners one pocket? :D

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
OK, I'm gonna be another cheater. :D

Best two strategists: Hall and Joyner

Best two shot-makers/ball runners: SVB and Dueul

Best combination of the two: Reyes and Pagu.... er... Alex

But Frost ranks high in all three categories.

Who I'd bet on might depend on what I had for breakfast.

How the hell ya gonna pick two?

Petie, you're a sadist. :heh

Maxwell

Verified Member
We have done this before naming the top so many players but things can change. Name the two best One Pocket players in the world today. Feel free to give any amount of reasoning or background information. Top two only. I have mine firmly in mind but won't post them just yet so as not to taint the input from others. When we get a few opinions, we can argue about it if you want to.

How much are they playing for?

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I wish I could say Reyes, his age has slowed him down, but he is still a top player. Shane I think is the best tournament one pocket player, Alex for the dough.
Scott is the most imaginative but that hurts him too. Best banker, Shannon, or anyone from Kentucky.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
OK, I'm gonna be another cheater. :D

Best two strategists: Hall and Joyner

Best two shot-makers/ball runners: SVB and Dueul

Best combination of the two: Reyes and Pagu.... er... Alex

But Frost ranks high in all three categories.

Who I'd bet on might depend on what I had for breakfast.

How the hell ya gonna pick two?

Petie, you're a sadist. :heh

just so there is no assumptions
do you mean buddy or justin??

Henry

Verified Member

I Think Efren is still the best for really serious money because he always wins the big money. Scott is close but Efren is a genius one of those guys that comes along once in a generation he is a genius when it comes to pool and one pocket is the the perfect game for him.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
How much are they playing for?

This is a very astute question. Efren's tournament record is better than his gambling record by his own admission. I doubt if any of them would have to use their own money. You might also ask if they are playing a short race, a long race, or so many ahead. I don't know.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I Think Efren is still the best for really serious money because he always wins the big money. Scott is close but Efren is a genius one of those guys that comes along once in a generation he is a genius when it comes to pool and one pocket is the the perfect game for him.

I think Alex beats Scott hands down.

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
It is hard to muster an argument that Efren is not the best. While his shotmaking has fallen off a bit (to the point where he is mortal now), his cue ball is still the best in the business. And any game where cue ball position and speed matter, Reyes is going to excel. He routinely has a high command of many shots that other top players will not even attempt, which should tell you a lot. While his creativity and aggressive play sometimes backfire, he still is the total one pocket package. If you are going to beat him, you've got to take him off. He will not hand it to you, and he doesnt go out of stroke often.

The better question is: How old does he have to get to not win titles??? My god, considering the fact that he didn't come over here until "after his prime," and considering the fact that he didn't learn 1p until later Iife, and considering that he only plays it on American soil to take off the cash...you see where I'm going. The man is incredible.

On to Frost: Frost knows the game as well as any player. While he may sometimes be a bit too carnivorous, he has the ability to take anybody off, especially in an ahead set. When he is in top form, he is unstoppable. He runs balls as good as anyone and his banking is excellent. Finally, he excels at all the those little shots that make one pocket so tough. One more - his end game is flawless. His only weakness is really his strength - he devotes all his energies toward one pocket and not other games.

Alex: Alex gets it done the same way he does in all games on the green cloth - shotmaking. He is unequaled in pocketing, typically splitting the pocket on even the toughest, off-angle shots. His banking is deceptively top notch. Finally, his uncanny ability to deliver in pressure situations is legend. On the downside, he will take an occasional overly aggressive shot, especially when the other guy has his pocket populated with balls. But then again, everyone makes mistakes of some type, and I am really just nitpicking. He's an unbelievably talented cueist who can win in any discipline, and has gambling prowess to match.

SVB: Yeah, Shane might be winning, but he has a lot to learn about 1p. However, if he devotes as much time to learning how to move as he did perfecting his cue delivery, he may reach the upper echelons. Problem is, when you shoot as good as he does, you kind of don't HAVE to learn how to play it right - why spend 3 hours moving when you can turn any match into a 30 minute shootout?

Last edited: