Upcoming: Frost vs Orcullo for 150k in the middle

bobt64

Verified Member
From
Green Valley, AZ
There's a post on AZB saying they are going to try to make this a free stream, maybe Lenny will post something here. In any case I'm looking forward to it. Might be a bit early but I wonder wwho might be commentating?

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I am pretty sure they meant leader at 10 the first day, the leader at 20 the second day, the leader at 30 the 3rd day, the winner at 40 the 4th day (that is the way long races are usually done).

This is the only way it makes sense. However, it still leaves open the possibility for very long days if one person gets way ahead and the other comes way back. It works for 9 ball but wouldn't work very well for 1 pocket if one player gets way ahead and the other makes a huge comeback the last day. (it may require a 5th day)

So if the first day went 10/2. The second day could only end if player "B" won 18 games or player "A" won 10 games??? Wow!!! That could lead to a very long day, possibly 27 games of one pocket....:). At Jerry Matchin's pace, that would be sometime in day 6!!! :). :sorry buddy, just couldn't resist...:D

Probably true about the way they are playing it Wayne, hope to see you at the seniors in October...

Last edited:

Wayne

Verified Member
So if the first day went 10/2. The second day could only end if player "B" won 18 games or player "A" won 10 games??? Wow!!! That could lead to a very long day, possibly 27 games of one pocket....:). At Jerry Matchin's pace, that would be sometime in day 6!!! :). :sorry buddy, just couldn't resist...:D

Probably true about the way they are playing it Wayne, hope to see you at the seniors in October...

Yes, I don't think that have fully thought it out yet. There is the potential of 79 games (40-39). They should play 19 games a day to prevent any overload later. If after 3 days and 57 games if someone totally dominates and reaches 40 so be it. However, if the score is closer the last day would have a maximum of 22 games.

The way they have it now if someone was ahead 30-12 (for e.g.) and the other player made a great comeback they may need to play 37 games to complete, which would require an extra day.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I think it would be a mistake to play 19 a day. I think they are trying to spread it out so a guy can't have a bad first or second day and get blown out. If a guy was off he could loose 17-2 the first day and be basically out of it after 1 day.