Where's Artie? And where's Gulfport Doc?

Skin

Verified Member
petie said:
8 hours of practice explains quite a lot. The measle is heavier and very slightly larger, I believe. If you don't think about it too much, it won't matter too much. I like a light cueball as in Brunswick Century ball sets but you don't see them too often anymore.

petie, at the best action place here they use the measle cue ball and Aramith balls. The Aramiths aren't so bad but I cannot figure the measle ball out. It does not react off the ob like I am used to, leading to scratches and missed position. Plus, banking with it puts funky spin I don't expect on the ob coming off the rail sometimes.

So, I started bringing my blue circle (Brunswick) cb. My game went up a ball or more using it v. the measle. The other guys don't like it much but I will not play with a measle ball...EVER again. ;)

Skin

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Skin said:
petie, at the best action place here they use the measle cue ball and Aramith balls. The Aramiths aren't so bad but I cannot figure the measle ball out. It does not react off the ob like I am used to, leading to scratches and missed position. Plus, banking with it puts funky spin I don't expect on the ob coming off the rail sometimes.

So, I started bringing my blue circle (Brunswick) cb. My game went up a ball or more using it v. the measle. The other guys don't like it much but I will not play with a measle ball...EVER again. ;)

Skin

My sentiments exactly Skin...The blue circle is the best cue ball out there...Combine it with Centennial balls, and it is night and day better than the measle ball, with pro Aramith. Much more reliable, and easier to control...JMHO...Thats what I have on my home table.....:cool:

PS..That could be why RA always carries a set with him, (Cent. & Bl. cir.) and I have always agreed to play with them, whenever we match up.. (not that I always liked it)..;)

Last edited:

bstroud

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
My sentiments exactly Skin...The blue circle is the best cue ball out there...Combine it with Centennial balls, and it is night and day better than the measle ball, with pro Aramith. Much more reliable, and easier to control...JMHO...Thats what I have on my home table.....:cool:

PS..That could be why RA always carries a set with him, (Cent. & Bl. cir.) and I have always agreed to play with them, whenever we match up.. (not that I always liked it)..;)

I also like the Centennial and the blue circle better but there is a whole new generation of players the won't play with it.

So, I am learning to play with the new equipment like the Diamond tables, Aramith balls and the measles cue ball. Time moves on and so must we.

Bill Stroud

Skin

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:

Oh, many times I have thought to bring my Centennial balls with me, too, Dick. The table at that pool hall is a GCIII with Brunswick tournament cloth. otherwise I'd threaten to tote my Anniversary down there also! :cool:

Skin < bleeds Brunswick when cut