Who is the Best Now?

Deeman

Verified Member
I was wondering who would make the top ten list of current one pocket players today. I tried to make a top five list but got stuck after a couple that seem obvious to me but may not be right. My heart wants to include a couple of older guys but I'm not sure who is out there playing now that I may not be aware of.

My top two would be:

1. Efren Reyes
2. Cliff Joyner

Beyond that, I was thinking that I have seen Tony Chohan play way up there but he is so wild I don't see him consistent enough to be in the top three or four, just a little too aggressive, perhaps.

Anyone, in your minds, that challenge these top two or come in just behind them? Are there guys out there below the radar that i am not considering?

DeeMan

Cal

Verified Member
From
Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
Who is the Best Now?

I think this has to be broken down into 2 catagories # 1 TOURNAMENT # 2 Gambling My picks for Tournament would be # 1. Efren #2.Cliff #3. Shannon #4 Parica #5.Gabe GAMBLING #1. Efren #2 Cliff #3.Ike #4. Walden #5. Tony C.

Deeman

Verified Member
Cal,

You make a good point and your ranking makes good sense to me. It is sort of telling that both Efren and Cliff make the top of both lists. I guess that makes a pretty strong argument that thye are the best.

Thanks,

DeeMan

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Deeman said:
I was wondering who would make the top ten list of current one pocket players today. I tried to make a top five list but got stuck after a couple that seem obvious to me but may not be right. My heart wants to include a couple of older guys but I'm not sure who is out there playing now that I may not be aware of.

My top two would be:

1. Efren Reyes
2. Cliff Joyner

Beyond that, I was thinking that I have seen Tony Chohan play way up there but he is so wild I don't see him consistent enough to be in the top three or four, just a little too aggressive, perhaps.

Anyone, in your minds, that challenge these top two or come in just behind them? Are there guys out there below the radar that i am not considering?

DeeMan

I agree, as most everybody does, with your #'s 1 and 2............As far as anybody being under the radar, everybody is known, there's nobody under the radar, except kinda-maybe those europeans - guys like Feijen, Appleton, Mika, are sneaking up on us..........After Cliff, you've got a handful of guys that are pretty close to being even with each other - they can all beat each other on any given day..........Along with the guys that Cal already mentioned, the others are: Scott Frost, Larry Nevel, Alex the Lion, T-Rex, Bustamente, and maybe Corey..........Some people think Frost is even with Cliff nowadays, but I don't agree, I still think Cliff is the man, after Efren........And DeeMan, I agree with you about T-Rex playing wild and careless too often, but I still have to put him on the list.

Deeman

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
I agree, as most everybody does, with your #'s 1 and 2............As far as anybody being under the radar, everybody is known, there's nobody under the radar, except kinda-maybe those europeans - guys like Feijen, Appleton, Mika, are sneaking up on us..........After Cliff, you've got a handful of guys that are pretty close to being even with each other - they can all beat each other on any given day..........Along with the guys that Cal already mentioned, the others are: Scott Frost, Larry Nevel, Alex the Lion, T-Rex, Bustamente, and maybe Corey..........Some people think Frost is even with Cliff nowadays, but I don't agree, I still think Cliff is the man, after Efren........And DeeMan, I agree with you about T-Rex playing wild and careless too often, but I still have to put him on the list.

Ghost,

I got so nervous watching T-Tex at Derby City I thought I would die and didn't even have a bet down! :)

The man will shoot at anything from anywhere! However, when he's makin' 'em, no one is more intimidating.

I'm glad you added Scott Frost, I have over looked him. I have just never happened to see him play one p[ocket but I have heard he is awesome. Thanks,

DeeMan

Deeman

Verified Member
philwelch said:
I hear that One Pocket Ghost plays a mean game of 1hole.

Phil,

I have heard the same about Ghost. I have also been told there are several others here who are traps waiting for us little fishies to swim by. I probably need one of those 15-1 matchups but probably wouldn't have to like it! :)

"If the Kid wouldn't have pulled up a wooden box to stand on, I'd of taken him!" :)

DeeMan

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
misc dig

misc dig

Ghost ? I Hear Tell He Used To Be Three Ball Player Of No Mean Skill But Gave It Up For The Circus...... BUT HE CAN STILL BEAT THE ODD IDIOT ......LOL ....

Last edited: