Who was Artie "Blue Shirt" from Chicago?

Skin

Verified Member
Now Dennis has me going on the Robins books.

There is a story in Winning One-pocket (p. 79) told by Weenie Beanie about playing a guy from Chicago named Artie "Blue Shirt", a very slow player who WB flashed his bankroll at and told him he had no chance of winning it unless he sped up. Artie "Blue Shirt" agreed to a 25 second shot clock and took a bus home, broke, when it was all over.

Anybody know who Artie "Blue Shirt" was?

Skin

PS" Artie "Psychedelic Shirt" Boderdorfer's photo appears on p. 88 along with Freddy "Candy Stripes Shirt" the Beard in the background. Both from Chicago, also. (Man, am I ever dead for writing this)

Last edited:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Artie ( blue shirt )

Artie ( blue shirt )

Skin said:

There is a story in Winning One-pocket (p. 79) told by Weenie Beanie about playing a guy from Chicago named Artie "Blue Shirt", a very slow player who WB flashed his bankroll at and told him he had no chance of winning it unless he sped up. Artie "Blue Shirt" agreed to a 25 second shot clock and took a bus home, broke, when it was all over.

Skin

I don't know who he was, but the shirt was origanally white, pool chalk got the best of it. I thought I could beat him but never did. We got arrested once, when the cops searched him, in his suit coat pocket he had part of a big salami and an apple. He carried his cue in rolled up brown paper with a rubber band around it. In Johnson city he put the stakes in the paper,and under the table. He didn't trust anyone to hold them. Someone had him called to the phone and stole the stakes. It wasn't to bad as he won the match. I heard this story from several people.
Rod < ----- still thinks he could beat the guy.
PS; I used to see him around with a guy called "arguing Paul" who I think was from Chicago.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Skin said:

Skin

PS" Artie "Psychedelic Shirt" Boderdorfer's photo appears on p. 88 along with Freddy "Candy Stripes Shirt" the Beard in the background. Both from Chicago, also. (Man, am I ever dead for writing this)
The shirts I wore back then was a Nick Nack Shirt it was a very popular shirt. Blue shirt was a Black pool hustler from all over the country and he spent time in Detroite too. he also was on the heavey side. When I was realy playing good up At North Shore Nobody in the world could have won 6 games ahead Ronnie Efrie nobody Not even anybody from the next hundred years in the future. The just didnt know enough to win. And the made too many mistakes. And If you dont belive me just watch the tapes when the played. Thier are very view games the play mistake free. And if you eliminate the games the ran 8 and out on. The might not have played 1 game out of ten without makeing a mistake. And when I played blue shirt everybody went into a COMA . I spotted The great Blue shirt @ hit and the pick. And nobody thought that I could win. And Blue shirt was a decent player and he knew one pocket. BUt he had know chance. His bad luck that I realy felt like playing that day. And I reamember like it was today. And half of the south side watched the game. And I didnt care how long he took to shoot. Paul Jones said he couldnt belive that I could spot him 2 hit and the pick. He said BUgs had no chance playing him that way. I said yah but I play a different style. And Nobody realy doesnt know what I did to win but me. But Blue Shirt was a good Hustler. And he was hard to beat.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
The shirts I wore back then was a Nick Nack Shirt it was a very popular shirt. Blue shirt was a Black pool hustler from all over the country and he spent time in Detroite too. he also was on the heavey side. When I was realy playing good up At North Shore Nobody in the world could have won 6 games ahead Ronnie Efrie nobody Not even anybody from the next hundred years in the future. The just didnt know enough to win. And the made too many mistakes. And If you dont belive me just watch the tapes when the played. Thier are very view games the play mistake free. And if you eliminate the games the ran 8 and out on. The might not have played 1 game out of ten without makeing a mistake. And when I played blue shirt everybody went into a COMA . I spotted The great Blue shirt @ hit and the pick. And nobody thought that I could win. And Blue shirt was a decent player and he knew one pocket. BUt he had know chance. His bad luck that I realy felt like playing that day. And I reamember like it was today. And half of the south side watched the game. And I didnt care how long he took to shoot. Paul Jones said he couldnt belive that I could spot him 2 hit and the pick. He said BUgs had no chance playing him that way. I said yah but I play a different style. And Nobody realy doesnt know what I did to win but me. But Blue Shirt was a good Hustler. And he was hard to beat.
I never seen that picture do you want to buy me the book?

Skin

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I never seen that picture do you want to buy me the book?

Artie, here is the picture in very low quality.

Skin

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Skin said:
Artie, here is the picture in very low quality.

Skin
Yes thats me I yous to love those shirts Thats Gorge Felles I was playing. I would say that was down at Bensingers. Thanks A Lot for letting me know.I wis I could return to those days. Those shirts were realy cool.

Skin

Verified Member
Artie, if that is not Freddy in the background in the candy striped shirt then I know I am writing my will tomorrow. :)

Skin

Last edited:

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Skin said:
Artie, if that is not Freddy in the background in the candy striped shirt then I know I am writing my will tomorrow. :)

Skin
That Is Gorge Fells in the back Ground Its A million to one. That Was Down at Bensingers. Freddy Does not look like Gorge. And Gorge does not look like Freddy . And The have completly different manarisums.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
That Is Gorge Fells in the back Ground Its A million to one. That Was Down at Bensingers. Freddy Does not look like Gorge. And Gorge does not look like Freddy . And The have completly different manarisums.
And dont forget to put my name on the will.

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
mistake

mistake

Artie Bodendorfer said:

Well Artie, you sold out. The shirts were "Nick Nick" not "Nick Nack". I used to own a bunch of them. Cool Shirts!

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
blackeee said:
Well Artie, you sold out. The shirts were "Nick Nick" not "Nick Nack". I used to own a bunch of them. Cool Shirts!
I dont know what you called them your probaby wright. Thats what I called them for 40 years. And know that you brought them up it doesnt make any sense calling them nick nack. That probable means something all together different.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Uuh, not quite

Uuh, not quite

blackeee said:

Sorry blackee, "close, but no cigar"...now that you 'corrected' Artie, I have to correct you....the shirts were called/label was spelled Nik Nik...

I would know, because not only did I have some myself, but my brother owned a mod/hippie/disco clothing store back in the day, and those shirts were a top seller.

- Ghost

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Nik-Nik shirts: poised for a nineties revival.(Harold Schulman and Bob Dichter form Nik-Nik Industries Inc.)(Brief Article)
Article from:WWD Article date:May 15, 1996 Author: More results for: pubdate:[19960512;19960518] | Copyright informationCOPYRIGHT 1996 Fairchild Publications, Inc. This material is published under license from the publisher through the Gale Group, Farmington Hills, Michigan. All inquiries regarding rights should be directed to the Gale Group. (Hide copyright information)

NEW YORK - Nik-Nik shirts, printed nylon and polyester designs that were highly popular with men and women during the Seventies, are back

Harold Schulman, one of the original partners in Nik-nik, and Bob Dichter have formed a new company, Nik-nik Industries Inc., to import and market Nik-nik label sport shirts. The original Nik-nik was closed in 1977, but Schulman retained the rights to the name.

The line will be housed in the contemporary areas of department stores starting in late July. Bloomingdale's, Burdine's and Nordstrom are among the stores that have bought it.

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
nik nik

nik nik

One Pocket Ghost said:
Sorry blackee, "close, but no cigar"...now that you 'corrected' Artie, I have to correct you....the shirts were called/label was spelled Nik Nik...

I would know, because not only did I have some myself, but my brother owned a mod/hippie/disco clothing store back in the day, and those shirts were a top seller.

- Ghost
I realized that after my post so I knew I would get corrected by somebody. Nice move.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
blackeee said:
I realized that after my post so I knew I would get corrected by somebody. Nice move.
I know this is the best site because everyone knowes Einstien. And everyone has past him up with thier computor skills.But its good that people are correcting something that is not correct. And takeing the time and effort to reply on it. Paranas dont have a chance on this site. The sharks on this site will eat the paranas.