you need 5, your turn

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
you have pocket B. its 6-3 you need 5. whats your shot? ( biily does this look famiiliar?)

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4ARMR4BNTq3CSDX4DVNW3EKDU4FWsX4GAnN3HUgU3IMXU3JPaU3KXgp4LTaX4MRPc4NNsK3OWkX4PVgd3QcYx4RdWt@[/CUETABLE]

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
lll said:
you have pocket B. its 6-3 you need 5. whats your shot? ( biily does this look famiiliar?)

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4ARMR4BNTq3CSDX4DVNW3EKDU4FWsX4GAnN3HUgU3IMXU3JPaU3KXgp4LTaX4MRPc4NNsK3OWkX4PVgd3QcYx4RdWt@[/CUETABLE]
I would bank the 11 ball off the 7 or the one ball and you can run 5 and out. And I would keep the cue ball by the second dimond incase nothing goes and the ball hangs up or gets close to the pocket. The shooter is in good shape.

Fanatic

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
....or you carom the 14 in off of the 2.

I agree with this if you make it then your out---plus it gives a good opportunity to knock the 11 ball away from your opponents hole in case of a miss.
XOXO

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
ill leave this up for awhile ( well see if billy remembers and /or gets to see the thread before i post) and post the shot that was made . it was not me who made the shot.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
lll,

This is a no brainer. I am playing (and almost surely making) the 2 off the 14,
kicking the 11 out, and running out.

I would not get up out of the electric chair...to shoot ANY other shot..:eek:

Dick <--- Hates to agree with Ghost and Fanny, but they accidently pick the right shot once in a great while. :cool:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
I am playing (and almost surely making) the 2 off the 14,

Dick <--- Hates to agree with Ghost and Fanny, but they accidently pick the right shot once in a great while. :cool:

They did. You didn't. Nyuk, nyuk,nyuk.

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
out

out

lll said:

14 carom off the 1 (not the 2 ball) and two rail the cb into the 11 removing any chance of a scratch. 7 and 2 lie exposed and 1 should be not too far above the 2 ball. The 14 actually cuts but the 7 makes the move dicey.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I like both shots

I like both shots

I like Arties shot because it gives you a better chance of running out. The kiss shot is very appealing because it looks like an easier shot to pocket, but there is a chance that if you run into the 11 ball you wont be able to pocket the 7 ball, because of the position of the 1 ball. With Arties shot I would play the bank off the 1 ball keeping my opponent locked up if it doesn't go. With Bruce's shot if I liked how it was positioned, I would hit it a little firmer, making sure I would get away from the 11 ball playing position for the 1 ball. I know most people will like the kiss shot better because of the easier shot to pocket (maybe) but Arties shot is a very strong shot that shouldn't be eliminated. With Arties shoooot if missed you will have your opponent in deep trouble.:cool: With the kiss if missed it's much easier to escape the situation.:eek:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Since Larry seems to be looking for something different, and because the cueball doesn't seem to pass the 13 enough to bank the 11 into the other balls, I'll take a stab and say this shot.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4ARMR4BNTq3CSDX4DVNW3EKDU4FWsX4GAnN3HUgU3IMXU3JPaU3KXgp4LTaX4MRPc4NNsK3OWkX4PVgd3QcYu4RdWt3fXgp3fbJl4fLfx4fbPY4fJgn4iNsK4icpr4kVgd3kVDu3kWbj3kasY2kGfY@[/CUETABLE]

SJDinPHX

Suspended
KindlyOleUncleDave said:
14 carom off the 1 (not the 2 ball) and two rail the cb into the 11 removing any chance of a scratch. 7 and 2 lie exposed and 1 should be not too far above the 2 ball. The 14 actually cuts but the 7 makes the move dicey.

KOUD,

Now you are turning a "gimme" into a tougher shot. Unless you use some fancy evasive english...cutting the 14 that thin, looks like a dead scratch off the 7 to me.
If I couldn't carom the 14, off the 2,almost every time....I would saw all my cue sticks, in little 2 inch pieces, and quit for good.

PS Billy, unless the balls roll good for you (on the 11 bank) you just might be giving up control of the table, or maybe leaving him a good "clean-out" You can see that can't you ?....I'm going for the win every time in that spot. Really a very low risk situation as I see it.

Last edited:

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
KOUD,

Now you are turning a "gimme" into a tougher shot. If I couldn't make the 2 off the 14, almost every time, I would saw all my cue sticks, in little 2 inch pieces, and quit for good.

PS Billy, unless the balls roll good for you (on Artie's shot) you just might be giving up control of the table. You can see that can't you ?
If you cant hit the 11 ball to bank it then thier is no other shot but the kiss shot. And I woud go two rails and knock the 11 ball away. If you go wright into the 11 ball its a good chance you will sctatch. Just like if the cue ball goes off the 7 ball you can scratch. So you have to know were the cue ball is going. And the way I seen it I could bank the 11 ball. If I cant I will playthe kis shot and go two rails with the cue ball behind to kick the 11 ball out. Unless you want to gamble and go into the 7 ball with the cueball and shoot the one ball next. Witch is a good shot also. Its acording to what you want to do with the cueball.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Cowboy Dennis said:
SJDinPHX said:
If I couldn't make the 2 off the 14, QUOTE]

Dick,

I sure hate to point this out (twice), it's the 14 off the 2.

Deekster

Yes, I see that now, the 2 off the 14 would be quite difficult. (I shall correct my error)

As for your shot Deekster, in the words of the great John MacEnroe..."You CANNOT be serious" !!!!!

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
wincardona said:
I like Arties shot because it gives you a better chance of running out. The kiss shot is very appealing because it looks like an easier shot to pocket, but there is a chance that if you run into the 11 ball you wont be able to pocket the 7 ball, because of the position of the 1 ball. With Arties shot I would play the bank off the 1 ball keeping my opponent locked up if it doesn't go. With Bruce's shot if I liked how it was positioned, I would hit it a little firmer, making sure I would get away from the 11 ball playing position for the 1 ball. I know most people will like the kiss shot better because of the easier shot to pocket (maybe) but Arties shot is a very strong shot that shouldn't be eliminated. With Arties shoooot if missed you will have your opponent in deep trouble.:cool: With the kiss if missed it's much easier to escape the situation.:eek:
according to winning one pocket monk made this shot on billy

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4ARMR4BNTq3CSDX4DVNW3EKDU4FWsX4GAfN3HUgU3IMXU3JPaU3KXgp4LTaX4MRPc4NNsK3OWkX4PVgd3QcYx4RdWt4bAfN2bbai2bTxj4bdfv4kVgd4kCjp4kCCY4kBMS@4ARMR4BNTq3CSDX4DVNW3EKDU4FWsX4GAfN3HUgU3IMXU3JPaU3KXgp4LTaX4MRPc4NNsK3OWkX4PVgd3QcYx4RdWt4bAfN2bbai2bTxj4bdfv4kVgd4kCjp4kCCY4kBMS@4ARMR4BNTq3CSDX4DVNW3EKDU4FWsX4Gdfv3HUgU3IMXU3JPaU3KXgp4LTaX4MRPc4NNsK3OWkX4PBMS3QcYx4RdWt@[/CUETABLE]

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
billy do you remeber that? i have to go but since i saw you were on the site i decided to post it now . will follow up around 6 oclock

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
lll said:
according to winning one pocket monk made this shot on billy

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4ARMR4BNTq3CSDX4DVNW3EKDU4FWsX4GAfN3HUgU3IMXU3JPaU3KXgp4LTaX4MRPc4NNsK3OWkX4PVgd3QcYx4RdWt4bAfN2bbai2bTxj4bdfv4kVgd4kCjp4kCCY4kBMS@4ARMR4BNTq3CSDX4DVNW3EKDU4FWsX4GAfN3HUgU3IMXU3JPaU3KXgp4LTaX4MRPc4NNsK3OWkX4PVgd3QcYx4RdWt4bAfN2bbai2bTxj4bdfv4kVgd4kCjp4kCCY4kBMS@4ARMR4BNTq3CSDX4DVNW3EKDU4FWsX4Gdfv3HUgU3IMXU3JPaU3KXgp4LTaX4MRPc4NNsK3OWkX4PBMS3QcYx4RdWt@[/CUETABLE]

I though I was a GOFER.
Rod.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
androd said:
I though I was a GOFER.
Rod.

Thats ridiculous...not even Fanny or Dennis would go for THAT shot !!!

I'm getting my WOP book out now, to see this for myself. (page # please lll)

Edit. I found it, its on page 281. The shot is what Larry described, but there is no 13 ball, or option for a carom on the 14 ball. Nothing appears to be in Monk's way for a simple 1-rail bank on the 11 ball.
I find it hard to believe that would be Monk's shot selection in that spot. I'll only believe it if Billy tells me he shot THAT shot, and the balls layed, even remotely as Robbin's depicted it. (I may not even believe it then) :eek:

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
The layout is on page 273 of my WOP book, (thanks again lll), but it's the same thing as Dick said. Only 5 balls on the table.

Here's my view of the layout.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AAfQ4BOrM4CJlC3FaDp4KQOf4PXLs4UAfQ2UaiW2UTIj4Ucps4kXLs4kCrk4kBld3kBtg@[/CUETABLE]