US Open One Pocket -- OnePocket.org player sponsorship

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
John and Rob, I must say the trust you too have in me is not unfounded. I thank you both so much for voicing that trust here. Knowing people feel that way and saying so makes my day.

Thanks again,

Tom

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I heard about this thread from my friend Jerry and appreciate the kind words and praise. I do not get to play as often as I would like but for the time I have invested I am happy with my game and hope being around all these top players will help to get me to another level also. I will not be able to play the one pocket as I am busy doing camera work for Bonus Ball but will certainly be over there when I can to watch my favorite game. As for player attendance I have a good idea and will try and talk to Mark about it today. :)

As Lenny cannot make it I will also vote for Tom. Class & character should count for something when representing the site and either would(would've) do(done) it well:).

Dennis

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Tom, I've never met you but have heard good things about you. Play well if you go. I will be there and hope to meet you.

Tom, where are you from? Also, good luck at the open, we'll be pulling for you.

Hi Frank,
It is still a big if. At least as far as the sponsorship goes. The jury is still out isn't it? However I will enjoy meeting you as well. Maybe we can have lunch or dinner and chew the fat about old times in the pool rooms we visited over the years.

Mr. Backplaying, Thank you for the luck you offer. I have a feeling I will need it. I will try to do my best as I always have. As someone on this site said, "I play hard and give up little." Everyone can count on that from me.

To answer your question; I am originally from MD. just north of the District of Columbia. I moved down to Florida in 2002 for a couple years and then again in 2008. Still here. There was a lot of pool in my area of MD for a long time. Mostly One Pocket. Strange as it may seem One Pocket is the game I learned before any other. That's how prevalent One Pocket was in the Washington and Baltimore area.

Thank you as well Dennis, I appreciate your well wishes too as I do all the others who have endorsed me for this adventure. It should be and will be fun!:)

I understand there are many others on this forum who have been posting a lot longer than I have and by rights of seniority I should expect to be waiting in line to be chosen, but seeing as so many have deferred I will count my blessings to even be a nominee with so many endorsements.

Thanks to all,

Tom

Last edited:

Cory in dc

Verified Member
I've been in DC for about 12 years and when you talk one pocket greats, you always hear two names: Strawberry and Tom-Tom. There are others, but those two are the tops. I finally got to meet Tom-Tom a little while ago and he lived up to his reputation on and off the pool table.

Whoever wins, put me in for $50.

Cory

onepocket

Administrator
Staff member
It's official

It's official

I'd like to announce that Tom Wirth will be our player representative at the US Open One Pocket this year. Good luck Tom and thank you all for participating in the selection process!

We have some items to draw for among those who donate to support Tom's trip. He has agreed to share a room so everything we can raise will go toward his airfare and our room. Please chip in a little if you can. I will draw the winners right before the tournament. 1 chance for 20 donation, 3 for 50, 7 for 100.

Sponsor info for paypal or mailing a check is here:
http://www.onepocket.org/PlayerSponsor.htm

Thanks and good luck Tom!

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Yeee Doggies!!!

All I can say is I am grateful to all those who voted for me and for those who are generous enough to contribute to the funding of this trip. Any one of a number of players who frequent this organization would have served as excellent representatives to the US Open, so my having been selected is a humbling experience for me.

I thank you all very much for your confidence. And I thank OnePocket.org and all their administrators for all the hard work they do to keep this site up and running. This site is a lot of fun and it helps the newbies to One Pocket enjoy the game more by teaching them to play it better. I'm learning new things too.

I promise that while out there in Vegas playing for myself and OP.org I will give it my best effort.

Tom

onepocket

Administrator
Staff member
Yeee Doggies!!!

All I can say is I am grateful to all those who voted for me and for those who are generous enough to contribute to the funding of this trip. Any one of a number of players who frequent this organization would have served as excellent representatives to the US Open, so my having been selected is a humbling experience for me.

I thank you all very much for your confidence. And I thank OnePocket.org and all their administrators for all the hard work they do to keep this site up and running. This site is a lot of fun and it helps the newbies to One Pocket enjoy the game more by teaching them to play it better. I'm learning new things too.

I promise that while out there in Vegas playing for myself and OP.org I will give it my best effort.

Tom
What size shirt for you Tom?

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
Tom,nice guys do come in first, so just enjoy yourself and have a great experience,we're all rooting for you .I'll be in CaromCafe that week but i'll get the streaming for it. Goodluck I'll see you in Maryland soon.