John Brumback Q &A

John Brumback

Verified Member
stevelomako said:
Two questions John:

#1-Are you going to buy me a beer at DCC for my vote?

#2-Are you going to buy me a second one for all the good stuff I said about you on here?

#3-Are you going to buy me a third one just because?

Be careful on this site, all these guys on here that are being the nicest to you either:
A-Thought you were too young. :rolleyes: or
B-Voted for Nick :eek:

Hey Steve,Yes,Yes,and a maybe on the 3rd one one only because
you think I'm a SOFT target. JK. Don't worry about me I can hold my own With That Truman H.He knows not to mess with me much!! LOL I'll rat him out....If you know what I mean.Thanks bud,for the congrats and helping me get in the HOF.See ya soon at the DCC.

John B.

Congrats to being in the HOF and be careful about Truman at the dinner, he likes to pull pranks and you're a soft target.

Oh crap, I did it again that's why I wrote this on the bottom.Didn' feel like changing it.

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
Congrats on the HOF!

Wow! Brumback, Daulton and The Beard.. sooo.. how often do you guys get up to Oregon? ;) I don't think I could ask for any 3 different brains to pick for banks. And good guys as well!

I'll be nearly burning any tidbits into my brain now. I love banking and couldn't believe it when I actually learned there was a game with nothing but banking. :eek:

I'm so glad to see that 3-rail answer.. I absolutely hate those. Get a great kick out of people that swear to be able to nail those, only to see them go short or long a couple of diamonds over and over. 4-rails are much easier and look better, too. I'm gonna play with that little inside on cross-corners and see how it works for me. I never really liked the outside usage as the slightest spin transfer could really pull it too wide too easily. Pulling a hard inside to avoid the double kiss looks pretty cool, too.

Thank you again, guys, for popping in and sharing your knowledge and stories!

Can't wait to get off work and go banking. :D

And give them hell at DCC!! I'm hoping to make it there in a year.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
What's going on?

What's going on?

Jeez, this John Brumback guy is starting to get the Beard very jealous. Since he got elected to the bank HOF there has been more posts and questions about bank pool than there have been in the whole history of Onepocket.org! What the heck is going on here? :confused:

Maybe you shouldn't have beaten Efren so easily in the finals?;)

If the San Jose DuckDick starts asking John bank pool questions, that will really finish me off. :D

Beard

Johnboy, you have become a voice in the wilderness. Keep on truckin'.

John Brumback

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:
Jeez, this John Brumback guy is starting to get the Beard very jealous. Since he got elected to the bank HOF there has been more posts and questions about bank pool than there have been in the whole history of Onepocket.org! What the heck is going on here? :confused:

Maybe you shouldn't have beaten Efren so easily in the finals?;)

If the San Jose DuckDick starts asking John bank pool questions, that will really finish me off. :D

Beard

Johnboy, you have become a voice in the wilderness. Keep on truckin'.

Didn't mean to steal any of your thunder Freddie.Just trying to do my part to help banks and bankpool become more popular,as I'm sure you do also.

What do you mean by " shouldn't have beaten Efern so easily in the finals" ?

And what do you mean by " voice in the wilderness" ?

Just trying to figure you out... Your hard to figure sometimes. lol

Thanks again Fred. John B.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
John Brumback said:
Didn't mean to steal any of your thunder Freddie.Just trying to do my part to help banks and bankpool become more popular,as I'm sure you do also.

John,

Never played much bank pool, due to geography I guess... But I sure can appreciate it much more, from a down-to-earth, humble champions viewpoint...Congratulations on the HOF.

PS..We have several mutual friends, who all speak well of you...looking forward to meeting you at the DCC.

jalapus logan

Verified Member
John Brumback said:

John, pm sent!

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
John Brumback said:

Now you know I'm just funning John. What I meant was that you played very good in the finals. You played as good against Efren as you played against everybody else.

What I meant is that Bank Pool up to now, has been in the wilderness on this site. A lot of the credit for that has to go to the guy that is now trying to buddy up to you, San Jose Dick. He has reverted to his "Mr Humble" mode, he can go in and out of there very easily. Don't be tricked. He is only being nice to you to piss me off. He hates bank pool.

He said he heard so many good things about you. Then why didnt he say so when you were up for election?

At least you know where you stand with me, pal. You can have all of my Thunder that you want John, you deserve it.

SJD was right about you being a down-to-earth, humble champion, just like Efren. Whether he really meant that or not is another question.

Your for-real pal,

the Beard

John Brumback

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
John,

Never played much bank pool, due to geography I guess... But I sure can appreciate it much more, from a down-to-earth, humble champions viewpoint...Congratulations on the HOF.

PS..We have several mutual friends, who all speak well of you...looking forward to meeting you at the DCC.

Hello SJD,First let me say that I appreciate all your good compliments of me, that's very nice of you to say! I have heard nothing but good things about you. Except from Freddie, JK I know he has that little game he plays with you.
I just hope he keeps that stuff out of my stuff.

I'm looking forward to meeting you at the DCC also.Can't wait!!

Thanks again bud. John B.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
fred bentivegna said:
SJD was right about you being a down-to-earth, humble champion, just like Efren. Whether he really meant that or not is another question.

Your for-real pal,

the Beard

BitterBeard,

So nice to see, you will hi-jack even a bank pool thread, to take your usual cheap shots. Good to also see you are becoming even more "offensive" these days. (you might try some deoderant and mouthwash)..:p

PS..John, I will be the one Fred is pointing out to everyone, while muttering obscenities under his breath...By the way, I never really "hated" bank pool...until I met him !..:eek:

John Brumback

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
BitterBeard,

So nice to see, you will hi-jack even a bank pool thread, to take your usual cheap shots. Good to also see you are becoming even more "offensive" these days. (you might try some deoderant and mouthwash)..:p

PS..John, I will be the one Fred is pointing out to everyone, while muttering obscenities under his breath...By the way, I never really "hated" bank pool...until I met him !..:eek:

I want to set in between you two while you and I have a shot of yukon jack.
I don't know if Freddie even drinks but you and I will. I don't know if they have yukon jack down there but will find out.Maybe you can bring some. Boy it's going to be a fun DCC!!!!!!!!! he he he. I'v been getting alot of laughs from you two. Thanks,it's all in fun I guess. I'm going to turn you back into a bankpool fan and player,I hope. I'm laughing my butt off,but really looking foward to it.John B.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
John....I'm asking both you and Shannon this question...

Although you two guys just officially signed up here...I'm curious whether either of you guys had already been coming on this site for awhile and reading the posts, etc?...and so maybe you're already familiar with the long-time members and their posts...members for example, such as the Bankin' Beard, the grumpy old San Jose Dick :D and myself, the humble One Pocket Ghost...:)

- Ghost

John Brumback

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
John....I'm asking both you and Shannon this question...

Although you two guys just officially signed up here...I'm curious whether either of you guys had already been coming on this site for awhile and reading the posts, etc?...and so maybe you're already familiar with the long-time members and their posts...members for example, such as the Bankin' Beard, the grumpy old San Jose Dick :D and myself, the humble One Pocket Ghost...:)

- Ghost
Hello Ghosty.I can't answer for SD but yes I have been here for a couple of years I think.feel like I know alot of the ones on here even though I might not. glad to be in here now too. John B.

John Brumback

Verified Member
John Brumback said:
Hello Ghosty.I can't answer for SD but yes I have been here for a couple of years I think.feel like I know alot of the ones on here even though I might not. glad to be in here now too. John B.

Wondering why you asked? Thanks John B.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
John Brumback said:

Ok then John, truthfully now...and don't worry, those other guys won't be mad at you for backing up the Ghost here...

Have you noticed (I'm sure you have) that when different shot choice debates have gone on between the Ghost, SJDick, Billy Incardona, Artie, androd, etc. etc. that it was the Ghost's choices that were always the correct ones?...:D

- Ghost

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
John Brumback said:
Wondering why you asked? Thanks John B.

John....Mostly just to see if you were familiar with all of wise-ass joking that we all do with each other on here - but since you're old friends with Truman - I know you're used to that...;) :D

- Ghost

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
John Brumback said:
I want to set in between you two while you and I have a shot of yukon jack.
I don't know if Freddie even drinks but you and I will. I don't know if they have yukon jack down there but will find out.Maybe you can bring some. Boy it's going to be a fun DCC!!!!!!!!! he he he. I'v been getting alot of laughs from you two. Thanks,it's all in fun I guess. I'm going to turn you back into a bankpool fan and player,I hope. I'm laughing my butt off,but really looking foward to it.John B.

Oh yah, Freddie drinks.

Remember what I said about Truman? At one of the HOF dinners Truman had Diana Hoppe take up a drink to Freddie while he was at the podium. We were in the back laughing our asses off and people were getting kinda pissed not knowing....Truman had a big penis swizzle stick in the glass he sent up to Freddie.

Freddie is a great guy and I love him to death.

Dick and John Henderson are awesome guys too, you'll see that at DCC.

Dick and Freddie are so much the same in a different way, every pool room has got to have it so why not here?

Tennessee Joe6

Verified Member
From
Middle Tennessee
John---Congratulations, hope to meet you at The Hall of Fame dinner.

When will your much anticipated book, Banking With The Beardless, be available? This is an area that really needs to be addressed!!!

John Brumback

Verified Member
Tennessee Joe6 said:
John---Congratulations, hope to meet you at The Hall of Fame dinner.

When will your much anticipated book, Banking With The Beardless, be available? This is an area that really needs to be addressed!!!

Hey Joe,looking forward to meeting you too and thanks for the congrats.Much appreciated.Glad I didn't just take a drink of something,I sure would have spit some out!!" Banking with the Beardless" that's priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But please don't get him started on us.Man that was so funny I'm still laughing. I don't know if you were kidding or not but I do hope to come out with a book or dvd in the future.
side note.... me and Fred are good buds. Thanks once again. John B.