Dcc reports

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Sounds like Alex really got back on track after his loss to Bustamante in the 8th round. Congrats to Pagulayan, Dechaine, and Hall for a 1-2-3 finish!

I don't think many favored Dechaine to get that far in the 1P, so he got some people's attention. My man Justin Hall ran out of steam after motoring through the field, but he can only improve over the years.

~Doc

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I'm surprised but impressed that Dechaine has lasted to the 11th round-- still undefeated! Is he simply a run out player, or does he play decent strategy as well?

I'm pulling for Justin Hall. I'm not sure if he's ever won the 1P or banks yet (he may have), but he's certainly knocked on the door a few times.

But the Filipinos are lurking. Since there are 3 of them left out of 5 players, statistically there's a good chance of one of them winning it.

Very nice finish for Bernie. Way to go, my man!

~Doc

Mike came in 2nd to Alex, who nobody could have beaten the way he played.

Busty and Shuff both lost to Mike. I thought Shuff would grind it out with him, but he was in more of a gofer mode as was Busty, and they got shot down.

Mikes strategy works for him. Banks well, good speed and cue ball and hits the hole when he is shooting at it.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
What became of all them Feds who threatened to show up with a bus? Did they turn out to be nits? Did we lose anybody?

lfigueroa

Verified Member
What became of all them Feds who threatened to show up with a bus? Did they turn out to be nits? Did we lose anybody?

I heard, third hand, that the first night there were two guys in suits up in the Action Room, who threatened to confiscate any monies they thought were involved with gambling on pool matches. When one player protested and said something to the effect of it being legal under IN state law for two players to bet on a game of skill, one of them responded, "I don't give a shit what the state law is, we're going to confiscate the money."

Then they left and were not seen again.

Lou Figueroa

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I heard, third hand, that the first night there were two guys in suits up in the Action Room, who threatened to confiscate any monies they thought were involved with gambling on pool matches. When one player protested and said something to the effect of it being legal under IN state law for two players to bet on a game of skill, one of them responded, "I don't give a shit what the state law is, we're going to confiscate the money."

Then they left and were not seen again.

Lou Figueroa

Elaborate scam? Fake ID's and a little flim, flam? Could be lucrative. I heard on the radio that illegal sports betting was in the billions while legal sports betting was in the millions. I'm sure pool is exponentially less.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Elaborate scam? Fake ID's and a little flim, flam?

Yeah, that was my first thought, but if they disappeared right away they gave it up awfully easily. Scammers would be smarter to keep their mouths shut until they saw cash change hands and then try to get away with confiscating it.

Real agents who actually wanted to make a bust would be smarter not to wear suits. So, my best guess is that they were real agents ordered to appear and make a threat just to reinforce the prior threats, then fuggedaboudit.

IOW, they didn't really give a shit, but for political reasons thought they needed to pretend that they did.

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Yeah, that was my first thought, but if they disappeared right away they gave it up awfully easily. Scammers would be smarter to keep their mouths shut until they saw cash change hands and then try to get away with confiscating it.

Real agents who actually wanted to make a bust would be smarter not to wear suits. So, my best guess is that they were real agents ordered to appear and make a threat just to reinforce the prior threats, then fuggedaboudit.

IOW, they didn't really give a shit, but for political reasons thought they needed to pretend that they did.

The way the story was told to me, I would agree with you. Real IN Gaming Comiss guys that put in an appearance.

Lou Figueroa