2015 Derby Dance Card

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
Colonel I most certainly do appreciate the invite. I do not believe that my back will be able to handle a 10 hour trip anymore. Especially in a Jag-you-war :lol. Do want to get us a group together for a dinner night. You gonna do the whole 9 days? I have not decided what I'll do. Still recoupin', when I get a little stronger will give ya a holler.
Later my friend, Pel

Okay, all of us look forward to this event every year... Dr. Bill has graciously already replied and will probably kick my butt... however are there any others who plan on attending this year... Leaves are starting to turn... just trying to fill my dance card early...

Bille

PS Yes ghostie, I look forward to playing you this year...

PPS Pelican, I am driving up this year if you and I can stay sober during the ride you are more than welcome...

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
update

update

Okay here is the deal, I am going for the entire show... Plan on playing in all three events. Here is my plan before getting there...

1. Play as much one-pocket with as many different people as I can. Everyone plays different, the only way I can learn is to put myself in the box. So I am traveling from mobile, to new Orleans and here in Gulfport.

2. 4 to 5 hours a day on the Diamond in my house. Just put brand new 860 on it an it is like playing on ice.

3. I want to run 100 in straight pool prior to January 1. My highest run to date is 74.

4. Beat the Ghost in a race to 10 at 10 ball. No ball in hand. Have to control the break.

Lofty goals, but I am very determined about improvement, now that I am retarded (retired). Look forward to Derby and playing Mitch, Miller, Ghost, and Dr. Billy. Larry you should reconsider going this year. Pelican, looking forward to another get together, can we possibly have any more fun.

Derby this year will be bittersweet, without the Beard, however, Catherine is supposed to be there, with her fathers gear, I plan on buying some new shirts.

Bille

PS Should sunnyone show up at Derby, dinner and drinks are on me...for her and anyone else she brings... ROFLMAO

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Does anybody know definitively when the one pocket starts?? I would like to book as well.

Now that I look, I bet it starts on Sunday the 25 (not confirmed!) so your dates look good Jim.

The One Pocket has always started Sunday, the Banks the Friday before and the 9-ball Wednesday.

And don't forget the One Pocket Hall of Fame dinner is always Tuesday night!

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Okay here is the deal, I am going for the entire show... Plan on playing in all three events. Here is my plan before getting there...

1. Play as much one-pocket with as many different people as I can. Everyone plays different, the only way I can learn is to put myself in the box. So I am traveling from mobile, to new Orleans and here in Gulfport.

2. 4 to 5 hours a day on the Diamond in my house. Just put brand new 860 on it an it is like playing on ice.

3. I want to run 100 in straight pool prior to January 1. My highest run to date is 74.

4. Beat the Ghost in a race to 10 at 10 ball. No ball in hand. Have to control the break.

Lofty goals, but I am very determined about improvement, now that I am retarded (retired). Look forward to Derby and playing Mitch, Miller, Ghost, and Dr. Billy. Larry you should reconsider going this year. Pelican, looking forward to another get together, can we possibly have any more fun.

Not a chance brother Bille - I've never played a game of 10ball in my life, and don't ever plan to - I don't play those lame-ass rotation games :rolleyes:...

And just to totally prove to you how unbelievably boring beyond belief it would be for me to play a rotation game - I'd watch you and miller (Dustin) play One Pocket with each other before I'd play 9ball or 10ball...:lol :p :lol

- da Ghost

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Not a chance brother Bille - I've never played a game of 10ball in my life, and don't ever plan to - I don't play those lame-ass rotation games :rolleyes:...

And just to totally prove to you how unbelievably boring beyond belief it would be for me to play a rotation game - I'd watch you and miller (Dustin) play One Pocket with each other before I'd play 9ball or 10ball...:lol :p :lol

- da Ghost

Oh Bruce your so funny:rolleyes: Billie is not playing you:p he's playing a real ghost:eek:

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
Never thought you'd notice. [Eyebrows a-batting] You're the Ghost with the Most, Bruce!

[For the record, I deliver my sarcasm and humor with a stone cold straight face - just ask Mitch!]

Last edited:

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
How bout we all list names and phone numbers in this thread so we have the info at our disposal. Hell, w could even have a lil' tournament of our own since we have several days to do it.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
How bout we all list names and phone numbers in this thread so we have the info at our disposal. Hell, w could even have a lil' tournament of our own since we have several days to do it.

I'm probably the weakest player on this forum :eek: (I think ghost want to give me 10-5, but it ain't enough) but I'll give you guys a tip if the tariff ain't too high. :D

John
(417) 669-7673

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
Is that Western Kentucky or Wesleyan Kentucky

I went to Wesleyan when they were a powerhouse AA basketball team.

I went to Western but i live in Owensboro, right around the corner from Kentucky Wesleyan College. Might be teaching there in January as well. Their basketball teams were the terror or Division Three for years!

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area

- da Ghost

ya keep it up, might have to give one or both of the millers 10-6......:eek:

ghost vs the millers.....has a distinctive ring about it.....

:)

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
2015 Derby Dance Card

1p.org mini tourney would be awesome IMO if it could be pull it off. We could pick and set brackets ahead of time.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
ya keep it up, might have to give one or both of the millers 10-8......:eek:

ghost vs the millers.....has a distinctive ring about it.....

:)

Ok, sounds good...and I've got the perfect title for you two guys when you team up against me...:D ------>

Attachments

• 1 1 millers.jpg
    1 1 millers.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 0