Chicago Fats vs 100+ Ball Runner

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Yeah, once you experience that trap, you gotta be on the lookout for it. So, between the two banks, 10 ball or 7 ball. since they both go and both could push balls nearer to your hole, you gotta go with the 7 ball bank cause it affords natural and superior CB position on the bottom rail, whether you make a ball or not.:)

Well, until I saw the replies, I might have said I want to play anyone who doesn't bank the 7, but seeing who the lunatics are who want to bank 10 at the cluster, I guess I better save my money. :eek:

:heh

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
I'd cut the 6 to loosen up the cluster while sending the CB in between the 11 and 15 towards his side rail. With the right speed, the 11 will hopefully block his view.

This isn't what I ended up doing, but it was pretty damn high in my consideration.
The 6 would go straight in, so the 3 was not blocking it(which means the carom was a strong possibility too).

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Well, until I saw the replies, I might have said I want to play anyone who doesn't bank the 7, but seeing who the lunatics are who want to bank 10 at the cluster, I guess I better save my money. :eek:

I dont mind the 7 either John, but for me I like the 10 better. If i wanted the rock on the foot rail then the 7 is the shot but I like keeping the CB up high because unless I get lucky I am not going to make one, just break the cluster up and try to double him up on the 7 and hide something by my hole.

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD

I don't mind the 10 either John, but for me I like the 7 better. If I wanted the rock up high then the 10 is the shot, but I like putting the CB down low because unless I get lucky I am not going to make one, just break the cluster up and double him up behind behind the 15 near the bottom rail, and hide something by my hole.:lol:lol:rolleyes:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I don't mind the 10 either John, but for me I like the 7 better. If I wanted the rock up high then the 10 is the shot, but I like putting the CB down low because unless I get lucky I am not going to make one, just break the cluster up and double him up behind behind the 15 near the bottom rail, and hide something by my hole.:lol:lol:rolleyes:

lol, stop copying me darrel ;)

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member
I'd cut the 6 to loosen up the cluster while sending the CB in between the 11 and 15 towards his side rail. With the right speed, the 11 will hopefully block his view.

This isn't what I ended up doing, but it was pretty damn high in my consideration.
The 6 would go straight in, so the 3 was not blocking it(which means the carom was a strong possibility too).
This is my shot too, especially with the possibility of a carom to open up the cluster. The shot is more likely than any of the banks and the safety is a natural roll with lots of continuation shape. What's not to like?

That's for the dough. For show, I'd "whistle the straight back" like Rod and draw back for the cluster.

pj
chgo

Last edited:

Kybanks

Verified Member
Cut the 11 ball into the 6 ball and use the 15 ball as a stopper. The shot accomplishes quite a bit.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
I am banking the 10 and drawing the rock all the way back to end rail and off and out between 11 & 15 not leaving a shot at either towards my opponents hole. My next shot is the 11. Whitey

Last edited:

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
This is my shot too, especially with the possibility of a carom to open up the cluster. The shot is more likely than any of the banks and the safety is a natural roll with lots of continuation shape. What's not to like?

That's for the dough. For show, I'd "whistle the straight back" like Rod and draw back for the cluster.

pj
chgo

The 4 was froze to the rail and the 3 was froze to the 4. I wasn't 100% how the 6 would react and that is what pulled me away. Now that I am typing this, I think I will go back and set it up when I get back to a table.

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
I don't have a pic after the shot, but I ended up banking the 10 pretty softly and broke up the cluster nicely. I didn't get all the way down but had the 11 doubled up on my balls and he was in a really bad spot.