Evelyn Wanderone/Biography 2-28-96

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Looking for suggestions.
Six weeks after Fats died I was invited by Evelyn to Dowell IL to do an interview on their life. I planned it out fairly well, did my research at the library, and found them extremely interesting as one would imagine.

From the time Fatty would travel with his dad overseas (twice)....his dad was originally a mercenary then a merchant marine, to the time a few days before Rudolph Sr. died, and Ev and he partied too much, and Ev thought she may have been instrumental in his passing. That was a complete surprise.
I did this in hopes to find someone who would want to do a movie before I move on to greener pastures. I've got the nuts and bolts of their life, beginning to end to make it work.

I've also entertained the thought about attending the HOF dinner and showing the one hour clip, and donating half the ticket dollars generated to the one pocket HOF organization.

If you know of anyone whom might be interested in this venture PM me.
I've always thought if there was ever a movie about this man, Roger Griffis seemed to me a good character fit, and possibly Basavich.

Sincerly,
Bill Meacham

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
vapros said:
Bill, are you sure those guys are good actors? Are you thinking of some kind of home movie?

I have NO clue, I'm just making a point/observation, but Roger Griffis has that 'way' about him. His personality has a similar ''feel'' to how how Fats came across to others.
Like Jackie Gleason in the Hustler, he knew how to play and his ability to bring those mannerisms and swagger to the screen.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Island Drive said:
I have NO clue, I'm just making a point/observation, but Roger Griffis has that 'way' about him. His personality has a similar ''feel'' to how how Fats came across to others.
Like Jackie Gleason in the Hustler, he knew how to play and his ability to bring those mannerisms and swagger to the screen.

I think you might need a major star with name recognition. That would gaurantee a certain amount of ticket sales. Real players, I would make anyone interested audition. I would really put them through it. They would have to hit their marks and know the lines to get a supporting role. Who knows what hidden talent could surface. I would try to take advantage of Jeff Bridges recent surge and get him. Don't worry about the weight thing. They can fix that. He could pull it off spendidly. I woud shoot in Chicago. AB,Bill, and Fred B would have lead supporting roles without having to audition of course, with good salaries, benefits and medical ins. for life naturally. I would open and close the flick wi our national anthem.....

Betcha Bottom Dollar You'll Lose The Blues In Chicago--Chicago
The Town That Billie Sunday Couldn't Shut Down.
On State Street That Great Street I Just Wanna Say
They Do Things They Don't Do On Old Broadway
They Have The Time-The Time Of Their Life
I Saw A Man He Danced With His Wife In Chicago
MY HOME TOWN!!!!!!

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I'm NOT involved with the film industry in any way. I just did this biography of their life because I felt it was important to understand this man and his lifes journey. I'm reaching out to others incase someone might know someone who might have interest in this mans story. I'm just a pool player who cut my teeth during the Johnson City days and never could stop.

JAM

Verified Member
Island Drive said:
I'm NOT involved with the film industry in any way. I just did this biography of their life because I felt it was important to understand this man and his lifes journey. I'm reaching out to others incase someone might know someone who might have interest in this mans story. I'm just a pool player who cut my teeth during the Johnson City days and never could stop.

Contact Jay Helfert. I think he'd be a good asset in this endeavor! :)

MARK..HOU TX

Verified Member
I think "John Goodman" if he was coached up some on pool demeanor and misdemeanor might be a good fit.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
JAM said:
Contact Jay Helfert. I think he'd be a good asset in this endeavor! :)

Dave Thompson was more to my thinking, we met/became friends yrs. ago in Belmont Shore at the Acapulco Inn, back when he was broke/dick driving his beat up Fiat, hummmmmmmm wonder if he's going to get the next generation ones that are coming.. Pretty sure I mentioned it to Jay last yr. during my visit, but he was having issues with his newborn and easily could of forgotten it.
Thx for the reminder tho, I'll give em a shout out.

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
Island Drive said:
Looking for suggestions.
Six weeks after Fats died I was invited by Evelyn to Dowell IL to do an interview on their life. I planned it out fairly well, did my research at the library, and found them extremely interesting as one would imagine.

From the time Fatty would travel with his dad overseas (twice)....his dad was originally a mercenary then a merchant marine, to the time a few days before Rudolph Sr. died, and Ev and he partied too much, and Ev thought she may have been instrumental in his passing. That was a complete surprise.
I did this in hopes to find someone who would want to do a movie before I move on to greener pastures. I've got the nuts and bolts of their life, beginning to end to make it work.

I've also entertained the thought about attending the HOF dinner and showing the one hour clip, and donating half the ticket dollars generated to the one pocket HOF organization.

If you know of anyone whom might be interested in this venture PM me.
I've always thought if there was ever a movie about this man, Roger Griffis seemed to me a good character fit, and possibly Basavich.

Sincerly,
Bill Meacham
The pool world could use a good movie immediately! Business sucks in my town. Too many electronic gadgets for the youngsters to play with.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Here's a small snippet of what's Fats was like. His father was a mercenary. In fattys childhood, he and his father would be in the streets of NY where crowds would gather doing something where betting or money was involved. One time this lady tried to join in with this group of men. Fats dad Rudolph Sr. thought it was no place for a woman to be, so fats dad had fats piss on her leg to get her to leave.