Hard Times Chuck Markulis Memorial Finals

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
22 year old Lukas Verner Won the hot seat over Mitch Ellerman with a beautiful nine and out. Waiting for winner of Sky Woodward and Gerson Martinez to play Ellerman, and plays the winner there in the finals. Free stream from post up on you tube or facebook starts at ten. Some incredible matches left. I got
A call yesterday from my old friend Bob Ohashi who is working in Conneticut. He told me this young guy Erik who plays out of Jayson Shaw's room was coming out and plays well. 22 year old is a monster player.

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Oh
22 year old Erik Verner Won the hot seat over Mitch Ellerman with a beautiful nine and out. Waiting for winner of Sky Woodward and Gerson Martinez to play Ellerman, and plays the winner there in the finals. Free stream from post up on you tube or facebook starts at ten. Some incredible matches left. I got
A call yesterday from my old friend Bob Ohashi who is working in Conneticut. He told me this young guy Erik who plays out of Jayson Shaw's room was coming out and plays well. 22 year old is a monster player.
Looks like they are not streaming yet. Probably 11am. They have 148 in the 9 ball

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
after a very weird thing....where they stopped the 1p final in the middle of the set....looks like it is starting back up right now.

CHUCK MARKULIS MEMORIAL | MATCHROOM 9-Ball WORLD RANKING EVENT - YouTube

Thank you, Dustin, for the link. I watched the continuation (final two games in a race to 4 that goes hill-hill) of the one pocket finals between Gerson Martinez (Peru-age 28) and Lukas Verner (USA-Wallingford, Ct.-age 21) which begins at 2:39 of the YouTube stream. I suppose Gerson should be considered a Chicago guy when he's in the USA since I see him frequently on Facebook streams playing action matches in a scotch doubles format at a Chicago private club. He's a newbie when it comes to one pocket, but is a splendid talent. He's another ideal example that super straight shooters, ala Joshua Filler and Fedor Gorst, can overcome their lack of one pocket experience by consistently pocketing tough shots and running balls.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I've been seeing Lukas around here in New England since he was about 14 years old, with his dad transporting him around. In fact we have both played in some local One Pocket events (at Mazin's Billiards in Malden MA). He is a straight shooter and seems to be getting better and better. Good for him!!

johntheplumber

22 year old Lukas Verner Won the hot seat over Mitch Ellerman with a beautiful nine and out. Waiting for winner of Sky Woodward and Gerson Martinez to play Ellerman, and plays the winner there in the finals. Free stream from post up on you tube or facebook starts at ten. Some incredible matches left. I got
A call yesterday from my old friend Bob Ohashi who is working in Conneticut. He told me this young guy Erik who plays out of Jayson Shaw's room was coming out and plays well. 22 year old is a monster player.My hats off to Danny Yaplee that played in the one pocket memorial tournament at hards times. he drew Spenced Laden in the first round and Jared in the second round. And got to play some one pocket with Al Romero last week. I we he gets back to the Seattle Area i can learn a little bit of the one pocket he learned at hard times. I hope to see you soon Danny.

johntheplumber

I am sorry jrhendy i added my reply onto your comment i am new at this and hopefully learn the ropes to this forum. I was not trying to dishonor you I was just trying to let my friend danny Yaplee know that i was proud of him for traveling to sacremento from Seattle to play in the hard times one pocket tournament

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I am sorry jrhendy i added my reply onto your comment i am new at this and hopefully learn the ropes to this forum. I was not trying to dishonor you I was just trying to let my friend danny Yaplee know that i was proud of him for traveling to sacremento from Seattle to play in the hard times one pocket tournament
No worries! I’m a veteran user and it still gets confusing at times lol.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Danny and I talked a bit about the pool scene in Seattle, and some mutual friends. Are you the John that is his roommate and was down for the last tournament here?

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Thank you, Dustin, for the link. I watched the continuation (final two games in a race to 4 that goes hill-hill) of the one pocket finals between Gerson Martinez (Peru-age 28) and Lukas Verner (USA-Wallingford, Ct.-age 21) which begins at 2:39 of the YouTube stream. I suppose Gerson should be considered a Chicago guy when he's in the USA since I see him frequently on Facebook streams playing action matches in a scotch doubles format at a Chicago private club. He's a newbie when it comes to one pocket, but is a splendid talent. He's another ideal example that super straight shooters, ala Joshua Filler and Fedor Gorst, can overcome their lack of one pocket experience by consistently pocketing tough shots and running balls.
Especially if they've watched a couple of hundred hours of 1P video, like what wasn't available to straight-shootin' suckers in the good old days.

Hell, I used to.... um..... maybe not.