My apologies, new members....

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
.... that I took so long to approve your membership. Holidays are bad enough but we also had a failed basement drainage flood, coming at the worst time with painters in our living room and dining room so a whole bunch of stuff was temporarily on the basement floor -- where it never would be under normal circumstances. Now that you finally do have access, consider introducing yourselves with a post here:

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Only good was this didn't happen in the beginning of Covid, a friend did and Major ''goat rope'' was an understatement.
His foundation got ruined in 3 days and he had to move out.

When I moved into my new home, first thing I did, install a water shut off valve in the house. Anytime I'm gone for the day water is off.

Glad it all worked out, no structural damage is a good thing.

bm

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Isn't Cincy allowed to approve new members too? I mean whats the criteria to join.. you need a pulse? When I joined several years ago it took me a few weeks to get approval. I had totally forgotten about it.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Isn't Cincy allowed to approve new members too? I mean whats the criteria to join.. you need a pulse? When I joined several years ago it took me a few weeks to get approval. I had totally forgotten about it.
It might be just me. I found I had to do it manually because the bots and spammers get too good to leave it to automatically take care of itself. Every once in a while I accidentally let something iffy in, but not too often. If I leave it on auto, it's guaranteed some will slip in. Cincy usually asks me, but he does often notice and remind me if it has gone too long. I usually try to take care of it every couple days. That is usually enough but I think because of my book we are getting more new sign ups. Doesn't mean they all post, as usual lol

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I can do it and I have here and there on occasions if someone contacts me directly, but I try to leave them all for Steve. I haven't been very good lately on reminding him as I have been swamped for a year now LOL....