old vs new rules

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
for the record
I am not looking to start a rules controversy again or asking to change our rules
i stumbled upon this and found it interesting as i never read the old rules
darrell i am not kidding
start a new thread if you want to change or discuss other rules
please

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
start a new thread
That might not be a bad idea.
Speaking as a bystander, it's kinda tough to parse through and get a handle on what is being discussed and why those opinions.
It might be nice to have someone post a specific aspect that has had some back and forth already and list those pro's and con's in one post.
Being careful to quote as it proceeds so we can more handily see what specifically is being addressed.
Not that I'm trying to steer any changes. Just trying to keep up.
-B

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
That might not be a bad idea.
Speaking as a bystander, it's kinda tough to parse through and get a handle on what is being discussed and why those opinions.
It might be nice to have someone post a specific aspect that has had some back and forth already and list those pro's and con's in one post.
Being careful to quote as it proceeds so we can more handily see what specifically is being addressed.
Not that I'm trying to steer any changes. Just trying to keep up.
-B
sorackem
if you search threads by whitey you will find some
or just search rules
i dont think you will find someone will summarize everything for your convenience at this time based on all the time spent in past threads
icbw
check your pm

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
i dont think you will find someone will summarize everything for your convenience
I wasn't looking for someone to make things 'convenient for me'. I merely thought it might be nice to organize the points of topic a bit better, for everyone's benefit.
If I were looking for someone/something to benefit me; I'd choose something more substantial.
(no, I was not offended - just trying to be clear ;))

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I wasn't looking for someone to make things 'convenient for me'. I merely thought it might be nice to organize the points of topic a bit better, for everyone's benefit.
If I were looking for someone/something to benefit me; I'd choose something more substantial.
i apologize if i offended you
it was not my intention

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
if you contact darmoose or whitey as i mentioned above
i am sure they can give you many salient points

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
As most of you know, Bob Jewett, Dennis and I have been a committee of three working on ideas for updating our One Pocket rules. We have had plenty of hearty disagreement -- which actually I think is a good thing. Some of the specific areas of discussion did have their own threads. Lately I have been in particular focusing on tools that TD's might use to control tournament times. I see these as "alternates" that a TD might employ if necessary. And yes, I will start a new thread lol :)

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I saw where Railbirds TV put up that notification about some OP matches from this past Derby they had put up on YouTube I clicked on one with Cliff Joyner vs Ruiz to see how Cliff was. Obviously he's not even a shadow of his old, but anyway on the third game he made a ball on the break in his pocket and scratched at the same time, and they didn't know the rule and it seems nobody around there watching knew.

beatle

Verified Member
simple standard rules put one up and ball in hand behind the line. never been a problem

crazy rule where ball on break doesnt count and a rerack== simple, he gets another break.
or you add a few more exceptions to that rule to cover all the other possible things that could happen on the shot.

or make the rule in one pocket that we want no luck to factor in and the best player wins every game. that will make the game exciting and bring in lots of new players. no.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
simple standard rules put one up and ball in hand behind the line. never been a problem

crazy rule where ball on break doesnt count and a rerack== simple, he gets another break.
or you add a few more exceptions to that rule to cover all the other possible things that could happen on the shot.

or make the rule in one pocket that we want no luck to factor in and the best player wins every game. that will make the game exciting and bring in lots of new players. no.

Yeah, I was just surprise that nobody there seemed to know.. (So young Ruiz sends poor Cliff hobbling off to see if he can track down somebody to find out)