ONE POCKET TOURNAMENT @ Red Shoes Billiards July 22nd, 2023

Red Shoes

Verified Member
From
Park Forest Illinois
Red Shoes Billiards will be hosting a ONE POCKET TOURNAMENT on Saturday July 22nd, 2023. This is a $50 Entry Fee (green fee included), ***$500 ADDED***(based on a full field), Double Elimination (3-2), One Day ("IRON MAN") Event. For additional information CONTACT: John Lavin @ Red Shoes Billiards 12009 S. Pulaski Rd. Alsip, Illinois 60803 tel. (708) 388-3700 or website: redshoesbilliards.com or FACEBOOK. Field be be closed to the first 30 "PAID" players. Players meeting 11 AM.

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
On July 22nd, Red Shoes Billiards hosted an "Iron Man" (game goes on until there is a winner) one-pocket tournament" which was limited to 30 players. The tournament had an early full field with several late-and-wanting to be tournament players, left standing on the sidelines, including notable Sergio Rivas.

Ultimately, to the chagrin of the rail side on-lookers. the hot seat player, Mike Almordova agreed to split with the other two remaining players, Frank Ruiz (who lost in the hot seat match) and Eddie Balderas. Nice playing guys! Mike ($500), Frank ($400), and Eddie ($400) The pinpoint reason for the three-way split is that the trio are "compadres" who frequent Chris's Billiards on the north side of Chicago. They probably drove down to the tournament together. Had the three last players in the tournament been players who frequent Red Shoes Billiards, then you can bet that the matches would have continued until there was only one player left standing.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

Verified Member
No kidding.

I have played in several Red Shoes events and they're alway great. Several years ago I went through the field undefeated and Glenn "Piggy Banks" Rodgers eventually joined me in the finals. It was late and Piggy offered to split and I said something to the effect,"I didn't drive all the way up from St. Louis to split. Let's play."

Now see, my thinking was not only about upholding what I knew to be a long standing Red Shoes "Iron Man" tradition, but I had put Piggy on the one loss side and was feeling pretty jiggy with it. Big mistake. What I had failed to factor in was that the finals would be played on the "money table" (right next to the desk) and that Piggy had undoubtably logged hundreds of miles that tight, fast GC.

I knew I was in trouble when Piggy started "pimp rolling" around the table on me, lol, and casually firing in banks from everywhere.

Lou Figueroa
should have
thought about
it more