Rip to San Jose Dick

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
People that knew him in real life seemed to think highly of him like Alf Taylor, Lenny Marshall, Old Skin, Rod, etc, so that means a good deal.. Enjoyed talking to him in the cafe and by pm.. He didn't care much about WWYD..Enjoyed the back and forth with Beard, Bill S.,, Barton, CJ Wiley and others.....They could all move and counter punch like pros... rip..

You can add my name to the list of someone that knew him in real life. This is sad news for sure. I loved his wit. RIP my friend.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
In case any are reading or may, heartfelt condolences to the McMorran family.

The few interactions I had with Dick, got the succinct impression that he missed his wife dearly.

Always thought it was unfortunate he became/felt estranged from daily interaction here. What a character.....

RIP, Richard "San Jose Dick" McMorran.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
To a rounder and a smile I knew to avoid when matching up, my wallet didn't feel secure making a game with this man in my youth ( couldn't afford it :) ). He had a love and rode with it....not an easy course on the green felts. RIP

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Just logged in after a few days and saw this post. Dang. I never met Dick but we talked of meeting a couple of times (now I'll have to wait to meet him, but I hope it will be a long time from now). RIP San Jose Dick from Phoenix. You will be missed.

And Lenny, very sorry for the loss of your close friend. Condolences to you, his other many friends and family.

Dave

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
Been a while since I logged in.. Sorry to hear of his passing.

He was one of the strong personalities on this site when I first created an account and got in the mix. Although things were heated at times I gained a lot of insight and understanding of one pocket regardless.

I still remember a few shots and things he shared here and am happy I was able to interact with him in this online world.

My condolences to you Lenny and others that knew him in a more personal way than me.

- dudley

LOSGATOStaki

Rest In Peace San Jose Dick.
Condolences to his family and friends.
I wish i had gotten to know him better back in the Circus Billiard days in San Jose.