Satellite MOT concurrent with Buffalo’s in May

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Be nice to at least know the dates before SWA doubles their prices -- some of us are just going for a couple of days...

Lou Figueroa
just sayin'
Thursday May 23 round robin format day one; Friday May 24 round robins finish; Sat the 25th finals (single elimination format).

All three days 10AM start and scheduled to wrap around 3PM (give or take) so we can get back to the pro event. If their kitchen is functioning, I believe they will have a simple breakfast available 😁

$100 entry (payable day of) but we will get a signup going right after the MOT

Last edited:

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Thursday May 23 round robin format day one; Friday May 24 round robins finish; Sat the 25th finals (single elimination format).

All three days 10AM start and scheduled to wrap around 3PM (give or take) so we can get back to the pro event. If their kitchen is functioning, I believe they will have a simple breakfast available 😁

$100 entry (payable day of) but we will get a signup going right after the MOT

Thank you but probably not doable given the airline schedule.

I'd have to fly in Wednesday to make that start time. Overall, it's more than I want to invest on this trip. I may just zoom in and out and sweat the main event for a couple of days.

Lou Figueroa
and still eat
some great food : -)

one pocket guy

Verified Member
From
Arkansas (near Memphis Tn)
I may not play if that’s the schedule. i Thought it was gonna be a Saturday only deal like last
time. I’m going down to sweat the main event mainly but would play one day if we could get back in time for final rounds. I’m kinda like Lou as well as I won’t be arriving til Thursday afternoon anyway.
~T

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
So you two would be in if it was two days, Friday and Saturday only? Friday round robin and Saturday finals? I don't think we need the second day of RR since they have plenty of tables available at Buff III

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
So one day (Friday the 24th) for round robin, then one day single elimination finals with 8 players Saturday the 25th. That would be more of a "mini" format.

8 players for the final day means three rounds Saturday, probably races to 2 to achieve an early wrap. Maybe a final race to 3 if the first two rounds go quick enough???

lfigueroa

Verified Member
So you two would be in if it was two days, Friday and Saturday only? Friday round robin and Saturday finals? I don't think we need the second day of RR since they have plenty of tables available at Buff III

I am still trying to arrange some things and won’t know for sure for a couple of days.

Lou Figueroa

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
I am 100% in. You did comment on this schedule before Steve, so I booked my flight for Wednesday night according. Not that I’m complaining. Two days is plenty. I’ll have an extra day to sweat, and play Bill. (Rousey, Kentucky, no matter 😀). And maybe an extra crawfish feast!!

Can’t wait!
Mitch

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
those crawdads are gonna be expen$ive this season....

still wish i could swing it....

ray owes 1p.org a table this year (was paid for last year and not there - supposed to be comped this year). steve.....maybe you can reach out to him and jog his memory.....

lfigueroa

Verified Member
OK, so I made reservations and I'll be getting in Friday morning -- so depending on the start time I could conceivably play in a Friday event.

Having said that, I would personally prefer a one day Saturday event similar to what we did a few years ago at Lacy's. I thought that went off perfectly, time-wise, and should be doable this year if we're getting a decent number of tables.

Lou Figueroa

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
OK, so I made reservations and I'll be getting in Friday morning -- so depending on the start time I could conceivably play in a Friday event.

Having said that, I would personally prefer a one day Saturday event similar to what we did a few years ago at Lacy's. I thought that went off perfectly, time-wise, and should be doable this year if we're getting a decent number of tables.

Lou Figueroa
I got the feeling most of us wanted to get more play in, than just that one day. But maybe others will chime in here, that have not yet so far.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I got wondering about something like a “buy back” mini play-in for the last spot. Either late arrivals (like Lou) or players that missed the cut could re-enter/enter that way, with the “play-in” starting at 10AM (concurrent with other matches, because you would only be waiting for the one “play-in” winner who gets the last spot in the Saturday finals.

This is just a half thought out idea (to try to accommodate late arrivals in particular). Miller might or someone else might have a better idea 😁😁

The buyback play-in could be only like $20 or $40 — but late arrivals who missed the round robin portion would need to catch up so $100 regular entry plus the buy back???

lfigueroa

Verified Member
I got the feeling most of us wanted to get more play in, than just that one day. But maybe others will chime in here, that have not yet so far.

Do whatever.

If I can play, fine, if not no sweat.

Lou Figueroa

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I can tell you I am in DEAD stroke. Our Senior center played another senior center close to us. They had four 9’ diamonds and a coupe of 650 players. I told our team, 650 means nothing in OP. I went ten and two and have been DEAD except for a coupe of hours a day. When I play, I pay. Looking forward to my operation sort of…….I am going to miss going to the Big L and Nu O‘leans.