Simple wwyd(or is it?)

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Tom, as you know I only tried the shot twice, and made it 2nd try. I never revisit shots once I do them. But, in all fairness to you and your shot selection I revisited it, and yes I see where you are coming from, for as it is set; cb froze to 1st diamond head rail w/ 5 on the spot it is a trap scenario w/ the cb wanting to scratch in the side.
Whitey

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Here are some somewhat related videos. I put up more videos of the same cut shot to demonstrate how the cb reacts when the contact is slightly heavier or lighter.

With the cb in the approx. area where Alex had it vs. Efren there are some common safer or safe shot selections, but I'll let our more experience colleague Tom expand upon that, if he would.
Enjoy, Whitey

Last edited:

unoperro

Verified Member
Here are some somewhat related videos. I put up more videos of the same cut shot to demonstrate how the cb reacts when the contact is slightly heavier or lighter.

With the cb in the approx. area where Alex had it vs. Efren there are some common safer or safe shot selections, but I'll let our more experience colleague Tom expand upon that, if he would.
Enjoy, Whitey
Appreciate the work. On the cross table bank I was playing a ring game of 9ball money on the 5&9. Scratch on the ball immediately before the money ball it spots back up. A fouls and incoming player can make you shoot again
Guy scratches on the 4. The 5&6 are stuck together a 1/2 diamond from the corner pocket along the end rail. I know I can make the cross bank and am trying to break up the 5&6.
I banked the 4 in 3 times in a row and scratched in the bottom corner each time. I never thought to bank it with hold up like you did.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Appreciate the work. On the cross table bank I was playing a ring game of 9ball money on the 5&9. Scratch on the ball immediately before the money ball it spots back up. A fouls and incoming player can make you shoot again
Guy scratches on the 4. The 5&6 are stuck together a 1/2 diamond from the corner pocket along the end rail. I know I can make the cross bank and am trying to break up the 5&6.
I banked the 4 in 3 times in a row and scratched in the bottom corner each time. I never thought to bank it with hold up like you did.
I did the inside reverse draw stroke to help slow down the cb for 1. so it does not come back down table, and for 2. to keep it close to my long rail so it is harder to do a good reply shot.
I do that same stroke when doing a steep cut into a corner pocket and want to kill the cb when it is coming straight back for a shot on the side pocket, it really works well.
I hope you have good luck solving your scratch problem, sure sounds like your banking is spot on!
Whitey

unoperro

Verified Member
I did the inside reverse draw stroke to help slow down the cb for 1. so it does not come back down table, and for 2. to keep it close to my long rail so it is harder to do a good reply shot.
I do that same stroke when doing a steep cut into a corner pocket and want to kill the cb when it is coming straight back for a shot on the side pocket, it really works well.
I hope you have good luck solving your scratch problem, sure sounds like your banking is spot on!
Whitey
I understand why you shoot it that way. I tried it today and was getting too much inside on it. I need to move the cueball off the rail more and try it again.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Great shooting Whitey, I said it twice because you did it so well, !

Last edited: