TITTY SHOT BANK

Shorty Bankz

I WAS shown this shot by a good one pocket player from DREXELINE billiards ... I truthfully forgot exactly how this shot was set up exactly and what he used on the cue ball ... If their is a person who KNOWS this shot please refresh my memory on how this shot is made ... Please only respond if you know this shot !!!!!! THANKS08BB8CB6-DE7B-4586-9C71-4E8250CEEBA9.jpeg

Shorty Bankz

you have to know the table for this shot and how it reacts off the points. simple with practice.

its best not to double post the same thing in two forums, and not ask anyone not to post, and you will find most here know a lot and all posts are worth reading.
NO disrespect I only want person or persons that knew the shot ... I was taught the shot and forgot ... if you don’t know the shot I really didn’t want no advice and I kindly stated that sir ... thanks again

Bob Jewett

Verified Member
From
Berkeley, CA
... I was taught the shot and forgot ...
I've practiced this shot so I know a little about it. You can play it either point-side rail-pocket (2 rails) or point-pocket (1 rail) to the two different pockets. Whether it is possible depends on exactly how the balls are sitting. For the shot you show, I assume you are going to keep the cue ball below the object ball. It is also possible to cross the object ball if the cue ball is closer to the side rail. If you are staying below, move the cue ball a little more towards the center of the table do you don't get the direct kiss.

You have to get a feel for how the point works. You need to try the balls with exactly the same positions repeatedly. Get some reinforcement donuts if you don't already have them. I think of cutting the point to the left or right with the object ball. From the position shown and the cue ball adjusted out some, begin with shooting the OB directly at the point. That will tell you which way to adjust your aim. If the kiss is automatic when you get the object ball coming off the point in the right direction, you have to move the cue ball or the object ball to avoid the kiss.

There is no simple system for this as it depends on where the object ball is coming from and what you have to do with the cue ball.

Good luck.

Shorty Bankz

"...
I've practiced this shot so I know a little about it. You can play it either point-side rail-pocket (2 rails) or point-pocket (1 rail) to the two different pockets. Whether it is possible depends on exactly how the balls are sitting. For the shot you show, I assume you are going to keep the cue ball below the object ball. It is also possible to cross the object ball if the cue ball is closer to the side rail. If you are staying below, move the cue ball a little more towards the center of the table do you don't get the direct kiss.

You have to get a feel for how the point works. You need to try the balls with exactly the same positions repeatedly. Get some reinforcement donuts if you don't already have them. I think of cutting the point to the left or right with the object ball. From the position shown and the cue ball adjusted out some, begin with shooting the OB directly at the point. That will tell you which way to adjust your aim. If the kiss is automatic when you get the object ball coming off the point in the right direction, you have to move the cue ball or the object ball to avoid the kiss.

There is no simple system for this as it depends on where the object ball is coming from and what you have to do with the cue ball.

Good luck.
thanks Bob

Bmoretallpaul

Verified Member
I WAS shown this shot by a good one pocket player from DREXELINE billiards ... I truthfully forgot exactly how this shot was set up exactly and what he used on the cue ball ... If their is a person who KNOWS this shot please refresh my memory on how this shot is made ... Please only respond if you know this shot !!!!!! THANKSView attachment 433326
Shorty, Tallpaul from Baltimore how are ya. I play this shot in desperation when I need all the balls and have cover to hide the cue. Needing only the one no way do I shoot this. Depending on the distance from cue to object dictates the stroke but for the most part a center ball stop( for cover) works well. With practice you’ll get it close enough to get you out of a trap.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
First you have to rub the point to make it stiff, then play your cue ball to miss the object ball. Then prepare to run out. I played a guy in Daly City nearly every weekend. He played a little, normal spot was 11-6/ 10-5. He played this shot all the time and made it quite often. Usually when he missed it, he lost. You have to visualize the shot like any bank.

Shorty Bankz

First you have to rub the point to make it stiff, then play your cue ball to miss the object ball. Then prepare to run out. I played a guy in Daly City nearly every weekend. He played a little, normal spot was 11-6/ 10-5. He played this shot all the time and made it quite often. Usually when he missed it, he lost. You have to visualize the shot like any bank.
Thanks

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
I always aim this for about 1/3 of the object ball to hit the titty for me it feels liek I want the ball to bank above the diamond below the side pocket as the object ball acquires so much spin

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
The object ball picks up a lot of "turn" from the pocket point, so you make the ball hitting a lot higher on the opposite rail than you would expect.

GoldCrown

Verified Member
Did you say Drexeline?

Attachments

• A5DA6B9D-1E30-42F4-B306-496957A3DAE7.jpeg
    A5DA6B9D-1E30-42F4-B306-496957A3DAE7.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK
This shot is on one of Freddy’s banking DVDs. He explains how to make it. Freddy claimed he had played it against Jack Cooney for the cheese

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
I WAS shown this shot by a good one pocket player from DREXELINE billiards ... I truthfully forgot exactly how this shot was set up exactly and what he used on the cue ball ... If their is a person who KNOWS this shot please refresh my memory on how this shot is made ... Please only respond if you know this shot !!!!!! THANKSView attachment 433326
Had to be Russell that showed you. He taught me that shot also. No English or a bit if low Leff. Don’t kiss and speed is important.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I always aim this for about 1/3 of the object ball to hit the titty for me it feels liek I want the ball to bank above the diamond below the side pocket as the object ball acquires so much spin
Exactly on point :LOL:

It is much higher percentage than trying to go off the titty directly to the opposite corner. That seems counter-intuitive, but that is my experience.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Mini story/aside
i am playing in a 9 ball tourney and its hill-hill against a guy who is not very popular
i get out of line on the 9 and have a not so easy cut into the side pocket
it hits the titty and comes diagonally back to fall in the corner pocket....😱😱
the look on his face as my match ball fell in to the pocket was priceless....😎😎
carry on men