2nd How would you get out?

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Artie Bodendorfer said:
IF you have a problem with excepting the correct answer then you should find another game. Instead of confusing people who realy want to learn to play correct one pocket mistake free. Have you ever played a hole game off one pocket mistake free? YOU TRY TO LEARN FROM THE CORRECT ANSWERS. THAT WILL HELP YOURE GAME. NOT SHOOTING THE WRONG SHOTS PEOPLE HAVE DONE THAT LONG ENOUGH AND WHEN WE ARE LEARNING WE MAKE A LOT OF MISTAKES AND WRONG CHOICES. AND I MADE A MILLION MISTAKES. BUT YOU STILL HAVE TO LEARN THE CORRECT SHOTS. AND IF YOU DONT SEE THAT THEN YOU HAVE A LOT TO LEARN. IF BOBY FISHER WOULD GIVE A CHESS MOVE I WOULD NOT QUISTION IT. I WOULD BE THANKFULL THAT HE GAVE ME THE CORRECT MOVE AND LEARN FROM THAT. I GAVE CHICAGO MIKE HIS POOL LESSION> ASK HIM WHAT HE THINKS OFF MY MOVES AND CHOICES? IF we were one on one you would not quistion what I say. But you would learn from it and be tankfull that someone knowes the correct answer. OPinions are great but 30 opinions can cause confusion. Because thier can only be one teacher. And if we had to listen to 15 teachers we would be totaly confussed. If we were learning it would be almost imposable to make a correct decision. ITs good to have 100 opinions. BUt we have to learn the correct move or shot. OR you will have learned nothing. ASK CHICAGO MIKE IF HE LEARNED ANYTHING? I HAVE NEVER TOLD ANYONE ANYTHING THAT THE DIDNT LEARN. I AM NOT ABOUT GIVING OUT BS. BUT TO TEACH YOU THE CORRECT WAY TO PLAY. WITCH NOBODY DOES? AND I GOT A LOT OF CRITICISUM ON THAT WHEN I FIRST STARTED POSTING.BUT NOBODY WANTED TO CHALANGE IT. NOT EVEN THE CHAMPIONS. WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO LEARN THE CORRECT WAY TO PLAY ONE POCKET? I MADE MYSELF HIGH PRIEST. ARE YOU SMART ENOUGH TO CHALANGE IT? THEN BUT UP YOURE MONEY. AND WE WILL GET 3 OR 5 JUDGES AND WE WILL SEE WHO WINS. Since you started with the comments? ANd you didnt like my answer that thats the only way and the correct way to play the 5 balls.

I bow to your superior knowledge, O Grand Poobah.
you still haven't read the post I was answering, I said nothing about any shot, only the safety.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
JeaLouS44 said:
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AaeP4BfQb4CXaO4DVeM4ETyM3FVuL2GAQn4HPaJ1IbEN4JUII2KCmH4LHTT4MSDM3NYoN3OTaL2POOV3QcIu4RdGs2bAQn4bbeH3bTYE2fCmH2fBGp3fYWO3fYWO2kOOV2kCuX1kafW1kafa@[/CUETABLE]

Of all the shots that you could have shot, you chose the most difficult one. But you liked it and it felt good for you to shoot. Floating the cueball into the 9 and still hitting the 11 and 7 hard enough to make them is very tough. Good shooting. But bear in mind, you may have got away with winning on a shot that may not work so well the next time. But you played him safe if you missed and sent two balls at your hole. Good things usually happen when you do that.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
Of all the shots that you could have shot, you chose the most difficult one. But you liked it and it felt good for you to shoot. Floating the cueball into the 9 and still hitting the 11 and 7 hard enough to make them is very tough. Good shooting. But bear in mind, you may have got away with winning on a shot that may not work so well the next time. But you played him safe if you missed and sent two balls at your hole. Good things usually happen when you do that.
THe shot is no good because you will sell out leaving him the ten ball more times then you will get lucky and get away with it and at least 25% of the time you will scratch and follow the nine in. It might look good but its no good.

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
nothing can go wrong. you can do it 100 percent of the time. you slowly get position back. NO mistakes when behind NONE NONE NONE.

Also, the bank - you leave a safe game ball bank if you miss. Or a decent kick that can go for him.

I like uptable like you said, but I like to control the balls when Im behind rather than shoot at a 30 percent shot, that if missed leaves a 50 50 win for him...

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
newfosgatesucks said:
nothing can go wrong. you can do it 100 percent of the time. you slowly get position back. NO mistakes when behind NONE NONE NONE.

Also, the bank - you leave a safe game ball bank if you miss. Or a decent kick that can go for him.

I like uptable like you said, but I like to control the balls when Im behind rather than shoot at a 30 percent shot, that if missed leaves a 50 50 win for him...

What exactly are you saying/responding to? I do not understand.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
newfosgatesucks said:

I certainly understand your theory, I can never force myself to try to make one at a time unless I'm playing a much weaker player. If I needed one I would push them up the table as fast as possible. When I'm behind if they want to shoot a long straight-in and possibly give up three or the game I'm okay with that. If they make it " nice shot, it's your break"
PS; they'll usually deal with one near your hole. But I like your discipline I'm jealous that I don't have it.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
The Voice

The Voice

androd said:
His own post #24 and my response #29 (from which I got in big trouble with the High Priest)

I've got my own High Priest. It's the clear voice that roared from above,
"shoot the one that you think you can make".

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
I've got my own High Priest. It's the clear voice that roared from above,
"shoot the one that you think you can make".

I always listen to that voice, although it usually says your gonna overcut it or your gonna kiss the 5 ball and then the 10 ball and scratch. I didn't listen for a year or so, but the voice was almost always right, so I started listening.
Rod---- hears other voices when he drinks and drinks.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
androd said:
I always listen to that voice, although it usually says your gonna overcut it or your gonna kiss the 5 ball and then the 10 ball and scratch. I didn't listen for a year or so, but the voice was almost always right, so I started listening.
Rod---- hears other voices when he drinks and drinks.

Speaking of drinking...I have not had my compulsory 'never miss a ball' eye opener yet !!
Later guys.

Dick <--- will make more sense when he returns.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
IF you shoot the nine ball you have no control of the cue ball because you have to shoot to hard to get the 7 ball to your pocketr because the 7 ball is going 3 times as far as rhe cue ball. And the 11 ball is going 2 as far as the cue ball so to execute that shoot you will have no control of the cue ball. OR you will have control of the cue ball and the 11 ball and 7 ball will not get to the pocket. I thought I would bring it up . Because a person that doesnt no wont see it.

jay helfert

Verified Member
lll said:
senor and dennis i like your shot better because it moves 2 balls instead of one towards your pocket and leaves distance the great equalizer. stronger shot im(very)ho

This is a circus shot, and you better have good control of the cue ball or you sell out the game. Depending on the angle (which looks good) I might cross bank the 12 ball and drift the cue ball up for a long rail bank on the 10. Then you have a good chance to get behind the other two balls as well.

If I have a good angle to bank the 10 and not worry about the side pocket, I definitely shoot that shot. If you slow roll it to your hole, your opponent can't bank at the 12 ball. He must clear the 10. If you make it, then you have a nice shot on the 12.

I don't know about running out from here. I don't play that good. But if I can make the 10 first (or the 12), I'd be happy. :)

Last edited: