Breaking Action News- F. Bustamante vs Corey Deuel January 10th-11th-12th, Wichita,Ks

keoneyo

Verified Member
Site went down on crucial situation. Busty on hill to Corey's 4 games.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Busty played a fantastic shot right after one of Corey's breaks! Something like what I have tried to diagram here. His kick angle was perfect, his speed was perfect and his results were about perfect too, aside from making a ball lol.

BTW this is the chalkysticks diagramming tool -- not too bad to use considering it was my first time using it.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I'm wondering if Bustamante was getting good rolls the whole first day (like making the ball in the illustration)?

Corey spotting Busty 6 on a race to 30 (10-4 first day) would not be his dream matchup..🤨 Maybe Corey will catch a wind and even 'er up.

~Doc

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I'm wondering if Bustamante was getting good rolls the whole first day (like making the ball in the illustration)?

Corey spotting Busty 6 on a race to 30 (10-4 first day) would not be his dream matchup..🤨 Maybe Corey will catch a wind and even 'er up.

~Doc
Well I was kind of thinking that because Corey had a few scratches that were very costly for example and he also had a number of balls that just hung up in his pocket that could’ve been game changers had they dropped. But obviously Bustamante played really well — I mean nearly faultlessly. So I’m not sure what Corey could have done to win yesterday but a few better rolls would have definitely helped!!

BRLongArm

Verified Member

~Doc

End game mistakes were the difference. Busty stole several games being down and Corey would either get a bad scratch or make a mistake at the end to let Busty steal games. Corey was kicking himself at the end of day one about the mistakes that swung the match away from him. As an illustration, Corey played great in game one to get out of a tough break and peck away, gaining a 5 to -1 lead. He then scratched, giving Busty ball in hand. Busty got 9 from a tough spot to take the lead and that served as a harbinger of day 1. Busty time and again made crucial cross banks to steal the game when Corey would long rail a bank and leave the cue ball in a spot where Busty could make a tough cross bank. The match should have been closer but Corey did get some tough rolls.

Corey was in China two days ago, and I cannot help but wonder whether the jet lag had his concentration fuzzy. The usual rule is you need one day of rest and recovery for every hour of change in travel. China is 12 hours away.

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
looked to me like corey got a few crucial bad rolls in the beginning with a few unusual scratches and bustamante twice won games from 7-1 deficits and kinda broke corey down. I think in the long run busty is one of the toughest players I have ever watched, Meaning his ability win games that are lost and run out from no where. I am hoping that corey plays just a little stronger today and wins the games he is poised to win so it is a much more competitive match.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
That's a very impressive shot that Steve has diagrammed. The angle is steep and the correct hit is very close to a clean whiff. It takes a little nerve, like eating lettuce. I'm house-bound today and I think I will work on the shot. It comes up often.

keoneyo

Verified Member
Over 10 years ago Bustamante went up to Sacramento accompanying Efren to play in Chuck Markulis' Jamboree. A great event which combined 9 ball and one pocket. My man JJ Jenkins who used to record matches on VHS caught the affair. It was one of the few times Francisco entered into a one pocket event and his game was running 8 and out. Efren and other one pocket aficionados were laughing at the way Francisco played. He had no idea of safety play and shot at everything. The whole antithesis to the "Chicago game". Fortunately it is recorded on tape for history. Francisco even is caught laughing at himself.
But his years of being on the road with Efren seemed to benefit him. He shot shots last night that wouldve made Efren proud. Some carom shots as well as combination bank shots just was amazing. His complete control of cueball and his pocketing ability makes for him one of the deadliest money player today.
I look to Corey to do much better today. Corey has skills with the rack and if he catches Busty sleeping can jump ahead. FB cannot underestimate Corey.
PS FB did fly in from the Philippines so both were on jet lag.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Over 10 years ago Bustamante went up to Sacramento accompanying Efren to play in Chuck Markulis' Jamboree. A great event which combined 9 ball and one pocket. My man JJ Jenkins who used to record matches on VHS caught the affair. It was one of the few times Francisco entered into a one pocket event and his game was running 8 and out. Efren and other one pocket aficionados were laughing at the way Francisco played. He had no idea of safety play and shot at everything. The whole antithesis to the "Chicago game". Fortunately it is recorded on tape for history. Francisco even is caught laughing at himself.
But his years of being on the road with Efren seemed to benefit him. He shot shots last night that wouldve made Efren proud. Some carom shots as well as combination bank shots just was amazing. His complete control of cueball and his pocketing ability makes for him one of the deadliest money player today.
I look to Corey to do much better today. Corey has skills with the rack and if he catches Busty sleeping can jump ahead. FB cannot underestimate Corey.
PS FB did fly in from the Philippines so both were on jet lag.
Busty got in on the 4th.

keoneyo

Verified Member
Busty just ran out 10 balls from minus 2 to put the score at 13 to 5

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
no disrespect intended for Tony, but I think the top 3 one hole players in the world are all Filipino!

Alex, Dennis and Busty

That's the next match I would like to see, Busty and Tony...

keoneyo

Verified Member
Francisco runs 8 and out and plays great while Corey is shooting desperation shot. Its 18/7 Busty.
11 game lead.

keoneyo

Verified Member
Corey runs a quick 8 but Francisco runs 5 and 3 on his break and it is 8/19 Bustamante.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Corry has had the worst of the rolls (sorry Tom Tom, but it's true), but Busti is out playing him in all aspects.

Very entertaining match of the games I have watched. Busti now up 19-8... I'm afraid it's over.

Hi Keoney. Thanks for the updates.