Ghost Stood by Us, but did we stand by him?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
How about we make an effort to draw the Ghost out by sponsoring him to travel to The Hague in September to represent us? I've already said I would chip in $300 to help sponsor a player, and so has Alex Lely. If more of our members are willing to chip in then we could do it for sure. I was orginally thinking Jason Moran, and I still think he would be good, but vaccination might still be an issue in Sept. However, the Ghost would be great and I don't think the vax is an issue in his case!!

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I think he should be elected into the HOF for all he's done over the years. I think if you did a poll the overwhelming majority of our members would agree..

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
How about we make an effort to draw the Ghost out by sponsoring him to travel to The Hague in September to represent us? I've already said I would chip in $300 to help sponsor a player, and so has Alex Lely. If more of our members are willing to chip in then we could do it for sure. I was orginally thinking Jason Moran, and I still think he would be good, but vaccination might still be an issue in Sept. However, the Ghost would be great and I don't think the vax is an issue in his case!!

Maybe we could send Brian White.....
😏

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
You guys just really do not get it from administration on down, although good intentions, but you guys are so off point, I wish I had never put up this thread.
Ghost gave his all and was wronged. You know how that feels, it is like you are isolated, alone, and betrayed, for no one has your back.

I'll draw a parallel even though I absolutely do not want too. I got attacked on the OB-OP thread, and no one had my back, I was so hoping Steve would, for he knows I have earned the right to speak on rules, but nothing, so I know the above feeling all too well, a few times over.
Hank got attacked when posting on the main forum because he never played OP, but members rallied support and had his back, or we would have lost him.

That is how you keep members that are actively involved with putting up threads, with support, you got their back, and a thank you.

Why is this so hard to understand. And why is it so hard to see why he is not back, why step back into the fire just to get burnt again, he did that a few times. So where are the assurances that will not happen again. It sure is not represented in any of these posts.

I would never ask Ghost why he is not threading, that is too personal. I would never ask him to come back for that is just so shallow at this point, but I will say I have your back! That is a guarantee!
Whitey

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
When....
Your talking with pool players, this type of confrontation is good/but.

NowadaZe moments of disagreement aren't very healthy compared to years ago, give/take.

Allot of Homo sapiens no longer have the mindset of.....being right/wrong/or both right/or both wrong, or we both disagree w/o any bad will but NO. Humans are way more uncivilized than apes.

NowadZe....Mankind has to interject their own prejudice instilled from their being born into this USA advertising/tv world learning their parents ways, Monkey see. But the monkey today, has allot more tools.

In the 21st century, life's got that added Political/Flavor in Every moment/discussion.

Were' all prejudice.
Realizing that, will only help while interacting with others.

OldSchool

Verified Member
all i know is ghost belongs here and is sorely missed.

f--k anyone that has chased him away.

Gotta love how beatle doesn't mince his words, lol, says what he really thinks.

p.s. I can make a pretty good guess at who three of those members might be.

Last edited:
Reactions: lll

Maxwell

Verified Member
I'll match you Steve.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I have to speak up before this goes any further. I would prefer to be represented in Europe by someone who is still active on this website. The current dialog smacks of trying to hire Bruce to come back to work.

I am probably not aware of all the circumstances that resulted in his exit, but lord - he's been gone a long time! I still think of him as a friend, altho we don't correspond, and I can't guess what is in his heart, but it ain't us.

I don't see this as a brilliant move on our part - quite the contrary. I won't comment on this again.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Verified Member
I am probably not aware of all the circumstances that resulted in his exit, but lord - he's been gone a long time! I still think of him as a friend, altho we don't correspond, and I can't guess what is in his heart, but it ain't us.

I'm surprised to read this, coming from an intelligent writer like yourself. What I bolded above was wrongly stated, and it's also a totally imaginary, out of line/disrespecting thing to say re. how the Ghost feels:

If you "can't guess what's in his heart" then you're contradicting yourself by knowingly saying: "but it ain't us". Obviously, you don't know whether members of this site are in his heart or not.

Old School

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I am looking to help sponsor one or more of our members who would do a good job representing onepocket.org at The Hague, who otherwise would not likely to be able to attend. The Ghost would positively be good for that, along with the other member I already nominated, Jason Moran. But Jason commented that he is not vaxed and right now, that would mean a no go according to Euro rules for travel. It might well change before September however. Ghost has contributed plenty over many years here, there would be nothing wrong with him being sponsored -- if he was interested.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Gotta love how beatle doesn't mince his words, lol, says what he really thinks.

p.s. I can make a pretty good guess at who three of those members might be.
An interesting phenomenon on this forum (and any others I would also guess), just about every member here could probably name two or three other members that they would like to see gone. Some of those names would overlap, but many of them would not at all! Often it is just some people rub some other people the wrong way, and that is commonplace. I cannot control that. What I do try to control to a degree is relatively gentlemanly level of participation here. The members who have been warned or banned over the years consistently crossed a line -- either by incessant harassment of another member or inappropriate comments. Banning politics everywhere here has definitely helped with the general camaraderie though -- at least in my opinion. Anyone want to argue lol?