Ghost vs. Vitaliy #1

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Ok, here's the riddle part of this wwyd....this is the pic of the result after I shot....looking at this pic, can anybody guess what I shot and how the cueball and 5ball ended up where they did?View attachment 442558
That's why they call you The Ghost lol -- I don't see anything except a sort of Jersey Red slight double kiss -- but how the heck could you control it like that???

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
i went back at his list
this is the closest
#2......thin cut the right side of the 5ball - moving it away from his pocket - cueball back uptable but, a very touchy hit shooting off the rail from 9ft away...
maybe he tried this and got the double kiss
i dont think so because ghost wouldnt show a shot he got "lucky" on
but maybe it was on his list and ghost wanted to see if anyone else would come up with it......:unsure:;)
Larry, you might have got it, nice follow up!

Larry, I use to have a driver, a student of mine, I'd give him lessen and he'd drive me so I could drink play pool and hustle, but those days are over, to hard on the body and mind!
Whitey

Last edited:

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Played my one pocket student, Ukrainian champion/780 Fargo Vitaliy Patsura yesterday.....I'm posting up this wwyd a little differently = I'll say upfront what I was considering doing in this unappealing situation that I was in: It's my shot, my pocket is at the top right, I'm on the rail, and those balls are too damn far away for a 76 year old guy...

All of my many options are "fraught with peril" = can't make the 5ball for him, cuz I'll leave a simple bank on the 3ball......so I'm deciding between: #1. soft kick the left side of the 5ball but, maybe no bueno cuz the 5 may be slightly too close to the long rail to get the cueball lodged behind it/or a slight 1/4" table roll-off would cause a sellout. #2......thin cut the right side of the 5ball - moving it away from his pocket - cueball back uptable but, a very touchy hit shooting off the rail from 9ft away......#3......play the 13-3 combination - cueball knocking the 5ball away but, could hit it poorly/miss the 5, or scratch in Vitaliy's pocket......#4......shoot rail first to make the 5ball for him - cueball going 4rails back up-table but, cueball might run into the 3ball after coming across off of the foot rail.....#5......kick off the foot rail into the right side of the 5ball, but, clip it too thin and sell out/clip it too full, double kiss and sell out.....#6......soft kick the 8-12-3 combination, but, the 9 will hit the 11 and I might sell out a shot on one of those balls, or the 12 could tie up my 3ball......#7......soft kick the 10-14, but might leave a cross-corner bank on the 15.....#8.....thin cut the 4ball, trying to wedge under it, but, the 4 is too close to the head rail and so I probably can't get under it and will leave the shot on the 5......#9......take an intentional/soft roll onto the stack, but, that will just buy time/trade intentionals, and it could get worse for me going forward......so what did I do? - wwyd?.....pic to follow >>>
You didn't mention ''overcut'' the 13.... all cue ball behind the 5.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
i went back at his list
this is the closest
#2......thin cut the right side of the 5ball - moving it away from his pocket - cueball back uptable but, a very touchy hit shooting off the rail from 9ft away...
maybe he tried this and got the double kiss
i dont think so because ghost wouldnt show a shot he got "lucky" on
but maybe it was on his list and ghost wanted to see if anyone else would come up with it......:unsure:;)

Close guess on the shot Larry...but wrong about me not putting up a shot that I got lucky on 😲

So, the answer to the riddle is, I got a lucky roll....I shot what was listed in my opening post as #2......thin cut the right side of the 5ball - moving it away from his pocket - cueball back uptable...

But, shooting off the rail from 9ft away, I didn't hit it well = I didn't hit the 5 thin enough and it went into the pocket points...but lucky for me, after hitting the pocket points the 5 bounced up to where it sits in the pic....well, as we all know, sometimes we get a bad roll, and sometimes we get a good roll.

p.s. Naturally, I lied to Vitaliy and said I played it that way...and of course he didn't believe me, lol.

Last edited:

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Sometimes the table is the teacher, and when that happens to me, I say thank you and wish I had thought of that!
Great wwyd again, thanks Ghost! I'll work on ;your shot, I like it!
WhiteyI'

Reactions: lll

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
first inclination come a hair thick off the 5 and spinn into the stack to put cue ball back on the end raill off the 13. I also like just rollling on to the 4 ball and leaving him froze on the 4 to see what he does